St. Petersburg, FL - The Mahaffey Theater (May 30, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Trouble Loves Me / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

Last edited:
I was in the fourth row with my husband. It was a great show, however.....the people in the first few rows were unemotional and stiff. I was sickened really.

This was my 12th venture to see Morrissey. However, this time I brought my 7 yr old daughter! We had a great time! It was a great show. The only real disappointment was that he did not perform 'Asleep'....I was looking forward to that.
My daughter was standing on the chair next to me watching the show, until security came and told me she had to get down. So I had her stand in the aisle right next to me....security arrived again, and said she could not stand there. With this intense security focus on a 7 yr old girl, I would think there would have been better opportunities for stage invaders.....alas, there were none.
I was pleased to see 'How Soon Is Now' as the opening number. Very good choice.
Moz did comment on a sinkhole that was in the local news near Legoland. I was totally prepared to have a chat with my daughter about where chicken mcnuggets come from.....but totally unprepared to reassure her that LegoLand was still safe to go to!!
Again, great show. Lots of friendly people!

That's security for you, what a bunch of ass holes, if that happened in the uk there would of been a riot,
Sounds like moz is back to form.

Ummmm, I know Syria is atrocious and all but how f***ing scary is a sinkhole?

the-most-terrifying-sinkhole-pictures-youve-ever-seen.jpg

Okay, okay...ima gunna go to bed. *hic*

I think Benny the butcher and johnny barleycorn are in that hole, quickly fill it up please .

I think Benny the butcher and johnny barleycorn are in that hole, quickly fill it up please .

Steady, Grant, old boy. We're not the ones playing f***stick, Wyoming to half-interested crowds, with tickets available on the day.

Wrong you'll find it's Tosserrey in the hole with his latest album world something or other

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Steady, Grant, old boy. We're not the ones playing f***stick, Wyoming to half-interested crowds, with tickets available on the day.

Ha ah, that's because you are a nobody who can only just get people to respond to you on here, when they can be arsed.

Who's the loser, Morrissey, Barleycorn or butcher benny

let me think about it, one has a home in LA, one butchers animals and who cares what the other does.

I agree with all the comments about last night. I went to Wed's show in Nashville and the audience was so insanely engaged it made us look like a bunch of senior citizens. There were many sitting in the loge and I was like what are you even here for?!? As a result in Nash Moz played some more old Smth's jams including Asleep during the encore. Sounded great last night though.

Ha ah, that's because you are a nobody who can only just get people to respond to you on here, when they can be arsed.

Who's the loser, Morrissey, Barleycorn or butcher benny

let me think about it, one has a home in LA, one butchers animals and who cares what the other does.

You missed out that one is also a boring bitter and twisted dried up has been who earns a living clinging to the years gone by singing the same old songs again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, I'm sorry am I boring you? That's it I'm off in a huff now!

Just had to post this, just been out to salford lads club and had the iconic photo taken, the embarrassing thing is I'm in manchester for the one direction concert, oh the things you do for your 7 year old daughter

My wife and I were there last night in St. Pete. Morrissey was in good shape, his voice terrific and the band tight.

I guess I'm getting too old for this....ten years older than Morrissey. Kristen Young was too loud....and I couldn't understand what she was singing about...the music during intermission was too loud. Morrissey was almost too loud. Why?....Most of this crowd were good people but it was obvious that Morrissey was sick of a few of the boorish drunks in front. They cut him off when he tried to speak and you could tell he was irritated. Alcohol makes a fool of anybody if you let it.....I was near the front and I think Morrissey let's the people near the stage get under his skin....He's looking for some intelligence and humor and when he gets something else he is obviously disappointed...

Anyway...Morrissey was great and if you are going to any upcoming shows, prepare for high volume and depending on the venue, prepare for some heavy drinking...

My twin and I were told off by security to stop dancing. I couldn't tell if they did this to others or we were ordered to remain seated <i/>because of the unethused crowds. Some asshat who chattered throughout the whole show had the nerve to tell my sis to sit her ass down.

I had a great time until a bitchy security lady made my section sit down. The jerks behind me talked and heckled non-stop. The meat is murder videos (including the cartoon at start) didn't go over well with people either. I'm veggie and I still felt bad. I'm going to Atlanta too.... Not looking forward to it much, now. Is it Moz or is it just Mahaffey that are dancing no no? Shows I saw in years past were not like this (no fun). Sigh.

I had a great time until a bitchy security lady made my section sit down. The jerks behind me talked and heckled non-stop. The meat is murder videos (including the cartoon at start) didn't go over well with people either. I'm veggie and I still felt bad. I'm going to Atlanta too.... Not looking forward to it much, now. Is it Moz or is it just Mahaffey that are dancing no no? Shows I saw in years past were not like this (no fun). Sigh.

I think it'll be fine for us to dance. We're getting out of Florida. :)

Just had to post this, just been out to salford lads club and had the iconic photo taken, the embarrassing thing is I'm in manchester for the one direction concert, oh the things you do for your 7 year old daughter

LOL! Love this post. 7 years old, eh? I took my 13 year old to her first concert last fall. Imagine Dragons. Hope you don't bleed from your ears too bad from all the tween screams... Have fun!

Oh, and someday I hope to make the trip to have the iconic photo taken...

No dancing? That's lame.

14126569947_297c0ddfe6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

14126564327_075141bb32.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

14309837851_93abd4eabe.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

14126494589_3e693c036b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

14126482549_1a6708ae43.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

14126604827_5da41d05ee.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

LOL! Love this post. 7 years old, eh? I took my 13 year old to her first concert last fall. Imagine Dragons. Hope you don't bleed from your ears too bad from all the tween screams... Have fun!

Oh, and someday I hope to make the trip to have the iconic photo taken...
thanks, I'll have a couple beers and who knows I might even enjoy it, hope you make it to salford it feels special when you're there, can't wait to get the photo onto canvas

Maybe your dancing was offensive to watch?? :/ We did whatever we wanted at the Memphis show...The venue security didn't allow stage invasions but I was in the front row and also got to see him at The Peabody afterwards soooo I was beyond happy....I wish I could have gone to the Nashville show!...I may go to the atlanta show....if my boyfriend can get past his security grudge from Memphis...Also...I am sick of people on here complaing abt the Meat Is Murder video....It is a Mercy for Animals video called Farm To Fridge and if it bothers you then don't watch...It is the brutal truth and most Moz fans know they will see this sort of footage during MIM...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom