St Petersburg cancelled? Nope, gigs are on!!

Re: St Petersburg cancelled

Just saw mainpage.

Possibly poor ticket sales is the reason.
Morrissey seems to have small numbers of fans in Russia. :(

Oh dear... What a misfortune to the evidently few fans living there, the people travelling there and the whole band + support. They've all gone there for nothing. Hopefully Moscow is still alright.

Edit: I see the reason for cancelling now! Only two people are planning to attend according to Facebook ;) Arf!

Last edited:

well boz has just posted on his facebook that he arrived safely and seemed in good spirit, and moz has been sounding well on the last couple of dates apparently, so probably poor ticket sales

Re: St Petersburg cancelled...

Nice one. £500 down the pan.

Whalley Range (Pissed off in Russia)

Re: St Petersburg cancelled...

I just talked to a friend who are working in Light Music, the promoter's company, and the gig is NOT cancelled!!! right now they are installing speakers and preparing to the soundcheck!

Just saw mainpage.

Possibly poor ticket sales is the reason.
Morrissey seems to have small numbers of fans in Russia. :(

Kewpie, apparently it's not true, there's thousands Moz-fans in Russia, and most of them are going to attend both gigs here. They just don't bother to come to this site because they got their own in russian. Also russians got vkontakte instead of twitter, and the number of people who are going to the St.Petersburg concert are over 1200 :guitar:

Re: St Petersburg

Kewpie, apparently it's not true, there's thousands Moz-fans in Russia, and most of them are going to attend both gigs here. They just don't bother to come to this site because they got their own in russian. Also russians got vkontakte instead of twitter, and the number of people who are going to the St.Petersburg concert are over 1200 :guitar:

Thanks hool'.

Really annoyed with a hoaxer John Rosberg who sent a wrong info. :mad:

Hope Morrissey will give great shows in Russia.

What a relief!

hope mhicks reads this, and doesnt sack it off

would love to know the link...i know someone who speaks russian;-)

hope mhicks didnt rip his concert ticket out of anger or purs dowen drinks somewhere...whoever sends the hoax to the site is a total:censored:

Re: St Petersburg cancelled? Gigs are on!!

It looks like the last time MHicks checked solo was after the retraction was posted so fingers crossed he went to the show and wasn't detered by the misinformation.

ah he saw it

True.. (Score:2, Informative)
I am in St Petewrsburg and have just spoken with Gene who works for the promoters. The show IS ON tonight as planned.
Whalley Range -- Monday June 29 2009, @04:28AM (#335240)

hey there... i'm travelled from london via helsinki to this show and luckily was also in contact with gene from promotion who confirmed gig was going ahead...

here's the setlist:

charman
budd
cloud
hsin?
irish
ask
paris
how can?
why don't you f?
bores
coma
lemmy ky
grills is bigger
pigsty
one day good
sorry doesn't
carolo
loop
i'm ok

enc: first

had a great time at gig - crowd was well into in - morrissey was pretty moved by reaction from crowd - he got given a russian flag with his face and some writing on it which he picked up during encore and stuck in his back pocket!

Yes Modrevolve i made it! I checked my email the day of the show after I assumed it was off and had an email confirming it was in fact on!
By the way it was me who you got the bowery Ballroom ticket for in New york, this tour has taken me from The States to Russia!

Ohhhhh snap!!!

itsmorrissey Pay no attention to unofficial web source rumors. St. Petersburg, Russia show, just ended and was spectacular.

Ohhhhh snap!!!

This site is a dubious source of information, and that's official. This from Morrissey on Facebook...

"Contrary to reports from dubious web-based sources, Morrissey's St. Petersberg show went ahead as scheduled and was spectacular.

Please ignore any rumours about show cancellations unless they are verified on Morrissey's official website, MySpace, Facebook or Twitter."

Peter

Back
Top Bottom