St. Petersburg, FL - The Mahaffey Theater (May 30, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Trouble Loves Me / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs.

Last edited:
He actually said "to those that listened, thanks. To those that didn't, pthht!' Can you believe that shit?

I have to agree with a previous poster. I enjoy Morrissey's music...all the Smith's ...all the solo stuff...well accept for "World Peace"...sorry...not a fan. In any case...this PETA stuff is overblown. It is different "from 21 to 25...and 25 to 29"...but older (middle aged) people really are not going to be swayed....and who was there? Well, I didn't see too many youngings hanging around. My point is this, he has his beliefs, that is fine...but I, as an educated adult, also have mine...and it gets to the point where adults just shut it off. I doubt you will find any 30+ walking out of there and saying "I think I will start not eating meat and dairy products"...adults just don't work that way. SO...please stop....but I know you won't....and I know I will miss you terribly.

Moz and the band sounded great. His voice is really in fine form. This is my second Morrissey show. The first was Melbourne, FL 2007. I clearly need to get the fvck out of Florida for a proper show. I thought the Meat is Murder video was completely apropos. Even the most casual Moz fan should be aware of his in your face politics. I am more concerned that he included Barcelona in the lyrics to Bullfighter. Catalonia banned bullfighting in 2010 and the last was held there 2011.

I doubt you will find any 30+ walking out of there and saying "I think I will start not eating meat and dairy products"...adults just don't work that way.

Really?

What a cynical idea: that people somehow reach a point when they become mentally incapable of adopting new information and making rational decisions based on that information. If that's the case, humans are not very intelligent and we're doomed.

Yes, young people are better at changing their ways. It's usually the new generations that change society. (I'm a teenager, btw.) But I have 2 middle-aged parents who recently went vegetarian for ethical reasons. Don't be so pessimistic.

I have to agree with a previous poster. I enjoy Morrissey's music...all the Smith's ...all the solo stuff...well accept for "World Peace"...sorry...not a fan. In any case...this PETA stuff is overblown. It is different "from 21 to 25...and 25 to 29"...but older (middle aged) people really are not going to be swayed....and who was there? Well, I didn't see too many youngings hanging around. My point is this, he has his beliefs, that is fine...but I, as an educated adult, also have mine...and it gets to the point where adults just shut it off. I doubt you will find any 30+ walking out of there and saying "I think I will start not eating meat and dairy products"...adults just don't work that way. SO...please stop....but I know you won't....and I know I will miss you terribly.

I'm 31 and that video made me become vegan.

I'm 31 and that video made me become vegan.

Ice cream is so good though. :tears: You can't walk your dog to 31 Flavors and buy a scoop of vegan mint chip to sit and eat in the park. Some day I'll switch. Not today.

I was at this football game last fall...not sure who won or who even played...but THE CROWD was soooo amazing...it seemed to make the players play better and a coach I think added an extra play because of the crowd....

Sound dumb?...yeah...read through all your posts you tools...that's exactly what you all sound like...

I was mad at myself for not making my way up on stage. It did not occur to me that I could leave my seat and try to give Moz a hug, but from the sound of it security was on the job if they were preventing a 7 year old from standing in the aisle. Teezy, I think I saw you there too if you were in the orchestra area, a few rows up from me on my left. Anyhow, I have to say that I would never pass up a Morrissey show no matter what, but I liked his Greatest Hits Tour back in 2007 more than this one. He should have made his way back to Orlando. I drove for hours in traffic to see him, but I would do it again. The crowd was pretty lame. When he passed the mic to the crowd, we all should have heard gushing praise, but not so, I don't even know what the concert goer said. He should have gave me the mic. Anyway, I enjoyed the show but it was lacking. It had an ultra depressing finish with the Meat is Murder video playing before the encore. It was a long video, and if I remember correctly, that video was not shown on the Greatest Hits tour. I love a great many of his songs that are not great hits, so while I wouldn't demand how soon is now, I know that it would have energized the crowd a bit. Life is a Pigsty always gets me, and I am glad he did that number, as he did in 2007. There was a song early on and the crowd was not singing it when he tipped the mic toward the audience, so that's probably why he thanked those who listened and pfft to those who did not. I thought the same thing about Maya Angelou before Moz's mentioning of it and I was delighted to know that we think alike in that regard. When I first found out she had passed, it was a tiny little headline toward the bottom of the minor news articles, and then I checked TMZ and it was not even on their site. I was shocked that the death of Maya Angelou was not reported as a bigger news story. She had contributed so much to the literary world and the world in general, and now she is gone. A notable death for sure. The sinkhole is important too. I think it was about a year ago that a sinkhole swallowed a man alive in his own bedroom. So, here in Florida that is big news, even though it should not overshadow the death of an important public figure. In my final analysis, I have to say that it was comforting to see that Morrissey appeared to be in good health, and he performed superbly as did the rest of the band, and I can only hope that it means there will be future shows, preferably in the Orlando area. Obviously, the crowd in St. Pete was pretty lame, but that's not the case in Orlando. Overall, I really can't complain too much. VIVA MOZ FOREVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will again state that the performance was great. And again state how lame the crowd was. Last time he played her the crowd was much better and I am so sad the my hometown did not represent. Considering the show was sold out you would think there would be more enthusiam but instead there were large pockets of empty seats, even at the front where I was. Stage invasions were possible but there were none. I almost attempted just to supplement but I am not as spry as I once was. Did dance and sing my ass off to show the man some love and respect. No surprise that the encore was only one song.
A few months back I asked my mom to go and was shocked when she agreed. Had only found a lower level ticket for her but later found a great lower balcony seat. The ushers were nice and allowed me to check on her frquently. I delivered vodka/cranberry cocktails, and she rarely drinks. Her enthusiasm after the show was great. She liked KY which was nice since she rarely gets any credit. She thought Morrissey's voice was great, thought he was a great performer and appreciated the lyrics and banter. Was so swwet that she bought me a shirt as a thank you.
I sold my mom's original ticket to an old friend I hadn't seen in ages. We agreed to meet at a pub pre-show. While waiting on him I was continuing my search for a Miami ticket. For all of the shows I am attanding, Miami has been the hardest and most expensive to obtain. Was just about to call a guy back and settle for a $220 ticket when my friend walked in and as we talked he said his uncle had extras. Boom! A phone call leter and we were both now going to Miami, and with much cheaper seat, and in the fourth row.
As far as St. Pete, I was in the front a couple of rows back and nobody in my visible sight line was even moving. Nobody was singing. I was behind two tallk guys which blocked my view (you can see their heads in the videos). The was an enormous amount of space between people but difficult to get closer as security was diligent. I do not see how people are so naive to think he's going to play the entire Smiths catalog. These people seemingly attend the shows to impress their girlfriend or just for something to do on a Friday night. My favorite line by Moz tonight was: "For thosed that listened, thank you. For those that didn't, pthht!" A truly sad commentary of some many lame asses.
Was told by many people that lots of people fled the venue during the MIM videos. Those were mostly people there with their children. One person even commented that the show was great until that point. I am concerned about the Miami show becuse I somewhat expect it being full of rich pretentious f***tards.

Will again state that the performance was great. And again state how lame the crowd was. Last time he played her the crowd was much better and I am so sad the my hometown did not represent. Considering the show was sold out you would think there would be more enthusiam but instead there were large pockets of empty seats, even at the front where I was. Stage invasions were possible but there were none. I almost attempted just to supplement but I am not as spry as I once was. Did dance and sing my ass off to show the man some love and respect. No surprise that the encore was only one song.
A few months back I asked my mom to go and was shocked when she agreed. Had only found a lower level ticket for her but later found a great lower balcony seat. The ushers were nice and allowed me to check on her frquently. I delivered vodka/cranberry cocktails, and she rarely drinks. Her enthusiasm after the show was great. She liked KY which was nice since she rarely gets any credit. She thought Morrissey's voice was great, thought he was a great performer and appreciated the lyrics and banter. Was so swwet that she bought me a shirt as a thank you.
I sold my mom's original ticket to an old friend I hadn't seen in ages. We agreed to meet at a pub pre-show. While waiting on him I was continuing my search for a Miami ticket. For all of the shows I am attanding, Miami has been the hardest and most expensive to obtain. Was just about to call a guy back and settle for a $220 ticket when my friend walked in and as we talked he said his uncle had extras. Boom! A phone call leter and we were both now going to Miami, and with much cheaper seat, and in the fourth row.
As far as St. Pete, I was in the front a couple of rows back and nobody in my visible sight line was even moving. Nobody was singing. I was behind two tallk guys which blocked my view (you can see their heads in the videos). The was an enormous amount of space between people but difficult to get closer as security was diligent. I do not see how people are so naive to think he's going to play the entire Smiths catalog. These people seemingly attend the shows to impress their girlfriend or just for something to do on a Friday night. My favorite line by Moz tonight was: "For thosed that listened, thank you. For those that didn't, pthht!" A truly sad commentary of some many lame asses.
Was told by many people that lots of people fled the venue during the MIM videos. Those were mostly people there with their children. One person even commented that the show was great until that point. I am concerned about the Miami show becuse I somewhat expect it being full of rich pretentious f***tards.

Love your enthusiastic and thorough reviews, FDR. They make me even more excited for my upcoming shows in Atlantic City, Hershey, and Wilmington. Your posts are greatly appreciated

lynnda

Great show last night....Morrissey was looking good, healthy and singing as good as ever. Great band. It's interesting that one of the new songs that Morrissey has on the upcoming album is "Neal Cassady Drops Dead"...Neal's best bud and cohort of the beat generation was Jack Kerouac. Jack died just a few miles from the Mahaffey Theater.

My only complaint was the volume of most of the show...especially Kristen Young....What the heck was she singing about? Anybody know? Why is the volume near apocalyptic levels necessary...Is everybody deaf or just stupid? Except for a few loudmouth drunks and the volume.... it was an excellent show.....some cotton was necessary though.

I sat in the first few rows and I found the sound to be great. It was loud, but clear. Kristeen Young and Moz were both fantastic, . I don't get the vitriol towards her on this board. I have been a fan since 2007 when she opened for Moz and I find her to be quite an artist. Moz gets a lot of hate also, so it really means nothing. Anyway, the show was fantastic and I hope he comes around again.

Great show!

Oh my! So much to say about the show. My hometown Tampa/St. Pete crowd really blew! So embarrassed, but Mozzer was in top form. Took my mom also and she loved it (huh?). Finally home and at my local pub. Video was tough again but should have good pics once sorted. Will send my diatribe tomorrow on the way to Miami. Sucks being me!

He said something about st Pete the place where "the rich come to play" lol

QUOTE=ThievesLikeUs;1986839829]Hand in Glove
Speedway
Ganglord
Certain People I Know
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
The Bullfighter Dies
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Yes, I Am Blind
Trouble Loves Me
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Life Is a Pigsty
Istanbul
To Give (The Reason I Live)
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
Meat Is Murder

First of the gang to die[/QUOTE]

Love your enthusiastic and thorough reviews, FDR. They make me even more excited for my upcoming shows in Atlantic City, Hershey, and Wilmington. Your posts are greatly appreciated

lynnda

Very nice of you. Pics and vid are up for Miami. will write something for it soon. See you in AC.

Very nice of you. Pics and vid are up for Miami. will write something for it soon. See you in AC.

FDR how many more are you going to?

He said something about st Pete the place where "the rich come to play" lol

QUOTE=ThievesLikeUs;1986839829]Hand in Glove
Speedway
Ganglord

The Bullfighter Dies
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Yes, I Am Blind
Trouble Loves Me
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Life Is a Pigsty
Istanbul
To Give (The Reason I Live)
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
Meat Is Murder

First of the gang to die
[/QUOTE]

He said 'where the stars come to play' because of the venues stupid slogan.

I sat in the first few rows and I found the sound to be great. It was loud, but clear. Kristeen Young and Moz were both fantastic, . I don't get the vitriol towards her on this board. I have been a fan since 2007 when she opened for Moz and I find her to be quite an artist. Moz gets a lot of hate also, so it really means nothing. Anyway, the show was fantastic and I hope he comes around again.

Kristen Young is a very attractive performer and she obviously possesses a remarkable voice....but the volume was ridiculous. I've been going to shows since the days of Hendrix and Janis and they were not this loud. Why is that necessary?
I could barely understand a word she sang.

Morrissey was almost too loud.....I don't get it. I still enjoyed the show....but that's probably it for me.

Ice cream is so good though. :tears: You can't walk your dog to 31 Flavors and buy a scoop of vegan mint chip to sit and eat in the park. Some day I'll switch. Not today.

Too fattening anyways. Now that I know about how dairy is produced I have no desire to eat it. Vegan Ice cream is just as good.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom