"Spent The Day In Bed" debuts at 69 in UK, nr 1 in vinyl charts

Morrissey performed new single "Spent The Day In Bed" on The Graham Norton Show last week which, along with the track's release on 7-inch single, help him to achieve his first singles chart entry since 2011, with the track debuting at No.69 (5,069 sales). It is his 39th solo hit, and his 57th in all, the remainder being as a member of The Smiths.

It is number 1 in the vinyl charts:

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vinyl-singles-chart/

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's not what I would call a hit I find it impressive that it managed to chart at all so many weeks after it's debut. Yes vinyl sales are the main reason but it's impressive that in this day and age he was able to sell so many 7 inchers. Actually it has been a radio "hit" (Top 30) to be fair. Had they coordinated the release of the vinyl with the same week release of the single it would have charted higher. Hopefully they will do this for the next single.

I can't understand some peoples obsession with another person's failure. It seems very unhealthy and I wouldn't like to think that I would ever have to contend with anyone like that in my daily life. I wish these people would stay away.
Thankfully they're just online and you don't have to meet them at parties.

YouTube is a wordwide figure, nothing to do with UK charts.
Spotify 'Viral' chart is an industry product to try and foist their artists onto listeners. In Morrissey's case it isn't working as the industry chart isn't influencing the real chart. STDIB is nowhere to be seen in the Spotify Top 200 of songs actually streamed by 'clueless consumers'. Record companies can wine & dine Spotify 'influencer' DJs/jouralists as much as they like to get a song on to the 'Viral' chart you quote in hopes of creating a 'buzz' but in the case of STDIB it simply hasn't worked. It's a FLOP. His 'fans' on this site can quote the fake 'viral' chart till the cows come home to be milked for Morrissey's cheese but it doesn't change the facts. It's a FLOP! Despite all the promotional muscle a large record label can muster. Care to rebut any of this? https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/daily/latest

We will find out in almost exactly two weeks. If the single has been enjoyed enough by those that have heard it, they will go out and buy the album, and it will have first week sales which exceed World Peace (18,000). That's how airplay works. If they didn't like the single, as you claim (backed up by your Spotify analysis) it will do worse than World Peace, in week one at least.
World Peace received almost universal positive reviews in the UK - Low in High School isn't getting those, so it will be extra difficult to match the World Peace sales.
So, stop wasting your time telling everyone how much of a flop the single is, and come back in 2 weeks and we'll see how the album does. As I've said before, Spent the Day in Bed does not strike me as being a great song (nowhere near as good as First of the Gang), just a quite good song so I will be a little surprised if it convinces many people to buy the album.
There's a fair chance the album will indeed flop and do worse than its predecessor, especially if the bulk of the remaining reviews are more like the Uncut 5/10 one than the Q and Classic Pop 8/10s. If you persist with your Boycott Low in High School campaign, that could just swing it. 2 weeks to go.

Last edited:
Thankfully they're just online and you don't have to meet them at parties.

I don’t know why but I expect that the so-called haters, detractors and trolls on this site would be in fact just nice and kind people.

It feels more and more as if they are only online trolls. Offline and in a social environment, like a party they would be totally different.

Don’t forget Moz doesn’t really care about controversy, in fact, stimulates it, like with the f*** Morrissey-Solo t-shirts and f*** Harvest ones.
And while it creates a lot of traffic to the site, maybe both interests are being served?

Sometimes I read very well argumented posts but they tend to be that argumentative it almost gets ideological. Or religical. Like people want to save you, ha.
Not that pro-Moz posts aren’t, but there is some kind of war going on. A propaganda war on a website.

I don't care anymore about that but many times arguments pro and contra seem to be made up and I cannot really take them seriously.
In any case, it won’t let it influence me, liking and appreciating his music and of course I will buy his album.

I would think all the need to debunk could be pointed at other issues and people, more important and powerful, but hey, that could mean serious repercussions. Not from a singer in the entertainment industry. Innit?

We will find out in almost exactly two weeks. If the single has been enjoyed enough by those that have heard it, they will go out and buy the album, and it will have first week sales which exceed World Peace (18,000). That's how airplay works. If they didn't like the single, as you claim (backed up by your Spotify analysis) it will do worse than World Peace, in week one at least.
World Peace received almost universal positive reviews in the UK - Low in High School isn't getting those, so it will be extra difficult to match the World Peace sales.
So, stop wasting your time telling everyone how much of a flop the single is, and come back in 2 weeks and we'll see how the album does. As I've said before, Spent the Day in Bed does not strike me as being a great song (nowhere near as good as First of the Gang), just a quite good song so I will be a little surprised if it convinces many people to buy the album.
There's a fair chance the album will indeed flop and do worse than its predecessor, especially if the bulk of the remaining reviews are more like the Uncut 5/10 one than the Q and Classic Pop 8/10s. If you persist with your Boycott Low in High School campaign, that could just swing it. 2 weeks to go.

You stop wasting your time.

Liam Gallagher-Solo has sold 100,000 copies of 'As You Were'. That is the bench-mark against which we judge the sales of 'Low In High School'. If Morrissey is still in the competition, it's how he does against another British Icon such as Liam, not whether or not he can avoid his own sales abyss again.

The same applies to his live touring status: the competition is Liam, who sold out an arena tour in an hour and then added a huge Finsbury Park date next summer. Let's see if Morrissey adds Finsbury Park to his tour then we'll talk again about how he's doing.

#BoycottLowInHighSchool

#CardiganIsCruel

#CheeseBleeds

#SpentTheDayInBedFLOP!

etc

You stop wasting your time.

Liam Gallagher-Solo has sold 100,000 copies of 'As You Were'. That is the bench-mark against which we judge the sales of 'Low In High School'. If Morrissey is still in the competition, it's how he does against another British Icon such as Liam, not whether or not he can avoid his own sales abyss again.

The same applies to his live touring status: the competition is Liam, who sold out an arena tour in an hour and then added a huge Finsbury Park date next summer. Let's see if Morrissey adds Finsbury Park to his tour then we'll talk again about how he's doing.

#BoycottLowInHighSchool

#CardiganIsCruel

#CheeseBleeds

#SpentTheDayInBedFLOP!

etc

"British Icon such as Liam,.."

Brummie, "What drugs are you on?"

I don’t know why but I expect that the so-called haters, detractors and trolls on this site would be in fact just nice and kind people.
Don’t forget Moz doesn’t really care about controversy, in fact, stimulates it, like with the f*** Morrissey-Solo t-shirts and f*** Harvest ones.
And while it creates a lot of traffic to the site, maybe both interests are being served?
Sometimes I read very well argumented posts but they tend to be that argumentative it almost gets ideological. Or religical. Like people want to save you, ha.
Not that pro-Moz posts aren’t, but there is some kind of war going on. A propaganda war on a website.
Innit?

The problem with your very interesting discussion post QQQ, is that the 'f*** Morrissey-Solo' tshirts were in response to various actions and activities and these shirts were TOTALLY justified. At that time (sic:) it was a haven for idiots, anoymous libelous statements and annoying chatter......
Gee, folks even got to witness this Website "Owner" getting suspended from ALL live M gigs (forever).............and that's a heck of a lot of anger caused by various, constant and idiotic posts.

These are not always anonymous, sadly, but they are usually ALWAYS argumentative. Sometimes argumentative with themselves - or their own online persona(s) - it must be said.

Hazard
x

I'm pretty sure that "I'm not my type" is a Kenneth Williams phrase but I don't remember when and where he said it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom