"St. Even" - Kristeen Young posted Morrissey inspired song lyrics

45171_st_even.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will ya folks stop calling these printed words ‘lyrics’ or even poetry... I don’t know what the hell we could call them.

Scatterbrained drivel?

A cry for attention ?

As i read it the first paragraph is about Morrissey and she confides in April who says he’s horrible and a liar or whatever. So she turns to April for solace because it’s like April is on her side and for once she’s listening to her story.

Then the second paragraph she sets up that she’s had a shitty womanhood and has been raped and experienced some shitty stuff and so a woman (I’m assuming April?) asks her to join a women's march for equality or whatever and she turns her down with a f*** you (middle finger) because April has also turned on her, like maybe she’s back wearing Morrissey shirts again totally forgetting the story of betrayal Kristeen took a RISK telling her in the first place. She’s the same.

I have no idea what perdu is.

So she closes the song going back to talking about Steven and getting even. Maybe she’s going to cut deeper with more intel like lava or something to right what she feels in’s an incredible and ignored wrong that he is somehow central to. Or maybe she’s trying to sneak a song jab in so he can retaliate and put a hate song about her on his new album so she can get some free press but this seems more real than that. She’s pretty scary i like watching her.

It seems to me that it's more of a comment on what Morrissey said to Spiegel and how she can no longer support him . Let's see:

"The more people talk, the less I want to" - expressing general disappointment in things being said, almost like a second-hand embarrassement.

"Oh and how they talk about you now" - referring to all the shade the media has been throwing on Moz, and how everyone, even people who can't name a single song of his, have an opinion about him (not necessarily justified or based on anything).

"April, etc " not sure who that is, it is is obviously saying that Moz had lied and some of his opinions seem cruel (alleged rape victim blaming)

"they want their childhoods back alive" - I think maybe it's referring to the story about the molested 14 year old? If Moz was allegedly victim blaming the kid and his parents, rather than Kevin Spacey, the victim would obviously feel that their life has been worth nothing, they deserved the rape and they would never overcome the trauma and look back on their past without disdain.

"You are the same as everyone.., and I'm hollow from it all" - a feminist stance on Moz allegedly being sexist and general misoginy and how dead inside she feels from hearing all the biased opinions.

"Embrace the best and leave the rest to death.." - I feel like she is talking about "disowning" Moz as a fan, like so many others claimed to have done. She will cherish the his old persona (Smiths, i guess) and what the songs gave her, but she will not follow him anymore and leave him to all his recent shenanigans. Basically, she will not let the current Moz taint the rose tinted memory of old Moz.

Second verse, the first 10 lines - I think she is talking how close the Weinstein/Spacey stories hit to home for her. She says she had been previously raped and it is hard to overcome, but the physical trauma of rape is not that bad compared to what comes next - judging, name-calling, victim blaming, lack of u derstanding and support even from fellow women (who metaphorically showed her the middle finger instead of helping).

"I can't march with you" - she will no longer follow Morrissey. Perhaps also a bit of a cheeky take on his supposed right wing comments. March as in English Defence League Marches that so many people here been joking(?) about.

"You are the same people who were perdu" - i think this refers to the Weinstein/Spacey crimes being hidden by fear and silence and suddenly coming into light (perdu no longer). And Moz victim blaming rather than rapist blaming makes him just as bad.

"Steven Im getting even, etc" - her talking about how eventually a victim can overcome the trauma and learn to live her life again, with her happiness being almost an act of revenge. Note how it the turns into "WE'RE getting even", which signifies the solidarity of women, feminists, victims, in exposing the past crimes and supporting each other to get that overdue justice.

So, this is my interpretation of the lyrics. To note - i have practically no knowledge of KY and whether she was raped or not. I do suppport and love Moz (despite not necesarrily agreeing with some of his statements) and I do not actually think he is sexist, mysoginist, pro rape, racist etc. Maybe just a bit of a gobshite at times, to his own disadvantage (cue the Bigmouth strikes again jokes).

Wait I gotta edit my thought about April betraying her in the second paragraph because she tagged her in the post so they're probably friends. I was basing it on the fact she wrote she could count the number of friends who stood by her to one middle finger.

As i read it the first paragraph is about Morrissey and she confides in April who says he’s horrible and a liar or whatever. So she turns to April for solace because it’s like April is on her side and for once she’s listening to her story.

Then the second paragraph she sets up that she’s had a shitty womanhood and has been raped and experienced some shitty stuff and so a woman (I’m assuming April?) asks her to join a women's march for equality or whatever and she turns her down with a f*** you (middle finger) because April has also turned on her, like maybe she’s back wearing Morrissey shirts again totally forgetting the story of betrayal Kristeen took a RISK telling her in the first place. She’s the same.

So she closes the song going back to talking about Steven and getting even. Maybe she’s going to cut deeper with more intel like lava or something to right what she feels in’s an incredible and ignored wrong that he is somehow central to. Or maybe she’s trying to sneak a song jab in so he can retaliate and put a hate song about her on his new album so she can get some free press but this seems more real than that. She’s pretty scary i like watching her.

So...now she's implying he raped her? Interesting how that never was an issue when she was using him to get a bigger audience.

But I guess when that didn't work out, well....it's the same old song.

No she’s not saying she got raped by Morrissey she’s implying the sex she got from when she was raped by someone else was better then the sex she had with Morrissey. Not that hard to read into people. Morrissey should change to song of I spent the day in bad To I’m just bad in bed.

I think I'd have gone with 'lost'.
It makes sense to me in the me too context. Basically, "Where were you when it wasn't fashionable to come forward, and when I needed a friend?"

Last edited:

I enjoyed your analysis. I refuse to read the lyrics but now you almost made me almost want to. Almost.
I don't know how she ever recovered from your previous takedown on how she's a dirty liar about her age. "Epic" is/was way overused but that was truly epic.
perdu (not comparable). Hidden; lost to view. Lost (from a soldier given a mission he is not expected to return from)

Well, if Kiss Me A Lot and Who Will Protect Us From The Police, to name just only two, qualify...

What are you talking about? Are you an idiot?

I was talking about the thread topic of KY and her posted ‘lyrics’.

I just hope Morrissey doesn't pay any attention to the posts of this person. If he actually ever had feelings for her (friendship or whatever) this could harm him since he is a very sensitive person.
He doesn't need her to be relevant. But it seems she needs him to be listened, as it happened before. She could write a song without naming Morrissey but instead she uses his name. Weird. And even more weird is the veiled threat about "talking". If you have something to say, say it or otherwise shut your mouth. Extortion is a crime. I was going to say she is a bitch, but decided not to say it. She is not perdida, she is podrida.

What are you talking about? Are you an idiot?

I was talking about the thread topic of KY and her posted ‘lyrics’.

You wrote that her stuff wasn't good enough to be called "lyrics" -- and I just pointed out that many of Morrissey's recent words aren't really worthy of that word either. Simple as that and pretty easy to understand.

You wrote that her stuff wasn't good enough to be called "lyrics" -- and I just pointed out that many of Morrissey's recent words aren't really worthy of that word either. Simple as that and pretty easy to understand.

Then maybe you should start a new thread, since Morrissey’s lyrics are not the topic of this thread.

You’re such a hater.

I just hope Morrissey doesn't pay any attention to the posts of this person. If he actually ever had feelings for her (friendship or whatever) this could harm him since he is a very sensitive person.
He doesn't need her to be relevant. But it seems she needs him to be listened, as it happened before. She could write a song without naming Morrissey but instead she uses his name. Weird. And even more weird is the veiled threat about "talking". If you have something to say, say it or otherwise shut your mouth. Extortion is a crime. I was going to say she is a bitch, but decided not to say it. She is not perdida, she is podrida.

Would be nothing new for him. Trusting people
who then screw you over.

‘FOUND FOUND FOUND’

These days i feel like a bit of a dick for doing it. In light of the metoo movement who knows what kind of lies she has been forced to tap dance around. I always got the sense that she was protecting something but now i wonder if she hasn’t been forced to keep secrets in order so men with more than she’ll ever have can ascend ranks without a scrape. Once i found that lie i just exposed it but it didn’t really matter other than to bring her a type of shame when at the time she should’ve been at least celebrating the vane accomplishment she can pull off 40 at 50.
I enjoyed your analysis. I refuse to read the lyrics but now you almost made me almost want to. Almost.
I don't know how she ever recovered from your previous takedown on how she's a dirty liar about her age. "Epic" is/was way overused but that was truly epic.
perdu (not comparable). Hidden; lost to view. Lost (from a soldier given a mission he is not expected to return from)

I think most women these days feel raped by life and confuse it with being raped by men. Women are fragile emotional beings running on a hormone known to cause confusion meaning they are useless at reading maps.
These are scientific facts that younger generations deny cause they cannot handle someone older knowing more than they do and coming up with things they can only dream of.
A woman scorned will never get over it but will try with all her might to seek revenge in one way or the other. The burden of evidence is always on the mans side as women can just claim something and set the ball rolling. There is a black widow in every woman just as there is a Marquis de Sade in every man. How on earth could men and women get along for so long and keep this world going and isn't it time that stopped and we realised this project on earth is not a particular good one?
I am all for a man made apocalypse where we just sit it out and watch the last person die without any woman ever giving birth again.
Maybe it is time women grew up and stopped sobbing and moaning and blaming failure on men and Kristeen should probably savour the times she had with an icon. If it was the other way around the man would have taken inspiration from it and written some classics but it seems women like Kristeen will only use it to bitch about it with her best mates.
And they wonder why men hate women!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom