Stage invaders revisited: Are you for or against it at Morrissey concerts?

Stage invaders revisited: Are you for or against it at Morrissey concerts?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks WinkWink for posting the true spirit of a Morrissey show. All are welcome. All are included. What happens, happens.

you're welcome.

when i go to a show, especially morrissey show, i look for authenticity and spontaneity...some here, a vocal handful, want a script and a jukebox.

you're welcome.

when i go to a show, especially morrissey show, i look for authenticity and spontaneity...some here, a vocal handful, want a script and a jukebox.

Exactly! Well explained. I love knowing that it could end at any moment. People do not appreciate what a completely unique experience it is every night out. I have seen Moz and The Smiths (Smiths twice, Moz eleven times) 13 times now, and there have been several times where "it could end at any moment". It's breathtaking really.

Would I have liked to see the end of the show last night? Maybe. But I saw history instead. A 47 year old man drove fans to the brink of destruction last night, the first night of the tour of all nights. And though some anonymous douchebags have lambasted me on the other board, I was, at the age of 41, able to take my two girls to their first Morrissey show and without a mention from me, see them get on stage and get (so very close) to Morrissey because they got caught up in the moment that is a Morrissey show. It was a night I won't soon forget.

gb2.jpg

ive said it a 10000 times already in here... im all for it as long as people are not selfish and are just polite, you dont have to tackle him, "floor him", rip his clothes off(maybe steal a button off his shirt). roys keen and wink wink im right with you..

p.s. i said this before as well but until i get on stage and steal a hug and maybe more ;)...i dont know how you could just stand there... i will not stop trying to get on.

it used to be nice , it doesnt really happen much anymore

i remember a few good ones in the concert hall in glasgow in 91 a guy jumpped of the balcony onto the speaker stack and climed down it and onto the stage

and in perth in 2005 a guy done the same

both risked their necks and everyone cheered

Thank goodness they didn't get seriously injured jumping from the balcony!
Just hope no one will get hurt and Morrissey either.

BTW you can see Jim really clearly in that clip

Kumo

hehe...thanks :cool:

who is that guy that allows the girl in green shirt to hug morrissey? He looks like Jerry Seinfelds TV dad...Morty i believe is the character's name.

I personally do like to see it, if it's not too rough. But when I went to see Moz at Move 2004 I had waited 20 years to hear him sing There Is A Light and if some-one had jumped on stage and ended it prematurely, I would have been very angry and disappointed indeed. Some of these people may only get one chance to go and see him and some selfish person ruins it. It's not on. I've seen him sing it once, so can die happy, but don't deny others the opportunity.

question about the photo you see from the thread at the mainsite:
Stockton, Sparks concert reviews, photos
posted by davidt on Tuesday May 01 2007, @10:00AM

is that the guy who ends the show becaus e he`s been to rough (and moz is to delicate-harhar...sorry but is has to be written)
or was that another guy ..there were more stage invaders onstage at that stage who were more gentle...and by looking at the pic it doesnt look to be too violent...

question about the photo you see from the thread at the mainsite:
Stockton, Sparks concert reviews, photos
posted by davidt on Tuesday May 01 2007, @10:00AM

is that the guy who ends the show becaus e he`s been to rough (and moz is to delicate-harhar...sorry but is has to be written)
or was that another guy ..there were more stage invaders onstage at that stage who were more gentle...and by looking at the pic it doesnt look to be too violent...

No, it's not the one.

After what happened in Stockton, I am absolutely against it. I mean, that THUG ripped Morrissey's shirt from the NECK and then tore off his necklace. And maybe that necklace had some personal meaning for him. I'd feel very ashamed if I were him. Let me rephrase that- I think a quick, classic hug (don't strangle the man!) and maybe a little kiss on the cheek is acceptable. Morrissey, I apologize for that THUG who did that to you. My opinion, and I'm sticking to it. :)

It's very, very rude to invade someone's space like that. Touching his hand or even a quick hug or peck on the cheek is sweet, but ripping off his clothes and necklace? Unneccesary.

Back
Top Bottom