"Spent The Day In Bed" chart position (not in UK Top 100 singles)

Just to confirm that 'Spent the Day in Bed' failed to chart in the UK last week. This is the first time a lead-off single from one of Morrissey's albums has failed to crack the Top 100 in the UK ('World Peace' managed to get to #83).

Do you think it might do better next week following the TV coverage on Jools Holland?

"this song, this song, was a huge hit NOWHERE and its called boxers" Morrissey wont take this well at all, boxers is 83million times better than stdib though

Different times, sadly. The way singles are released now is very different, of course; I don't think the vinyl version is even out yet, is it? I bought the album on iTunes and got the song the day it was first played. But I doubt this even counted as a sale for the single. This may nullify my opinion, but I am also a Beck fan (I apologise) and he hasn't had a single chart in the UK for over ten years. Anyway, as I have said elsewhere here, I think Spent The Day In Best is Morrissey's best single since First of the Gang,

I'm not sure the performance of singles matters much. The National recently had a number one album in the UK, and they haven't been in the singles top 100 for over a decade.

That's correct, no single in top 100 but last 3 albums have been no 5, no 3 and number 1. Same with New Order as someone else said, non of the Music Complete singles charted yet the album went straight to number 2. Also the same with James's last album. Things seem to have changed?

If you've read 'Autobiography' you'll know that Morrissey is obsessed with UK chart positions. He's still bitching about what position certain Smith's singles reached 30+ years later.

Here we go two, three, four !

One Steve Barnett !
There's only one Steve Barnett !
One Steve Barnett !

Super !
Super Kate !
Super !
Super Kate !
Super !
Super Kate !
Super Kate Middleton !

They're here !
They're there !
They're every 4kinwhere !
MI5 !
MI5 !

Shall I write a song ?
Shall I write a song ?
Shall I write a decent song for Steve ?
Shall I write a Numro uno for Steve ?

Walk on !
Walk on !
Super cop Raffaele Barone
And you'll never walk alone !
You'll never walk alone !

I may seem cold
Or I may even be
The most depressing person you have ever known
I am the last truly
British Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
You will ever know
Oh Steve :rolleyes:

#the writing zon the wall :cool:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

As it's been said multiple times now in this thread, Morrissey.

I think this used to be the case, as the angst in Autobiography suggests, but now I think he is more concerned with ticket sales. He even thanked the audience at Maida Vale for getting their tickets so quickly...am I right in thinking these were given away?

How much money does he make selling 10,000 singles compared to shifting 10,000 tickets? Singles are now an irrelevance. That makes me a little sad.

As it's been said multiple times now in this thread, Morrissey.

I'm sure part of him still does. But I'm also sure he understands that times have moved on. The way people buy and listen to music. STDIB has been available to listen to for free on YouTube, Facebook and twitter since it was premiered on the radio.

I'm sure part of him still does. But I'm also sure he understands that times have moved on. The way people buy and listen to music. STDIB has been available to listen to for free on YouTube, Facebook and twitter since it was premiered on the radio.

Are we talking about the same Morrissey? :p

He's going to blame the record company for poor performance.

Sam is going to have to photoshop 'f*** Etienne' on all their t shirts during the Jools performance. Oh wait.

He owns the label. He would only have himself to scream at. As from what I have read, this is his own label with BMG distro. If I am wrong someone please correct me. Hince the label name, "Steven" in French.

Well, Morrissey was Numero 3 on Spotify's 'Viral Top 50', and then just a few hours later, the "official" Morrissey twitter account tweeted, "Spent The Day In Bed" was featured in @SpotifyUK's 'New Music Friday' ..."
By the way, it is beautiful day, join me for cup of green tea and vegan jaffa cakes. Cheers.

Spasiba! My mouth waters. You have receipt for dees one? (I tink with cacao, da?)
XOX ANASTASIA XOX

Well, when the song is release physically it's gonna chart.
Only being available on streaming services will not make it be on the top.

Here we go two, three, four !

One Steve Barnett !
One Steve Barnett !

Super !
Super Kate !
Super !
Super Kate !
Super !
Super Kate !
Super Kate Middleton !

They're here !
They're there !
They're every 4kinwhere !
MI5 !
MI5 !

Shall I write a song ?
Shall I write a song ?
Shall I write a decent song for Steve ?
Shall I write a Numro uno for Steve ?

Walk on !
Walk on !
Super cop Raffaele Barone
And you'll never walk alone !
You'll never walk alone !

I may seem cold
Or I may even be
The most depressing person you have ever known
I am the last truly
British Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
You will ever know
Oh Steve :rolleyes:

#the writing zon the wall :cool:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

LOL

I'd buy my meat off ya any day.

Well, when the song is release physically it's gonna chart.
Only being available on streaming services will not make it be on the top.

Which is why I think it was a mistake not to release the physical copy at the same time as the digital copy. At this rate the second single will be available to download before the first singles are even shipped out.

Last edited:
It might make the vinyl charts but I don't think there's gonna be a cd single or that one would make a difference to the singles charts. Morrisseys new single has around six hundred thousand views on YouTube while Sam smiths, which was a number one, new song has around sixty seven million since sep 18

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom