Spring 2019 Canada Tour (8 dates) announced

UPDATE:

9th show added:

Vancouver Orpheum Theatre - second show added (Apr. 14, 2019)

Just got notification that Moz is playing in Toronto at the Sony Centre on April 26, 2019 and April 27, 2019!
looks like many other dates lined up too...

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/1021-morrissey

**EDIT** ticketmaster page: https://www.ticketmaster.ca/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Other Canada dates on sale Feb. 22:

Apr. 15 - Orpheum Theatre, Vancouver, BC
Apr. 17 - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, AB
Apr. 18 - Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Edmonton, AB
Apr. 20 - TCU Place, Saskatoon, SK
Apr. 22 - Centennial Concert Hall, Winnipeg, MB
Apr. 29 - MTELUS, Montreal, QC

46263_canada_2019.jpg

Morrissey Announces Canadian Tour / April 2019 - Vents Magazine

Excerpt:

In what promises to be the start of a worldwide tour, Morrissey has announced his 1st full Canadian Tour in almost 20 years. The 8 date run, set to start in Vancouver at the historic Orpheum Theatre on April 15th, and will take the artist across Canada, to end in Montreal on April 29th.

Tickets to the Canadian shows, which will be promoted by AEG Concerts, will go on sale this coming Friday morning at 10am. Tickets can be purchased here:

http://showsnear.by/MorrisseyCANTour

A portion of proceeds from all of the tour’s ticket sales will benefit the following charities of Morrissey’s choice, as the artist continues his stand for animal rights and organizations that support animal welfare.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Roll on Carlisle, England ?? He’s costing me a fortune travelling up hill and down dale following him. A home date for me would save me a quid or two ... England awaits you Moz

Money over seal clubbing. Good ole Moz. Never shy of being an utter hypocrite when there's money to be had.

Last edited:
Gail Shea, the Canadian Minister of Fisheries whose spokesperson referred to me as a "millionaire celebrity, desperate for a hobby" when I protested at Shea's decision to axe to death thousands of newborn seal pups who were relying on fish food that Shea instead wanted for human consumption, is herself being 'culled' on Monday as the federal elections show her support dramatically diminished against that of her main opponent (Bobby Morrissey, would you believe). Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea, although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off.
It shall be worth the wait for all of us.

Morrissey
London, England
October 2015

If Morrissey was only in it for the money, he would be touring Canada with The Smiths.

And his holy presence there as he now realizes will do more good for animal welfare.

Hope this information helps.

:hammer:

CASE CLOSED !

:cool:

Gail Shea, the Canadian Minister of Fisheries whose spokesperson referred to me as a "millionaire celebrity, desperate for a hobby" when I protested at Shea's decision to axe to death thousands of newborn seal pups who were relying on fish food that Shea instead wanted for human consumption, is herself being 'culled' on Monday as the federal elections show her support dramatically diminished against that of her main opponent (Bobby Morrissey, would you believe). Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea, although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off.

Morrissey
London, England
October 2015

For those who's like an alternative to Peter's predictable selective truth:

September 20, 2018

Canada
My decision to return to Canada after almost 15 years of protest against its savage and Neanderthal annual Baby Seal Kill is entirely because my stance was ultimately of no use and helped no one. My voice was drowned out by the merciless swing of spiked axes crushing the heads of babies. On my return to Canada I feel that I can be of more use by making sizeable donations to animal protection groups in each city that I play. Thankfully there are many such organizations in Canada: Toronto Pig Save, Ottawa Animal Save, St John’s Chicken Save, Vancouver Chicken Save, and also PETAUSA and DxE / Direct Action Everywhere. Certainly, any and all of these groups are welcome to set up stalls at our concerts. We are here to save as many lives as possible. The current Canadian government neurotically preach diversity: the understanding that each individual is unique, and has much to offer because of their differences. This tolerance does not extend to the seal family - who hurt no one, yet who have no rights to life in the new non-discriminatory Canada. Will my Canadian tour be a success ? I have no idea. I shall give my best and do my best. We are all passionately looking forward to renewed friendships

SOSB

More online articles, some repeating some of the previous history re: Canada:

Morrissey Returns To Canada After Years Of Protest

https://celebrityaccess.com/2019/02/19/morrissey-returns-to-canada-after-years-of-protest/

Other articles:

Morrissey to play Toronto for the first time in 15 years

https://nowtoronto.com/music/morrissey-toronto-sony-centre-just-announced/

Morrissey coming to Saskatoon's TCU Place

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/morrisey-saskatoon-tcu-place-1.5024495

Regards,
FWD.

Congrats to Canadian fans for finally getting the chance to see Moz again locally. If he follows the format from the last tour where he performs a more expansive set list these should be very good shows. Any guesses on whether the "upcoming album" means California Son or a new studio album?

IMG_20190219_175004.jpg

(First tweet since December 7, 2018).
Regards,
FWD.

Morrissey
London, England
October 2015

So true.

too bad Toronto is near the end of the tour - greater chance of it getting cancelled as the tour progresses!
still, he's had a pretty good track record recently of few cancellations so I'm hoping for the best!

Tags
canada tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom