Splitting a live recording into tracks

Peterhilts

Hi I have several audio recordings but I want to split into individual tracks, is their a programme that will do it as I find audacity real time consuming and I dont get the best results

Hi I have several audio recordings but I want to split into individual tracks, is their a programme that will do it as I find audacity real time consuming and I dont get the best results

I use mp3 cutter joiner, I also use Mediahuman you tube to mp3 for capturing audio from gigs on you tube

Audacity does everything I need when it comes to chopping things up and saving projects with a multitude of encoding options including importing mp4s etc.
It can be overwhelming to begin with, but most of the bits I've shared here are via that software.
Regards,
FWD.

Audacity does everything I need when it comes to chopping things up and saving projects with a multitude of encoding options including importing mp4s etc.
It can be overwhelming to begin with, but most of the bits I've shared here are via that software.
Regards,
FWD.

Didn't realise you could you could use Audacity in that way, I only use it for amplifying tracks that are quieter than normal

You can also use cue sheets. A cue sheet is a text file in a particular format that describes each track and its length. If you construct a cue file you can then use one of several apps (I use foobar2000) to split the audio file into separate tracks.
Cue sheet (Hydrogenaud.io)

Back
Top Bottom