Springwatch Chris Packham The Smiths references

Does any one know if you can burn the programme onto a DVD disc after you have downloaded it via iPlayer. It does say that you can only watch it for seven days after the download so I guess there is some kind of encryption to stop people recording it. I could simple try it, but I have very slow broadband (not my fault) and I gave up after it said it was gonna take over 5 hours to download :-(

I've tried it for something in the past without success.

Only just got round to watching the last Springwatch and loved every minute of it. I'm really going to miss it :( These are the titles I've gleaned from watching and from this thread:

Hand In Glove
What Difference Does It Make
Handsome Devil
Frankly Mr Shankly
You Just Havn't Earned It Yet
Vicar In A Tutu
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Queen Is Dead
Stop Me If You Think
Still Ill
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
Oscillate Wildly
Last Night I Dreamt
This Charming Man
That Joke Isn't Funny
Well I Wonder
Nowhere Fast
Cemetery Gates
Please Please Please Let Me Get
Unloveable
Sheila Take A Bow
I Know Its Over
Ask
Asleep
Some 'Gulls' Are Bigger Than Others
Paint A Vulgar Picture
William It Was Really Nothing
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
These Things Take Time
Headmaster Ritual
London
Is It Really So Strange
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

Girlfriend In A Coma = Kate

PHEW:eek::eek: I make it 33 for Chris and 1 for Kate. Any others I've missed???

Last edited:
Only just got round to watching the last Springwatch and loved every minute of it. I'm really going to miss it :( These are the titles I've gleaned from watching and from this thread:

Hand In Glove
What Difference Does It Make
Handsome Devil
Frankly Mr Shankly
You Just Havn't Earned It Yet
Vicar In A Tutu
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Queen Is Dead
Stop Me If You Think
Still Ill
Sweet And Tender Hooligan
Oscillate Wildly
Last Night I Dreamt
This Charming Man
That Joke Isn't Funny
Well I Wonder
Nowhere Fast
Cemetery Gates
Please Please Please Let Me Get
Unloveable
Sheila Take A Bow
I Know Its Over
Ask
Asleep
Some 'Gulls' Are Bigger Than Others
Paint A Vulgar Picture
William It Was Really Nothing
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
These Things Take Time
Headmaster Ritual
Is It Really So Strange
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

Girlfriend In A Coma = Kate

PHEW:eek::eek: I make it 32 for Chris and 1 for Kate. Any others I've missed???

Yep, think that's the same as mine (based on and edited from a BBC post) with the exception of "Some Gulls". He also said "Fantastic Bird" on Wednesday's show, but not Smiths so suppose it doesn't count. I'm now missing the fun of it all:(
1) Hand In Glove
2) What Difference Does It Make
3) Handsome Devil
4) Frankly Mr Shankly
5) You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby
6) Vicar In A Tutu
7) Bigmouth Strikes Again
8) The Queen Is Dead
9) Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before
10) 5 Titles: Still Ill, Sweet And Tender Hooligan, Oscillate Wildly, Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me, This Charming Man.
11) 9 Titles: Ask, Well I wonder, Asleep, Cemetery gates, Nowhere Fast, Please Please Please Let Me Get What I want, Unlovable, Sheila Take A Bow, I Know its Over
12) 9 Titles: William it was really nothing, I started something I couldn’t finish, Paint a vulgar picture, These things take time, Headmaster ritual, Is it really so strange, Girlfriend in a Coma (by Kate), Some girls are bigger than others and That joke isn’t funny anymore (by Martin in Unsprung)

I've deluged the Beeb with emails about having him back in the Autumn.:guitar:

He's funny and clever and The Smiths stuff was genius.:D

I used to watch Chris on the 'Really Wild Show' - or 'Weally Wild Show' as he would say:thumb:
He always reminded me of Billy Idol with his bleached blonde spikey hair!:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I used to watch Chris on the 'Really Wild Show' - or 'Weally Wild Show' as he would say:thumb:
He always reminded me of Billy Idol with his bleached blonde spikey hair!:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Yes I watched it too!Brings back memories.

BREAKING NEWS ! ! ! Chris Packham's flogging the ORIGINAL Smiths song tiltles cue cards he used on SPRINGWATCH on E B A Y ! ! ! If I were you I'd get bidding yesterday coz after all the press coverage these are gonna fly out as quick as a peregrine falcon (see - I did learn something from the SW series!). Here is the link ya need: http://www.chrispackham.co.uk/Smithswatch_09.htm

Happy bidding but you'll have to beat me to it!

Charlie

BREAKING NEWS ! ! ! Chris Packham's flogging the ORIGINAL Smiths song tiltles cue cards he used on SPRINGWATCH on E B A Y ! ! ! If I were you I'd get bidding yesterday coz after all the press coverage these are gonna fly out as quick as a peregrine falcon (see - I did learn something from the SW series!). Here is the link ya need: http://www.chrispackham.co.uk/Smithswatch_09.htm

Happy bidding but you'll have to beat me to it!

Charlie

I think I'll have a go at those. Nice to hear the tale from the chap himself, with the comprehensive list.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom