Springsteen plays Morrissey on his SiriusXM radio show - April 8th

Bruce Springsteen had a 90 minute guest DJ slot on SiriusXM today, during which he paid tribute to John Prine (RIP), played a bunch of songs by people like Dylan, Roy Orbison, Bon Jovi - and also "Everyday is Like Sunday" by Morrissey. About which Springsteen said:

“Everybody’s wakin’ up these days with that feeling that it’s Groundhog Day. Every day is like the other day. And that’s like the other day. And that’s like the other day. I get up. I exercise. I exercise some more. I go downstairs. I eat breakfast. I eat breakfast again. Then I sit in front of the fire and I read a little bit. If we’re lucky, we get outside, get around the farm a little bit, Patti and I. And then we get to have dinner. And then we have some more dinner. And then we watch the news. It’s all bad. And we got to bed. And then we get up and we do it again. Looking for a little light at the end of the tunnel.”

Bruce Springsteen is one of the greatest gifts to music and, really, humanity there is. He is pure hope, strength, solace and heart. Stay home, Bruce. We need you for a few more decades.

"Looking for a little light at the end of the tunnel.”...then he should also have played TIALTNGO, surely?

BRUUUUUUCE !!!!

:thumb:

I reckon it would of been top mental if The California Son and the New Jersey Son would of
done a duet of "Born in the USA" m8 c*** tit twat tossey chipper curry inn nn nnnn nnnn nnn nn n nn n n it.

I reckon it would of been top mental if The California Son and the New Jersey Son would of
done a duet of "Born in the USA" m8 c*** tit twat tossey chipper curry inn nn nnnn nnnn nnn nn n nn n n it.

But wasn’t Bruce born in Manchester ?

;)

Bruce Springsteen had a 90 minute guest DJ slot on SiriusXM today, during which he paid tribute to John Prine (RIP), played a bunch of songs by people like Dylan, Roy Orbison, Bon Jovi - and also "Everyday is Like Sunday" by Morrissey. About which Springsteen said:

“Everybody’s wakin’ up these days with that feeling that it’s Groundhog Day. Every day is like the other day. And that’s like the other day. And that’s like the other day. I get up. I exercise. I exercise some more. I go downstairs. I eat breakfast. I eat breakfast again. Then I sit in front of the fire and I read a little bit. If we’re lucky, we get outside, get around the farm a little bit, Patti and I. And then we get to have dinner. And then we have some more dinner. And then we watch the news. It’s all bad. And we got to bed. And then we get up and we do it again. Looking for a little light at the end of the tunnel.”
The answer is quite simple Bruce, "Stop watching the news", especially before you go to bed. It's all bad and it's all lies anyway. TV Programming, get it?
Take part in National Spring Clean for the month of April, we just spent the last 3 days picking up litter around the countryside in glorious weather, social distancing no problem.
Grow some veg even if it's in a window box. The light at the end of the tunnel could be a polytunnel Bruce, cos you sound like you have no hobbies. Or the light you're looking for is within, cos "there is a light and it never goes out."
Not everybody's wakin' up these days Bruce, keep an eye out for the 5G masts coming to a neighbourhood near everybody which apparently is "essential" work during Lockdown. Cos we all need a stronger signal on our smart devices? Indeed.

Bruce is the King Of Rock & Roll. He also knows his music. I'm not surprised he knows Moz. "Sunday" pretty much is THE Morrissey song.

They say Tweeter And The Turkey Man is Bob's homage to Bruce.

Nice one WT. I didn't know that about Tweeter and the Monkey Man. Interesting stuff! Always is when it comes to Dylan.

""Tweeter and the Monkey Man" is sometimes regarded as a playful homage to the songs of Bruce Springsteen, who was often hailed as "the next Dylan" early in his career. The lyrics include the titles of many Springsteen songs, and the song borrows many of Springsteen's themes. The setting of the song itself is New Jersey, Springsteen's home state and the setting for many of Springsteen's own songs. New Jersey locations such as Rahway Prison and Jersey City are mentioned by name. Springsteen song title references include: "Stolen Car", "Mansion on the Hill", "Thunder Road", "State Trooper", "Factory", "The River", and a song made popular by Springsteen but written by Tom Waits, "Jersey Girl". Additionally, "Lion's Den" and "Paradise" are each mentioned and prominently enunciated in the song, each being the title of a Springsteen song released after the Traveling Wilburys album."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom