Spike Milligan

Corkian

Just wondering what you guys think of Spike Milligan.

I have been interested in him for a couple of years now although I know quite little about him and haven't read any of his books yet - all I have seen numerous interviews, some of his Television Work and some clips on the internet.

His is the type of comedy I enjoy - farcical-like.

He really is hilarious .... and this is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

[youtube]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TkOAUht3G5o&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TkOAUht3G5o&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/youtube]

On his Grave Stone it reads:
"Duirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite" which is Irish for "I told you I was ill."

Quotes;

Last edited:
I've posted this before, but so what? A classic...

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Spike Milligan, but especially the epitaph thing, which is truly genius. :thumb:

Genius.
Badjelly the Witch was a favourite growing up :p.

Spike an intimate memoir. by norma farnes, his assistant gives a fabulous insight into spikes life. very entertaining read.

Try and get his War Diaries which are really descriptive, insightful and funny too...:)

I think the guy was a pioneer for all the comedy that has resulted since. You don't really have Monty Python without this guy.

Try and get his War Diaries which are really descriptive, insightful and funny too...:)

I think the guy was a pioneer for all the comedy that has resulted since. You don't really have Monty Python without this guy.

The Hitler and Mussolini Downfalls?

I am planning on getting the Hitler one alright as soon as I get the money!

As for Monty Python - John Cleese (who I also love) said something like that alright. :)

This is his written masterpiece, I think.

Puckoon.JPG

Teeth

English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye, each and every one.
English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done.
English Teeth! HEROES' Teeth!
Hear them click! and clack!
Let's sing a song of praise to them -
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black.

Spike Milligan R.I.P Th best and most innovative comedian ever. Groundbreakingly original with a very oblique take on life. His books (Rommel - Gunner Who? / Monty, My part in his downfall / Indefinite articles and Scunthorpe) are works of genius as are his broadcasts in the form of The Goon Show / Q / There's a lot of it about.

Sketches like - Lose Your furniture / The Irish O'Lympics / Idiot of the year - Sheer quality!

The Hitler and Mussolini Downfalls?

I am planning on getting the Hitler one alright as soon as I get the money!

As for Monty Python - John Cleese (who I also love) said something like that alright. :)

I think his War Diaries come on four parts. But the titles you mentioned are definitely in their. The book i got had all the books in one but you can buy them seperately.

Cleese was class too...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom