"Spent The Day In Bed" debuts at 69 in UK, nr 1 in vinyl charts

Morrissey performed new single "Spent The Day In Bed" on The Graham Norton Show last week which, along with the track's release on 7-inch single, help him to achieve his first singles chart entry since 2011, with the track debuting at No.69 (5,069 sales). It is his 39th solo hit, and his 57th in all, the remainder being as a member of The Smiths.

It is number 1 in the vinyl charts:

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vinyl-singles-chart/

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinyl charts LOL, poor old man hes obsessive with past formats, he lives in the past...

It must be a good album then right? Comparing Liam and Morrissey is like, I don't know, comparing Take That and The Beatles.

Liam's album is actually, surprisingly, rather excellent.

As a staunch Moz fan, I'm sad to say I doubt LIHS will come near it in terms of the quality of songs. (Despite Liam writing a large portion of them). For What It's Worth, Chinatown*, Wall of Glass, Greedy Soul and Bold are stonking tunes and blow all but HIAQM out of the water.

*not written by LG

However, Morrissey remains head and shoulders above Liam as a song writer...

Liam's album is actually, surprisingly, rather excellent.

As a staunch Moz fan, I'm sad to say I doubt LIHS will come near it in terms of the quality of songs. (Despite Liam writing a large portion of them). For What It's Worth, Chinatown*, Wall of Glass, Greedy Soul and Bold are stonking tunes and blow all but HIAQM out of the water.

*not written by LG

However, Morrissey remains head and shoulders above Liam as a song writer...

I agree, its really good. I saw him at the Ritz earlier this year for his first solo gig, the atmosphere was incredible, have never seen anything like it since I saw The Smiths.

That's why this discussion is so amusing. He's a nutter. Always was. He's a C List Heritage act who can only get attention as an ex-member of The Smiths, that's why he's been playing HSIN non-stop for the last decade. If he only played his solo material he'd face empty venues. Most people only go to see him to tick him of their list of 'supposedly iconic acts'. He is quite good as a Smiths Tribute Band but there's noting 'Solo' about him...he's riding on the glories of his time as part of that group.

U2 accept they are a heritage act, that's why they play Joshua Tree in it's entirety. DM are a real act who don't care about charts. Nor do their fans. Unlike Morrissey and his cultists loons here.
Snowflake Starbucks brigade alert

barnett-steve-billboard-650.jpg

Oh Steve Barnett ! Nothing to answer for !

Many thanks Steve.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

birmingham boy get to your bed you have had too much too much too say for one day.

It doesn't work like that Gordy, as much as the truth hurts, you have to return and back up your opinions.
Too many people on here just don't get it and suddenly turn into Kim Jong Un because they can't deal with the reality of Stevo the clown.
No ill feelings but it doesn't look good.
Back up your argument otherwise you end up looking like that pathetic KetchupBum :rofl:

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

So far STDIB and I Wish You Lonely have done better in terms of plays in 1 month than the WPINOYB singles did in the 3 months they were available
You do understand that WPINOYB was a still-born release in terms of promotion?

I still think it's a travesty that Istanbul vanished like a fart in the wind, when it was easily his best single since Irish Blood English Heart. It's a Morrissey classic. Now we get Spent The Day In Bed, and I Wish You Lonely behind the full weight of a record company, and this is the best it can do.

World Peace is looking better, and better as an album, and it was a good album to begin with.

It isn't popular. Nobody is listening to it even though it's available for free to stream on Spotify and YouTube. Those people in Tesco's who also heard it just thought 'meh!'.

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/daily/latest

Spotify
Viral 50
Filter by United Kingdom - Daily
41 - Spent The Day In Bed
https://spotifycharts.com/viral/gb/daily/latest

Spotify
Viral 50
Filter by United Kingdom - Weekly
44 - I Wish You Lonely
50 - Spent The Day In Bed
https://spotifycharts.com/viral/gb/weekly/latest

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't understand some peoples obsession with another person's failure. It seems very unhealthy and I wouldn't like to think that I would ever have to contend with anyone like that in my daily life. I wish these people would stay away.

Steven your finished buddy and your comments in Seattle comparing the NY terrorist attack to the slaughter animals is sad. You will never convince the masses to cease consuming meat. Your personal appearance and medical history only encourage people to maintain a health diet of animal protein. I believe you have the early stage of alzheimer's and need a psychological assessment.

The only time Morrissey cares about making hay over Islamic extremists is when it happens in Manchester, where somewhere a mural of his image could be in jeopardy of being damaged. If it happens anywhere else, he forgets about "extreme rabbits," and immediately skips to comparing it to meat eating.

This is what happens when you have no real connection to the world. No children, no broad loyalties, or investments in other people, or institutions. You lose your humanity. Everyone is guilty. Many of his fans display these traits as well.

Someone needs to catch him walking down the street, and dump a giant bowl of hot chili on his head. Watching him take a knee after he realizes what he's wearing, and how small it makes him look, would be the perfect punctuation to what's left of his dwindling career. At the very least, he's begging for a pie in the face type moment.

Over the years of the most common refrains I've heard from other music fans when Morrissey's name is mentioned, is that he's a giant asshole who likes skinheads. It's now become the standard impression people have of him outside of his small, dedicated fan-base.

Morrissey is simply not a kind human being, and he's the worst kind of coward: He plays tough from a distance, but would curl up in the fetal position if you spat on him.

In the past, due to his image as a fey pretty boy too shy, and fragile to be taken seriously, Morrissey could get away with sounding callous. Now he lumbers around like a pudgy old fart with the face of a toothless bull-dog, barking his resentment to a world that won't honor his wishes.

It's an ugly pose that now comes across much darker than it did before.

I can't understand some peoples obsession with another person's failure. It seems very unhealthy and I wouldn't like to think that I would ever have to contend with anyone like that in my daily life. I wish these people would stay away.

It sounds like the kind of question one should pose to Morrissey.

A good part of Morrissey's career has been him promoting his own perceived moral high-ground, and finger pointing. To quote the old saying: "When you point a finger there are three fingers pointing back at you."

Morrissey's obsession with other people's personal failures has set the standard for the kind of blow-back he should have expected from his attacks on others.

I know what Morrissey's failings are. It's just that I don't care. To point the finger back is suggestive of a misplaced sense of your own importance. When will it register that negative comments may be factual but they are serving no purpose. This is a fan site and people shouldn't be using it for cheap point scoring.

Spotify
Viral 50
Filter by United Kingdom - Daily
41 - Spent The Day In Bed
https://spotifycharts.com/viral/gb/daily/latest

Spotify
Viral 50
Filter by United Kingdom - Weekly
44 - I Wish You Lonely
50 - Spent The Day In Bed
https://spotifycharts.com/viral/gb/weekly/latest

YouTube is a wordwide figure, nothing to do with UK charts.

Spotify 'Viral' chart is an industry product to try and foist their artists onto listeners. In Morrissey's case it isn't working as the industry chart isn't influencing the real chart. STDIB is nowhere to be seen in the Spotify Top 200 of songs actually streamed by 'clueless consumers'. Record companies can wine & dine Spotify 'influencer' DJs/jouralists as much as they like to get a song on to the 'Viral' chart you quote in hopes of creating a 'buzz' but in the case of STDIB it simply hasn't worked. It's a FLOP. His 'fans' on this site can quote the fake 'viral' chart till the cows come home to be milked for Morrissey's cheese but it doesn't change the facts. It's a FLOP! Despite all the promotional muscle a large record label can muster. Care to rebut any of this?

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/gb/daily/latest

I know what Morrissey's failings are. It's just that I don't care. To point the finger back is suggestive of a misplaced sense of your own importance. When will it register that negative comments may be factual but they are serving no purpose. This is a fan site and people shouldn't be using it for cheap point scoring.

Are you the site proprietor? When did you get to define the purpose of this site? What is a 'fan'? What about the wider 'audience' who can discriminate between the occasional good song and the torrents of nonsense? Morrissey suffer from the greatest case of 'misplaced importance' in popular music. To watch his C List career drone on whilst the world at large ignores him is an amusing spectacle. You shouldn't assume anyone else gives any more importance than watching a clown fall arse over tit at a circus.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom