"Spent The Day In Bed" - enters UK top 40 (airplay)

UPDATE 13TH OCTOBER - the song is now in the Airplay Top 30 (at #29)

'Spent the Day in Bed' has climbed 279 places up the UK airplay chart to 34 over the last week (Oct 5th to 11th). His first UK top 40 since 'I'm throwing my arms around Paris'. This rapid ascent is due to the Radio 2 A-list to which it was added this week. It's a rolling chart so the song will probably continue to climb until Saturday. It may boost the single's position a little in the actual chart but the airplay mainly acts as an advert for the album. As mentioned before, this would normally all be timed to happen a week or two before the album comes out so it's odd that there's a month to go - maybe there will be another song released between now and then.

Last edited:
If it's made #84 in the download only chart, presumably it's not too far outside the official UK top 100 - with the new video and radio airplay, I think it genuinely has a fair chance of charting next week.

Nope - it failed to chart in the UK #100 singles again this week. Airplay didn't help after all.

It's jumped up from 84 to 60 in the download chart this week. I actually think this is more meaningful than the main singles chart now as it doesn't include streaming i.e. people have to actually spend money on it.
I stream tons of stuff that I don't like (out of curiosity). Must have listened to Sheeran's Galway Girl a few times, not being able to believe just how bad it was. There's no way I'd spend any money on that rubbish! But I would have helped send it up the chart. #60 still isn't the greatest of achievements but I think it's what you'd expect from an act of Morrissey's status (e.g. similar performance to the last U2 single) these days, and sales are clearly responding to airplay suggesting people do actually like what they're hearing which is obviously a good sign for the album.

Popular in Ireland:
20171025_234449.png

Regards,
FWD.

Hmm, with First Aid Kit at number 2, I'm guessing that must be just for a very niche radio station, rather than a country-wide chart.

True.
But, it is an elementary fact my dear Watson, he is on the number one spot of that chart. :)
Uncle Steven must feel pleased and should hastily announce a concert in Ireland just to thank the Irish fans.
As far as I know any concert by him in Ireland was always great! :thumb:

Popular in Ireland:
View attachment 42553
Regards,
FWD.

RTE are famous for writing fake news articles about Man United. Dunno how many I have read over the years. Paddy Power became Paddy Powder, remove the white stuff under the nose you irish journos.

Smoking your kids Skoda's is not a wise idea, either.

Asphalt my driveway, please!

Hmm, with First Aid Kit at number 2, I'm guessing that must be just for a very niche radio station, rather than a country-wide chart.
RTE Radio 1 has an average of aprox 400,000 listeners on its prime shows and is cited to have a 'reach' of over 1 million weekly - the biggest in Ireland as a whole (population= 4.7 million).
Collectively, the family of three RTE stations have a weekly reach of almost 2 million people (1,879,000), or 52% of the Adult 15+ population.
Not bad going really.
Regards,
FWD.

(source:http://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-of...ekly-reach-of-almost-2-million-for-rte-radio/)

RTE Radio 1 has an average of aprox 400,000 listeners on its prime shows and is cited to have a 'reach' of over 1 million weekly - the biggest in Ireland as a whole (population= 4.7 million).
Collectively, the family of three RTE stations have a weekly reach of almost 2 million people (1,879,000), or 52% of the Adult 15+ population.
Not bad going really.
Regards,
FWD.

(source:http://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-of...ekly-reach-of-almost-2-million-for-rte-radio/)

Oh not bad at all. First Aid Kit are obviously doing better in Ireland.
They're lucky to get on the 6 Music c-list over here in the UK!

#8...and reckon me thought you foreigners didn't care about Steve's neighbor dying.

Uhm, sorry?
Which one would that be?
I don't know any names of his neighbours.
And as you are obvious very much "in the know", would you inform us pullease?

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spent The Day In Bed is number 31 on the midweek UK chart update.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom