"Spent The Day In Bed" debuts at 69 in UK, nr 1 in vinyl charts

Morrissey performed new single "Spent The Day In Bed" on The Graham Norton Show last week which, along with the track's release on 7-inch single, help him to achieve his first singles chart entry since 2011, with the track debuting at No.69 (5,069 sales). It is his 39th solo hit, and his 57th in all, the remainder being as a member of The Smiths.

It is number 1 in the vinyl charts:

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vinyl-singles-chart/

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey performed new single Spent The Day In Bed on The Graham Norton Show last week which, along with the track's release on 7-inch single, help him to achieve his first singles chart entry since 2011, with the track debuting at No.69 (5,069 sales). It is his 39th solo hit, and his 57th in all, the remainder being as a member of The Smiths.

40th top 75 solo hit if you also count the one with Siouxsie also. Did the Smiths not have 17 (excluding re-issues)? That makes 57 anyway. Or are you also counting 'Hand In Glove' featuring Sandie Shaw?

Think it's reached its highest position on the airplay chart this week at number 23. http://ukairplaychart.com/
Will disappear from that chart next week as it's now ended its 4 or 5 week run on the Radio 2 A-list but it has performed very well.
Ideally the album would be out today - guessing the Smiths re-release is the reason why it's not.

40th top 75 solo hit if you also count the one with Siouxsie also. Did the Smiths not have 17 (excluding re-issues)? That makes 57 anyway. Or are you also counting 'Hand In Glove' featuring Sandie Shaw?
Yes, 40th including the Siouxsie-one!
The Smiths had 20 top 75 hits actually, including reissues, but with TCM and HSIN twice that would be 18 different ones.

Yes, 40th including the Siouxsie-one!
The Smiths had 20 top 75 hits actually, including reissues, but with TCM and HSIN twice that would be 18 different ones.

ASK appears twice too so that makes 17 different ones?

ASK appears twice too so that makes 17 different ones?

EILS appears twice for solo list also making 38 different solo hits (excluding Siouxsie duet). So he's actually had 56 hits (38 solo, 17 Smiths plus 1 duet).

Think it's reached its highest position on the airplay chart this week at number 23. http://ukairplaychart.com/
Will disappear from that chart next week as it's now ended its 4 or 5 week run on the Radio 2 A-list but it has performed very well.
Ideally the album would be out today - guessing the Smiths re-release is the reason why it's not.

WTF is that meant to mean? It 'performed well' because nobody is buying it? Despite radio shills pushing it for weeks?

Hilarious 're-framing' of a total FLOP!!!!!

I'd have bought it if it had an actual original B side. Just one would've done.

barnett-steve-billboard-650.jpg

Morrissey performed new single "Spent The Day In Bed" on The Graham Norton Show last week which, along with the track's release on 7-inch single, help him to achieve his first singles chart entry since 2011, with the track debuting at No.69 (5,069 sales). It is his 39th solo hit, and his 57th in all, the remainder being as a member of The Smiths.

But it's #69 in the real charts. In other words, it's a total flop with only the crazy cult maniacs on this site buying it. Like some deranged Pravda apparatchik you link to the irrelevant chart for propaganda purposes but anyone with a brain knows this means this single is a TOTAL FLOP!!!! I linked to the FLOP earlier so you rush in like some kind of crazed cultist to try and 'spin' it as a success because: Vinyl....gulp down some more sedatives until you can face the facts...

LOL!

http://www.officialcharts.com/search/singles/spent-the-day-in-bed/

It also has over 2 million plays on Spotify if that means anything, also I Wish You Lonely has 231,394

Yes, I'm sure that's a consolation. World-wide plays of 2 million but no actual sales of any note in his strongest home market. I'm sure Steve Barnett & Harvest are breaking open a bottle of champagne tonight as they have been proved right: no amount of press, radio and t.v can shift Morrissey.

Yes, I'm sure that's a consolation. World-wide plays of 2 million but no actual sales of any note in his strongest home market. I'm sure Steve Barnett & Harvest are breaking open a bottle of champagne tonight as they have been proved right: no amount of press, radio and t.v can shift Morrissey.
So far STDIB and I Wish You Lonely have done better in terms of plays in 1 month than the WPINOYB singles did in the 3 months they were available

Morrissey will eventually have a tantrum sooner or later with the record company he’s with, it’s in his nature.

Who is he going to blame now? With prime time exposure on radio & tv and lots of arse-licking press coverage, his first single from his 'comeback' album is a monumental FLOP! The only people left to blame are the listeners...oh wait! He already did that in his hilarious demo for 'Kid's A Looker' where he berated 'clueless consumers' for liking the wrong sort of music. The only sales of this single are the vinyl sales to his demented cult. It will vanish next week like a stone in a reservoir.

LOL!

FLOP!

So far STDIB and I Wish You Lonely have done better in terms of plays in 1 month than the WPINOYB singles did in the 3 months they were available

Keep clutching at those straws. None of those 'plays' purchased via Big Music muscle have translated into actual sales with music consumers. Harvest were right to get rid of him. I won't be surprised if he's going totally beserk right now as he realises no amount of 'exposure' will persuade anyone outside of his dwindling cult to buy his records. Or concert tickets. It's all brewing up rather nicely!

WTF is that meant to mean? It 'performed well' because nobody is buying it? Despite radio shills pushing it for weeks?
Hilarious 're-framing' of a total FLOP!!!!!

My comment was all about radio airplay which was clear to anyone with half a brain. It has done much better on radio than most will have expected (including me as I don't think the song is that great).
In terms of chart success, it's arguably done as well as any act of Morrissey's era could be expected which is clearly 'not very'. Streaming has changed the dynamics of the singles chart almost beyond recognition. Acts which are far more successful, commercially, than Morrissey are struggling to even get singles into the top 100. U2 only managed 92 with their recent single and Noel Gallagher, 69, with his. Liam Gallagher's just released the third biggest selling album of the year yet the single stalled outside the top 30. You're expecting and hoping the album to be a big commercial flop. You might still be right but probably best not to read too much into the single's chart position.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom