Spent the Day in Bed streams 343,000 in first 4 days

Thewlis

Very Senior Member
On Spotify Spent the Day in Bed has now a total of 343.392 streams since appearing there first on Tuesday.
I'm not sure if this will affect the charts (or what chart) but it seems a pretty succesfull first couple of days for a first single by someone of his generation.

On Spotify Spent the Day in Bed has now a total of 343.392 streams since appearing there first on Tuesday.
I'm not sure if this will affect the charts (or what chart) but it seems a pretty succesfull first couple of days for a first single by someone of his generation.

Clearly, a lot of people couldn't quite believe how hilariously shite it is on first listen.

(Ps. "successful".)

Same with the YouTube views which are at 275000 views. It peaked at 31 on the U.K. Top 100 songs on iTunes U.K.. it was weird to see it among a bunch of people I don't know Taylor swift and pink etc

Impressive view count on YouTube but number of likes quite low in terms of views.

I had a quick unscientific check of some other new releases, and the likes tend to be 1/10th - 1/15th of the number of views.
Moz just has 6k likes on 276k views, or one like for every 46 views.

Same with the YouTube views which are at 275000 views. It peaked at 31 on the U.K. Top 100 songs on iTunes U.K.. it was weird to see it among a bunch of people I don't know Taylor swift and pink etc

I think it really depends on the audience and audience demographics age etc. the used' new video has 325000 plus views 7000 likes and over 400 plus dislikes (which is almost double the number of dislikes the morrissey song has despite having close to the same number of likes). The view count to me matters because it counts everyone no matter what. I personally watch songs all the time for years now on YouTube and have never liked or disliked a song ever and it's not something I pay attention to. It makes it as a measure not as reliable. I can at the very least say that spent the day in bed is getting some attention. I'm more curious as to how the videos view count compares to world peaces singles. I saw how the album did in the album charts but can't correlate it to its singles view counts cause I couldn't tell what would have been the original vids etc

289,182 views and counting .... :rock: not bad for such a crappy video, take that into account! :lbf: though, that [not so ] Swift video is pretty crappy too !

Wow ! That's a telephone number. Poor Steve, bless him :lbf: He can only dream of that level of attention.

#Switzerland is mine

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Let's see if ''Tay Tay'' still have that much views when she's 58, will she still be making music though ??? :rolleyes:
And, most important, you CAN'T compare Morrissey with her, or any crappy artist right now, we all now this generation have terrible music taste, but, good music was never popular anyway.

BYE BITCH!:kissingheart:

How the hell does the UK singles chart work now anyway? Is 'Spent the Day in Bed' eligible now, and will it get into the Top 100 this week? Does pre-ordering an album, and getting the song now count as a single sale? Or do we need to wait for the physical 7" to come out in a month's time?

I know it's not going to chart highly - the days of Morrissey troubling the Top 20 are over, I just wondered when it might reach #98, or whatever?

its FREE views FREE streaming. peeps. its when it gets PAID that counts. moz will grab a vodka bottle from his night stand, having it been placed there by a hot dude waiter from the room service, and like the rest of us will anticipate the official tally. if that sucker is not a numero UNO, then its chug , chug and berate. will go wild against hapless BMG.

Youtube and Spotify views do count in the charts. I don't know what it'll chart though as I don't follow singles charts and only infrequently look at album charts

How the hell does the UK singles chart work now anyway? Is 'Spent the Day in Bed' eligible now, and will it get into the Top 100 this week? Does pre-ordering an album, and getting the song now count as a single sale? Or do we need to wait for the physical 7" to come out in a month's time?

I know it's not going to chart highly - the days of Morrissey troubling the Top 20 are over, I just wondered when it might reach #98, or whatever?
Eligible now I presume, as streaming count towards the charts these days.

On the downloads only chart, Spent The Day In Bed entered at number 87 but this was only 3 days downloads and not the full week.

Back
Top Bottom