St. Petersburg, FL - The Mahaffey Theater (May 30, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Trouble Loves Me / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

Last edited:
proxy.jpg

Clover Dean Ⓜ️ ‏@MozzeriansATW 1h
"Love unexpected pit tics". #Morrissey at The @MahaffeyTheatre St.Petersburg, Florida May 30, 2014. Photo by c… http://tmblr.co/Z9IUYu1HMftMZ

- - - Updated - - -

Bo7nT95CIAAf2AH.jpg

Sam Vargas ‏@sam___i___am 1h
Yes I did just see the lead singer of The Smiths perform because Morrissey was my eighth grade obsession pic.twitter.com/yS103W5nDp

Attachments

• Bo7nT95CIAAf2AH.jpg
    Bo7nT95CIAAf2AH.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 8
Oh my! So much to say about the show. My hometown Tampa/St. Pete crowd really blew! So embarrassed, but Mozzer was in top form. Took my mom also and she loved it (huh?). Finally home and at my local pub. Video was tough again but should have good pics once sorted. Will send my diatribe tomorrow on the way to Miami. Sucks being me!

Oh my! So much to say about the show. My hometown Tampa/St. Pete crowd really blew! So embarrassed, but Mozzer was in top form. Took my mom also and she loved it (huh?). Finally home and at my local pub. Video was tough again but should have good pics once sorted. Will send my diatribe tomorrow on the way to Miami. Sucks being me!

OMG FDR what did he say and post your awesome pics and kiss your awesome camera. kthx.

This was my 12th venture to see Morrissey. However, this time I brought my 7 yr old daughter! We had a great time! It was a great show. The only real disappointment was that he did not perform 'Asleep'....I was looking forward to that.
My daughter was standing on the chair next to me watching the show, until security came and told me she had to get down. So I had her stand in the aisle right next to me....security arrived again, and said she could not stand there. With this intense security focus on a 7 yr old girl, I would think there would have been better opportunities for stage invaders.....alas, there were none.
I was pleased to see 'How Soon Is Now' as the opening number. Very good choice.
Moz did comment on a sinkhole that was in the local news near Legoland. I was totally prepared to have a chat with my daughter about where chicken mcnuggets come from.....but totally unprepared to reassure her that LegoLand was still safe to go to!!
Again, great show. Lots of friendly people!

This was my 12th venture to see Morrissey. However, this time I brought my 7 yr old daughter! We had a great time! It was a great show. The only real disappointment was that he did not perform 'Asleep'....I was looking forward to that.
My daughter was standing on the chair next to me watching the show, until security came and told me she had to get down. So I had her stand in the aisle right next to me....security arrived again, and said she could not stand there. With this intense security focus on a 7 yr old girl, I would think there would have been better opportunities for stage invaders.....alas, there were none.
I was pleased to see 'How Soon Is Now' as the opening number. Very good choice.
Moz did comment on a sinkhole that was in the local news near Legoland. I was totally prepared to have a chat with my daughter about where chicken mcnuggets come from.....but totally unprepared to reassure her that LegoLand was still safe to go to!!
Again, great show. Lots of friendly people!

He opened with Hand In Glove!!!! LOL

He actually said "to those that listened, thanks. To those that didn't, pthht!' Can you believe that shit?

Last edited:
Hmmm.... slow show. Morrissey sounded GREAT. The band sounded GREAT. Morrissey very chatty. No Nation Front Disco...no Asleep and no everyday is like Sunday..... The best song in my opinion was Trouble Loves Me. Made the night as far as I am concerned. I take it back......Hand in Glove was absolutely GREAT!

Hmmm.... slow show. Morrissey sounded GREAT. The band sounded GREAT. Morrissey very chatty. No Nation Front Disco...no Asleep and no everyday is like Sunday..... The best song in my opinion was Trouble Loves Me. Made the night as far as I am concerned. I take it back......Hand in Glove was absolutely GREAT!

Pathetic memories from yesterweek here...but when he opened with Hand In Glove in LA...it was like the clouds parted and God whispered "HAVE AN AWESOME f***ING NIGHT, LOS ANGELES." Totally not joking.

Ha Ha....yes, Hand In Glove....that's what I meant. C'mon, it's late.....gimme a break!

LOL I know. I think I saw you there. Unless there was another person with a 7 year old daughter!!!!! LOL My hubby and I were standing by the DJ and a guy and a girl with a young girl stood next to us while we had a drink before the show!!!!

Bill Kody

Can't wait to see the pictures and hear more about the show, FDR. By the way, my Mom loves to go to his shows, too! :)

LOL I know. I think I saw you there. Unless there was another person with a 7 year old daughter!!!!! LOL My hubby and I were standing by the DJ and a guy and a girl with a young girl stood next to us while we had a drink before the show!!!!

Bill Kody

Hi Bkody1914. Nice to meet you. Don't know if you're a big fan of Wild Bill Cody, but I'm a HUGE Rosa Bonheur fan so let's assume we have some simpatico going on. What did Morrissey say in between songs? Or in betwixt if you want to get all ol' timey western.

Hand in Glove
Speedway
Ganglord
Certain People I Know
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
The Bullfighter Dies
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Yes, I Am Blind
Trouble Loves Me
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Life Is a Pigsty
Istanbul
To Give (The Reason I Live)
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
Meat Is Murder

First of the gang to die

WOW! Tonight was my 1st Morrissey concert ever, and I loved every second of it. He and the band sounded perfect! Everyone around me was singing every word to every song (except the new ones, but even then some seemed to still know a couple of them). It felt so great to be a part of that. I might try and score some tix for Atlanta for a road trip now...

Ummmm, I know Syria is atrocious and all but how f***ing scary is a sinkhole?

the-most-terrifying-sinkhole-pictures-youve-ever-seen.jpg

Okay, okay...ima gunna go to bed. *hic*

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom