"Spent The Day In Bed" clear 7" vinyl released (UK, Oct. 27, 2017)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Oct 27, 2017.

By davidt on Oct 27, 2017 at 2:36 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Premium

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Looks great but there's a misprint (Dee Dee/Ramone). Oh well...
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    2. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      No direct mention of where the live track is from on the record.
      It does say recorded in Japan on side 2 and recorded in Italy on side 1.
      There were 3 record shops in B'ham selling it today - about 30 copies in total (compared to 2 copies of the 'naked' ITMAAP 7").
      Regards,
      FWD.
      Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It (clearly) says Tokyo. There were 2 live dates in Tokyo in 2016, and ‘Judy...’ was only played at 1 of them, as an encore.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Well that told me....
      They are normally a bit clearer on sources than 'Japan' on the vinyl itself. The fact there were 2 dates and they allude to neither is exactly my point (that isn't "clearly" - that's 'go look it up' which kind of defeats the object of sleeves & labels).
      Regards,
      FWD.
      Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    5. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      FWD - I think you may need some spectacles, good sir. It does say Tokyo on the back of the sleeve, at least in the photo on this thread. :)

How does the recording sound?
    6. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      the production credit is written so large !
    7. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      It absolutely does say Tokyo on the sleeve and just Japan on the right hand side of the vinyl itself.
      It just seems vague - no myopia here, just pointing out it doesn't say... Recorded at.... On...(specific date not year) in a way most of us would appreciate.
      I'm stuck in the cement anus that is B'ham city centre - I will comment on the recording later.
      I should also add - no copy I've held is completely clear and all have brown imperfections running through them - for the fussy ones (me included) - so 'sort of clear' vinyl.
      20171027_172310-min.jpg
      Hard to see - will sort when somewhere civilised...
      'Bunkamura Orchard Hall, Tokyo, Japan - 29th September, 2016' must have printing cost implications :)
      FWD.
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
      • Like Like x 2
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    8. billybu69
      billybu69
      Judy Is a Punk sounds like its been ripped from a phone, or youtube.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      that's what the kids like these days, must be aiming for a younger audience.;)
      • Funny Funny x 2
    10. NealCassidy
    11. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      So not just my copy, I thought there had been some sort of dirty protest.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Last chance for the song to get into the official Top 100 singles chart. I'm guessing it must have a chance, as so few people actually buy singles these days - surely they only need to shift a few hundred of the buggers?
    14. Vegan
      Vegan
      I wonder if the song will chart now. Should have done a cd single too
    15. famouswhendead
      famouswhendead
      Is it possible for someone who have vinyl player to make a mp3 with the B-Side ?
      Thanks in advance.
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      My copy just arrived - the vinyl is 99% clear - there is the smallest smudge of smudge of brown on there, but it's so tiny I wouldn't even have spotted it had the previous poster not mentioned it.

Whoever proof-read the sleeve (doesn't Morrissey himself give these things the once-over?)
      was having a bad day though - as well as the previously mentioned 'Dee Dee/Ramone' goof in the credits, there is also a rogue extra comma after Bill Inglot's name on the back sleeve. Also no runoff etching this time (beyond some random catalogue numbers).

Other than that - all good!
    17. Mr Delaney
      Mr Delaney
      My copy's vinyl is clear without blemishes, yay. "Judy Is a Punk" sounds quite good to me, both musically and fidelity-wise. Then again, I was raised on Velvet Underground live bootlegs :-D