"St. Even" - Kristeen Young posted Morrissey inspired song lyrics

45171_st_even.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the subject of the song is obviously Morrissey-related, but the second verse where she mentions a rape doesn't imply that it was Morrissey who raped her. Any bird brain could have figured that out. She seems to be referencing something shitty and traumatic that happened to her, much in the same way that her relationship with M turned out. I don't really get the April Richardson part though? Are they tight? I never knew April well, but it's common knowledge that she publicly "broke up" with Morrissey a while back because, like so many other people, she didn't think all of the vile shit he was saying was acceptable. Swingers is a coffee shop/diner in Los Angeles, and someplace I can see both of them hanging out at, but I don't get the gesticulating reference? I do remember April posting something on Facebook a few years ago where she had been performing at the Laugh Factory or Comedy Club or one of those types of places in Hollywood and Morrissey and Jesse were there that same night, possibly to see someone else. Apparently she claimed Jesse started screaming at her when he saw her, about what I can't recall, but she seemed pretty shaken up about the whole thing. Anyways, this whole story is very weird, and very interesting... It will be interesting to see if Moz responds at all, but I doubt it. Maybe he should also do a 'diss track?'

Maybe jesse will respond on social media although I'd say they're best to ignore her. Her lyrics seem too convoluted to know which trauma she's attributing to whom.
It's bad enough reading them, I don't want to hear her "sing" them.

She's not really in the position to lecture someone about "mouthing off" because it's pretty much her own favorite thing to do. The only difference is that she isn't famous enough to cause uproar.

Right. She's comparing the past to her experience with Morrissey. She's ranking him in her collection of sexual experiences. Otherwise, what's the point of saying she never had a bad sexual experience? If that's all there was to it then it'd be a happy song, not a revenge song.

#EveryIstAndIsmThrownHisWay

Oh OK so when her lyrics to "St. Even" explicitly read "never had a bad sexual experience / even the rape wasn't really that bad" to you that means "her sexual experience with him was bad" and that there's no implication of rape.

Um, OK. We reading the same song lyrics?

These lyrics are horrible. What do you call them? Revenge lyrics? This song will not help her career.

As a side note: The lyrics seem to be written by an 8th grader.

Right. She's comparing the past to her experience with Morrissey. She's ranking him in her collection of sexual experiences. Otherwise, what's the point of saying she never had a bad sexual experience? If that's all there was to it then it'd be a happy song, not a revenge song.

#EveryIstAndIsmThrownHisWay

Only the line is followed up by “but I’ve been held down by so many other guns”...this implies the previous statement was in relation to the song’s subject.

What does she benefit by posting these ‘lyrics’?

Maybe so she could read this thread hoping someone will explain to her what they mean or hopefully give them a meaning.

She’s definitely in need of some guidance.

Anyhoo ...

:sleeping:

She must mean the rape is metaphorical for her career. She has no career to pillage! I saw her with Moz in St. Louis and nobody knew her in her hometown. She is the most untalented/undeserving person I have ever seen get so many breaks in the music business. Seems like a nice girl. I guess now is the time to turn the tables and rape Morrissey's career? Sounds all a little hypocritical.

She must mean the rape is metaphorical for her career. She has no career to pillage! I saw her with Moz in St. Louis and nobody knew her in her hometown. She is the most untalented/undeserving person I have ever seen get so many breaks in the music business. Seems like a nice girl. I guess now is the time to turn the tables and rape Morrissey's career? Sounds all a little hypocritical.

She's not untalented by a long shot. It's just not OK to say or even cryptically imply that somebody raped you when that same somebody, during the same time period, attempted to help you and your career for years and you were fine with it and didn't say a thing about "rape."

She's not untalented by a long shot. It's just not OK to say or even cryptically imply that somebody raped you when that same somebody, during the same time period, attempted to help you and your career for years and you were fine with it and didn't say a thing about "rape."

Yes, but you are thinking logically. Not everyone does..... Miss Young could have fantasies about her talent and easily think, egomaniacally, that she is the true talent. I stick by my comments about her. Who do you know that has played with the likes of Morrissey and Bowie and others..... that you have NEVER heard of? She had multiple tours with a very impressionable audience and could not scratch up an audience! Everyone I knew did not like her music. It always seemed she was trying too hard.

It doesn't sound to me like she's accusing Morrissey of rape either literally or metaphorically. it does sound to me like throwing in the bit about rape is a cheap and transparent ploy for attention, though. it's like she's saying "im not hear to talk about being raped, oh but by the way, I was raped".

For one he has met several women unlike you so the only plus point for you is the fact you never dealt with any women so the chances of you raping a woman is zero but then again we haven't questioned your mother.
Jesse, shgouldn't you be practicing?

Here comes the Morrissey cyber security team to tell us what a crazy, talentless, stupid bitch Kristeen is for using metaphor in a song, and speaking negatively about their cherished leader (peace be upon him).

Morrissey can blame a fourteen year old for getting sexually attacked, but that's all just a misunderstanding.

He can film a video glorifying skinheads, use their images in his concerts, rail about immigrants, and he's just being provocative. My how the standards shift when one's own affections are being challenged.

So...now she's implying he raped her? Interesting how that never was an issue when she was using him to get a bigger audience.

But I guess when that didn't work out, well....it's the same old song.

Where in this lyric does she imply that she was raped by Morrissey? Answer: nowhere.

Whether you like KY, or not, please do not put such words in her mouth.

Where in this lyric does she imply that she was raped by Morrissey? Answer: nowhere.

Whether you like KY, or not, please do not put such words in her mouth.
It doesn't. Or rather, I'm certain she wasn't. But she's sandwiched that controversial verse in between two others which appear to be about him to allow people to think it. She might not have benefited musically from him, but she certainly learned all about trolling from the master.

Last edited:
It doesn't. Or rather, I'm certain she wasn't. But she's sandwiched that controversial verse in between two others which appear to be about him to allow people to think it. She might not have benefited musically from him, but she certainly learned all about trolling from the master.

Has she or have you, and others,
thunk it? I get no sense of this association at all from the lyrics. The lyrics make absolutely no reference to what is being alleged. It's shameful to make this leap when the evidence (the lyrics) do not support the allegation.

Has she or have you, and others,
thunk it? I get no sense of this association at all from the lyrics. The lyrics make absolutely no reference to what is being alleged. It's shameful to make this leap when the evidence (the lyrics) do not support the allegation.
Fleetingly, yes, of course. It would be odd not to, given the context, the apparent target of the lyrics and the sudden jarring appearance of the word 'rape'. Ponderingly it more deeply (or as deeply as this drivel will allow), logic says this cannot be the meaning. But you can't toss words around like that for dramatic effect and then not expect people to ask questions.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom