"St. Even" - Kristeen Young posted Morrissey inspired song lyrics

45171_st_even.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is it about Morrissey?

The usual passive aggressive nonsense from the woman who had been in his life. Why cant woman be like this..

Where is it about Morrissey?
Well, it is called St. Even (Steven). The 'Saint' business seems quite loaded, given his messianic status with his fans.

The last verse is all about 'Steven (I'm) getting even' - which, as the o/p says, cropped up as a tour name some time back (I actually thought it was touted as an album name, but no matter) - and that she's 'over it'. And the first verse mentions somebody getting a lot of attention for gobbing off (eg der Spiegel), and how they're cruel and they lie.

Obviously just speculation, but that seems fairly pointed to me.

She references April Richardson in the song which is even more creepy. I guess it suits in a way, the are equally annoying.

During the whole "World Peace" debacle, wasnt Moz secretly naming his tour "Steven Gets Even" World Tour, im sure there's reference to that on this site. Too lazy to find it again.

It was a hoax.

Plus in her last album theres a song ("Nice" I think) where she mentions Moz, Grohl, and Louis CK in three separate verses.

It was Morrissey, Louis CK, and Amanda Palmer.

The last verse is all about 'Steven (I'm) getting even' - which, as the o/p says, cropped up as a tour name some time back (I actually thought it was touted as an album name, but no matter) - and that she's 'over it'.

Cropped up as a hoax tour name.

It was a hoax.

It was Morrissey, Louis CK, and Amanda Palmer.

Cropped up as a hoax tour name.
Ah, that'd be it. Even so, it does look like she's pointing her witchy finger at him. Although I'm not sure why I'm bothering to give such dire lyrics this much attention - I'd put them on a par with Sandy Shaw's 'tribute'.

I don’t like to think badly of him but one of my first thoughts upon seeing the title was St Even(now.)

I'm more of a chimney guy than a backdoor man.

And the benefit of Morrissey's humasexualness means never having to say he's sorry...for wherever he puts whatever.

I’d guess that Morrissey is at least partly an influence on the song, at least the first verse. And April Richardson is one of those super Moz fans who’s since fallen out with him bc of the last year’s comments.

So, the subject of the song is obviously Morrissey-related, but the second verse where she mentions a rape doesn't imply that it was Morrissey who raped her. Any bird brain could have figured that out. She seems to be referencing something shitty and traumatic that happened to her, much in the same way that her relationship with M turned out. I don't really get the April Richardson part though? Are they tight? I never knew April well, but it's common knowledge that she publicly "broke up" with Morrissey a while back because, like so many other people, she didn't think all of the vile shit he was saying was acceptable. Swingers is a coffee shop/diner in Los Angeles, and someplace I can see both of them hanging out at, but I don't get the gesticulating reference? I do remember April posting something on Facebook a few years ago where she had been performing at the Laugh Factory or Comedy Club or one of those types of places in Hollywood and Morrissey and Jesse were there that same night, possibly to see someone else. Apparently she claimed Jesse started screaming at her when he saw her, about what I can't recall, but she seemed pretty shaken up about the whole thing. Anyways, this whole story is very weird, and very interesting... It will be interesting to see if Moz responds at all, but I doubt it. Maybe he should also do a 'diss track?'

Maybe she's talking about 'ear-rape', after being forced to listen to Jesse's shitty guitar playing every night of the tour? :confused:

No one seems to mention the irony here. She's writing a song about how Morrissey keeps saying stuff in the media that is making people renounce their fandom and hate him. In this very song she has a line "even the rape wasn't that bad", which is the exact kind of line ("DOWNPLAYING THE TRAUMA OF RAPE?!!?") that would get Morrissey in trouble and have everyone outraged and renouncing their fandom and hate him. The point is that if you want to be a provocative artist, sometimes you'll say things that may offend people. And she's doing that and the same thing could happen to her.

My reading of the lyrics does not lead me to conclude she is suggesting he raped her. It sounds like she is saying that her sexual experience with him was bad and that her standards are low because she was once raped and it wasn't bad. But it's not really clear.

She also mentioned her friend April, a pod-caster and former Morrissey fan who is planning on marrying Martin Rossiter (someone who also talks poop about the awesome Morrissey!) My conclusion: it's a jealousy thing.

#GoVegan

Well, I don't know about all that. I corresponded with her briefly quite awhile ago when she was promoting The Orphans and then eventually its follow up and we became marginally friendly during that time but I never heard anything about childhood horror stories involving a dog. But I mean we weren't that close or anything so who knows; it's not like she ever told me anything pretty personal or clandestine about herself or whatever. She just made it clear she didn't like her parents but any scan of a lyric sheet could reveal that. But if she goes around telling randos that a dog peed on her in bondage as a kid at her parents' behest I have a feeling it would have come up in conversation between us at some point but it never did.

All I'm saying is that it's shitty for her to say or even imply somebody raped her when during the time the rape supposedly happened, she didn't say a word, and in fact kissed his ass publicly at every opportunity. And why? Well, probably because it never even happened. But if it did, then her silence at the time was clearly because of the greater contextual environment between her and her so-called attacker being conducive to the chance of personal gain on her part, i.e. the exposure his tours offered her. But then what, that fizzled out, so now he's a rapist because she's still not famous?

That's real classy.

Then again there is that rapey line in It's Not Your Birthday Anymore....

When trust-fund April travels, Kristeen stays at her apartment. But now April is moving to England to be with Rossiter.

#MeatIsMurder

So, the subject of the song is obviously Morrissey-related, but the second verse where she mentions a rape doesn't imply that it was Morrissey who raped her. Any bird brain could have figured that out. She seems to be referencing something shitty and traumatic that happened to her, much in the same way that her relationship with M turned out. I don't really get the April Richardson part though? Are they tight? I never knew April well, but it's common knowledge that she publicly "broke up" with Morrissey a while back because, like so many other people, she didn't think all of the vile shit he was saying was acceptable. Swingers is a coffee shop/diner in Los Angeles, and someplace I can see both of them hanging out at, but I don't get the gesticulating reference? I do remember April posting something on Facebook a few years ago where she had been performing at the Laugh Factory or Comedy Club or one of those types of places in Hollywood and Morrissey and Jesse were there that same night, possibly to see someone else. Apparently she claimed Jesse started screaming at her when he saw her, about what I can't recall, but she seemed pretty shaken up about the whole thing. Anyways, this whole story is very weird, and very interesting... It will be interesting to see if Moz responds at all, but I doubt it. Maybe he should also do a 'diss track?'

Maybe she didn't like his comments about some of the Harvey Weinstein accusers who might have been disappointed because they didn't get the result they expected from the encounter. Or his words to that effect.
"the noise you're making with your mouth"
A little close to home perhaps?
"Steven, we're getting even"
Is she including him or is she talking about someone else?
She herself seems to be talking about these women in "I can't march with you" #metoo movement?
Or maybe not, who knows.

The usual passive aggressive nonsense from the woman who had been in his life. Why cant woman be like this..

Oh, I like flowers too. Love them.

This song seems to be a rite of passage from youth to adulthood. Some people mature later, that's all. Letting go is just one more of many tests you have to approve to be considered a grown up.

For some other people being a troll in this forum is part of the same process. Life is and endless series of goodbyes, let's not transform it into one single endless goodbye.

My reading of the lyrics does not lead me to conclude she is suggesting he raped her. It sounds like she is saying that her sexual experience with him was bad and that her standards are low because she was once raped and it wasn't bad. But it's not really clear.

She also mentioned her friend April, a pod-caster and former Morrissey fan who is planning on marrying Martin Rossiter (someone who also talks poop about the awesome Morrissey!) My conclusion: it's a jealousy thing.

#GoVegan

Oh OK so when her lyrics to "St. Even" explicitly read "never had a bad sexual experience / even the rape wasn't really that bad" to you that means "her sexual experience with him was bad" and that there's no implication of rape.

Um, OK. We reading the same song lyrics?

Last edited:
Oh OK so when her lyrics to "St. Even" explicitly reads "never had a bad sexual experience / even the rape wasn't really that bad" to you that means "her sexual experience with him was bad" and that there's no implication of rape.

Um, OK. We reading the same song lyrics?

Right, if the “rape” wasn’t meant to pertain to Morrissey, then what exactly is the point of the song? Getting even how? By writing a song that just says you’re getting even repeatedly with no reveal of anything?

Right, if the “rape” wasn’t meant to pertain to Morrissey, then what exactly is the point of the song? Getting even how? By writing a song that just says you’re getting even repeatedly with no reveal of anything?

She's got a lot to get off her chest after that rape. The world MUST know the truth; that the guy she wrote an entire album's worth of love songs to/about (when he was still helping foster her career, or at least when communication was still open between them between their two periods of touring together) ACTUALLY, it turns out, raped her. Of course, this isn't disclosed until the 3rd wave feminist shitheads have paved the way with their David vs. Goliath, down-with-the-patriarchy politically correct bullshit ala Andrea Cumstain/Cosby, etc...so now she feels "safe" telling the truth.

Who knew.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom