Spike and Gary in the Clash City Rockers

I

Iain

The Clash City Rockers have played two gigs in the Peterborough area in the last week. Not being a huge Clash fan i didn't know what to expect but both gigs were hugely entertaining in different ways. The first took place in the Park, a fairly recently established venue here. It was heavily advertised locally and was packed ( the place holds approx 200 people) and by the third song it was absolute bedlam with Spike and Gary ( both of whom contributed backing vocals ) seeming to be throughly enjoying themselves. I only spotted one Morrissey shirt, which isnt surprising as peterborough isnt really a hotbed of Morrissey activity.
The second gig was absolutely bizarre, with it taking place in a small village outside Peterborough in the local ex servicemans club. Only a few people were there to see the band with the rest of the crowd being old men, people out for a quiet drink and a load of kids who were attending a 10th Birthday party in the hall next door. When the band came on the old men fled for the exit and muttered darkly outside while drinking their pints, while a girl of about 7 stood directly in front of the band and danced wildly all night. All in all hugely entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom