Spring 2019 Canada Tour (8 dates) announced

UPDATE:

9th show added:

Vancouver Orpheum Theatre - second show added (Apr. 14, 2019)

Just got notification that Moz is playing in Toronto at the Sony Centre on April 26, 2019 and April 27, 2019!
looks like many other dates lined up too...

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/1021-morrissey

**EDIT** ticketmaster page: https://www.ticketmaster.ca/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Other Canada dates on sale Feb. 22:

Apr. 15 - Orpheum Theatre, Vancouver, BC
Apr. 17 - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, AB
Apr. 18 - Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Edmonton, AB
Apr. 20 - TCU Place, Saskatoon, SK
Apr. 22 - Centennial Concert Hall, Winnipeg, MB
Apr. 29 - MTELUS, Montreal, QC

46263_canada_2019.jpg

Morrissey Announces Canadian Tour / April 2019 - Vents Magazine

Excerpt:

In what promises to be the start of a worldwide tour, Morrissey has announced his 1st full Canadian Tour in almost 20 years. The 8 date run, set to start in Vancouver at the historic Orpheum Theatre on April 15th, and will take the artist across Canada, to end in Montreal on April 29th.

Tickets to the Canadian shows, which will be promoted by AEG Concerts, will go on sale this coming Friday morning at 10am. Tickets can be purchased here:

http://showsnear.by/MorrisseyCANTour

A portion of proceeds from all of the tour’s ticket sales will benefit the following charities of Morrissey’s choice, as the artist continues his stand for animal rights and organizations that support animal welfare.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Think 8 dates is too much for Canada, I really am happy for all Canadians who has been waiting long....do 6 and do 4 in US , for example ...Boston, Detroit, Pittburgh and Seatle

enjoy

Think 8 dates is too much for Canada, I really am happy for all Canadians who has been waiting long....do 6 and do 4 in US , for example ...Boston, Detroit, Pittburgh and Seatle

enjoy

He'll probably only show up for half of them.

mozzzzzeeerr!!!!!!!!!! you little darling! I knew you wouldn't leave me hanging! I just knew it! well, obviously you must have heard of my upcoming travel plans and realized you had better get on it if you wanted me to be in the audience. well I will be mozzer and that's a fact! wouldn't miss it for the world! okay, here's the deal: ill be at your concert in Vancouver. if you feel the need for some good conversation after the show, I am only too happy to oblige. and I know of no conversation better than my own. dont wory, moz, I wont try to get into your pants, im not that kind of girl. I may however try to beat the pants off of you, so to speak, at scrabble. well, anway, looking forward to it baby bear!!!eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

also I hope the canadians treat you well otherwise im going to be soooooo embarrassed. not that i represent them or that they represent me in any way. I hate Canadians just as much as the next person, which is why im getting out of this place. but I do hope you have a marvellous time, and i hope the fans give those chilean or whatever fans a run for their money.

Rifke, did you spend ALL your money on the plane ticket?
not all of it pep! already booked the time off work! its going to put a small dent in my London fund, but ive been inspired by Curtis to pay no heed to such base considerations as money. it's all filthy lucre, pep!

what kind of seat should i get? I never know. what is generally considered best? is standing or sitting better? I think I would feel jostled if I were standing.

It's been a long time since I've been to a concert, but I remember waiting months and months just for tickets to go on sale after a date was announced. Can't believe there wasn't more notice; I'm just glad I check this site at least once a week, otherwise I may have missed it. I will do my best to get good seats, but the pre-sale options are confusing me. There's an AMEX pre-sale tomorrow morning, then the next day just "Presale" and then another AMEX Front of the Line Presale. Then the following day has general sales. No prices mentioned yet. Why should American Express users get better seats to see Morrissey? Especially in Canada, like wtf.

Anyways, I truly hope he doesn't cancel.

A few years back he was going to come to Bellingham, WA. Where? Closer to Vancouver than Seattle. Bought the tickets. Cancelled. Arse.

Then again, I ended up buying air travel and tickets to see him in Los Angeles, and also going to Disneyland. I guess I am the consumer Arse.

DO NOT CANCEL. I HAVE NEVER KILLED A SEAL IN MY LIFE. DO NOT PUNISH ME.

Sincerely,
a Canadian

sorry

not all of it pep! already booked the time off work! its going to put a small dent in my London fund, but ive been inspired by Curtis to pay no heed to such base considerations as money. it's all filthy lucre, pep!

what kind of seat should i get? I never know. what is generally considered best? is standing or sitting better? I think I would feel jostled if I were standing.
Good to hear! Personally speaking I am not good at standing up so I would go for the furthest forward/best view I could get with a seat. But then, you know, you might decide flailing around and being elbowed/jostled/punched/having warm beer spilled on you by other people is a small price to pay for the chance to be nearer (and even touch, mayhap) His Royal Mozzness. It's all about priorities, I guess.

It's been a long time since I've been to a concert, but I remember waiting months and months just for tickets to go on sale after a date was announced. Can't believe there wasn't more notice; I'm just glad I check this site at least once a week, otherwise I may have missed it. I will do my best to get good seats, but the pre-sale options are confusing me. There's an AMEX pre-sale tomorrow morning, then the next day just "Presale" and then another AMEX Front of the Line Presale. Then the following day has general sales. No prices mentioned yet. Why should American Express users get better seats to see Morrissey? Especially in Canada, like wtf.

Anyways, I truly hope he doesn't cancel.

A few years back he was going to come to Bellingham, WA. Where? Closer to Vancouver than Seattle. Bought the tickets. Cancelled. Arse.

Then again, I ended up buying air travel and tickets to see him in Los Angeles, and also going to Disneyland. I guess I am the consumer Arse.

DO NOT CANCEL. I HAVE NEVER KILLED A SEAL IN MY LIFE. DO NOT PUNISH ME.

Sincerely,
a Canadian

sorry
he wont cancel,it will be fine ,enjoy.

Good to hear! Personally speaking I am not good at standing up so I would go for the furthest forward/best view I could get with a seat. But then, you know, you might decide flailing around and being elbowed/jostled/punched/having warm beer spilled on you by other people is a small price to pay for the chance to be nearer (and even touch, mayhap) His Royal Mozzness. It's all about priorities, I guess.
mayhap I could touch his eyebrow ridge, even?!?!?!?! oh it's so hard to know what to do.... would be lovely, moz, if you would sign in anonymously and give me your recommendation!! c'mon, ol boy, what do you say?! is there a chance I could touch your eyebrow ridge?!

go to the front pep but stand to the side,thats what I do.so your really up close but don't get elbowed,punched or jostled.

go to the front pep but stand to the side,thats what I do.so your really up close but don't get elbowed,punched or jostled.
mayhap I could touch his eyebrow ridge, even?!?!?!?! oh it's so hard to know what to do.... would be lovely, moz, if you would sign in anonymously and give me your recommendation!! c'mon, ol boy, what do you say?! is there a chance I could touch your eyebrow ridge?!
Thanks for that tip, Gordy. There you go, Rifke, Gordy has solved the dilemma. Although you might not quite be in touching distance of the eyebrow ridge.

Tweet links to:

Morrissey breaks vow to boycott Canada until seal hunt is banned, announces eight concerts

https://nationalpost.com/news/morri...seal-hunt-is-banned-announces-eight-concerts/

Gail Shea's cited response from the above:

"Reached Monday, Shea laughed about his concert tour plans.

“You want to know if I’m going?
The answer’s ‘No,’ ” she said.

“They use their popularity to get headlines when they really don’t understand the issues. It’s just radical views and comments to grab headlines,” she said of Morrissey and other celebrity opponents of the hunt.
“It’s always been a part of life in Atlantic Canada.

Everyone is entitled to change their mind,” she said."

Regards,
FWD.

" They use their popularity to get headlines"! That's rich coming from a politician.

Female Genital Mutilation has always been a part of life in West Africa. She can laugh that off as well I'm sure.

Take the cult out of culture and all you have is bloody massacre.
Just because something originated a long time ago and became normalised doesn't make it right in the 21st century. The Inuits who live off seal hunting form a very small part of the subsidised mass bludgeoning which is taking place now.
I'm glad Morrissey has changed tactics after a 20 year boycott.
Everyone is entitled to change tactics.
It will give animal organisations a great boost.

He's realised that he can make the most money from the places that he hasn't played in a long, long time, and who are way down the list of places that know about him being a fanboy of neonazis. It's all about the money, money, money.
He's always welcome to his spiritual home . We got rid of our colonial nazi occupiers. You appear to be stuck with them.
He can come to Ireland for his 60th.
Its all about the LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Thanks for that tip, Gordy. There you go, Rifke, Gordy has solved the dilemma. Although you might not quite be in touching distance of the eyebrow ridge.
thanks pep and gordy. im not sure if I'd have the nerve to make a move, in any case. probably i'd be best sitting. do you have to act fast to get those tickets? and if you do get the standing tickets do you have to stand in that one spot the whole time or can you move around? well anyway, who knows if the tour will even take place now :(

thanks pep and gordy. im not sure if I'd have the nerve to make a move, in any case. probably i'd be best sitting. do you have to act fast to get those tickets? and if you do get the standing tickets do you have to stand in that one spot the whole time or can you move around? well anyway, who knows if the tour will even take place now :(
You're asking the wrong person, Rifke, sorry! It's been a long time since I've been anywhere. But I'm sure someone on here could answer that - anyone?

Tags
canada tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom