Spoken word video for "Earth is the Loneliest Planet" - NME

What a load of crap !
Loneliness ? Yet he's got Pamela at his side ! LOL, ROFL, LMFAO !
Come on then Ste Mo you big supa humasexual hero tell us your favourite planet then ?
It's a shit song

Well, it's official.

Morrissey will make his fans endure anything for his PETA cause--from video of the brutal slaughtering of livestock to Pamela Anderson.

I've watched it a few times now, and I do like it. It speaks the truth. The body language and facial expressions display precisely the urgency of life in a lonely world.

It has a French Cinema air to it.

It's not a bad song. It's not a great song. It feels more like a B side, and not a 'Ganglord' B side but more like a 'Shame is the Name' B side. I can only think the rest of the album must have some great songs on it if he thinks these 3 are the best ones to preview. I never seem to agree with what Moz thinks is single worthy and what should be a B side or album filler. 'Istanbul' is still fkn great!

Meh. This song's pretty boring and the lyrics are terrible.

I don't get why NOW he's doing the spoken word thing, when his lyrics are generally at their piss poorest; this song especially. This idea for promoting his songs is brilliant; it's just a shame he didn't do this ten years ago when the words could still stand on their own with no music required; nowadays they can barely stand WITH music.

Having said that it's a pretty well shot video all in all, but Pamela Blanderson is superfluous; her PETA link is the only reason Morrissey would have ANYTHING to do with her. Other than that she basically represents everything he has ever railed against where womanhood is concerned, and the two of them in this video have no chemistry together; she looks dumb and bored and basically like a huge waste of space. Which she is. It would have been better if he was just wandering around up there alone; her presence doesn't add irony...it's just dumb.

Or really, he should have pushed her off the ledge at the end, for lulz.

I don't get why NOW he's doing the spoken word thing, when his lyrics are generally at their piss poorest; this song especially. This idea for promoting his songs is brilliant; it's just a shame he didn't do this ten years ago when the words could still stand on their own with no music required; nowadays they can barely stand WITH music.

Having said that it's a pretty well shot video all in all, but Pamela Blanderson is superfluous; her PETA link is the only reason Morrissey would have ANYTHING to do with her. Other than that she basically represents everything he has ever railed against where womanhood is concerned, and the two of them in this video have no chemistry together; she looks dumb and bored and basically like a huge waste of space. Which she is. It would have been better if he was just wandering around up there alone; her presence doesn't add irony...it's just dumb.

If thats the case he wouldn't have had her in the video regardless if she is veggie or not.

I saw pictures of Pam Anderson attending the Cannes film festival, before I knew about this video, looking the same as she does here. Was surprised that she finally outgrew her silly biker chick phase and looked quite glamorous and mature, as she does here.

Nice video, nice location, they look good, magic hour looks good on them.

In an interview a long time ago Morrissey mentioned buying a sexy Pam Anderson poster for his nephew's wall when he was a kid.

OMG dude go have a Snickers bar. f***.

I couldn't bother reading this f***ers clever rant about his song. I do know he needs to get a life. Good luck lonesome loser

Last edited:
I could bother reading this f***ers clever rant about his song. I do know he needs to get a life. Good luck lonesome loser

How punk.

Funny that although you "could bother reading" the rant (the correct term is actually "couldn't bother") you do bother to quote the post and draw attention to it, and me.

But then, like I said...how punk. Clearly I'm dealing with a towering intellect and I'm sure I don't need to go on further.

Somebody like Monica Bellucci would have been perfect in this. Why slum it with Pamela Anderson?

Last edited:
Re: Spoken word video for "Earth is the Loneliest Planet" NME

Thank you.

I was never a fan of PA. But dang, she looks good. Love her haircut an color. I think they look hot together. The video is so urban, almost futuristic. I really liked it.

How can I listen to the studio clip sans iTunes?

First explain to the plebs what the word "sans" means, because they might not understand it. Be sure to hyperlink to the online dictionary.

Also, I love your use of words like "dang" and "hot"...go, late 40s, go!

"almost futuristic"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom