Spencer Cobrin FB: Trump/Morrissey comments (June 21, 2020)

UPDATE June 21 2:25 PM PT:

Posted by Alexi:

55695_cf9699116da467b173fc4fa7ef1fbdc6.jpeg

20200621_061448.jpg
20200621_061856.jpg

20200621_070055.jpg
20200621_070127.jpg

20200621_070410.jpg

20200621_072102.jpg

There's activity in the comments section, but given this topic has been done to absolute death - I won't paste it all here.

Visit his FB page for more:
(Update: Spencer deactivated his FB account this afternoon after the apology).
Update:
The post was deleted around 2pm UK time.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
And J wants to bring his figs all pulpy and moist to M, right there on the table! and J doesn't care if people are so busy laughing at his ridiculous pavlovian loyalty that they can't find the time to listen to his (no doubt superb) music!
And no, J wouldn't like a Xanax!

-Oh well...Your loss, Mehico boy...-

Ew. Keep your fantasies to yourself.

The fact that Jesse talks about his racial discussions in light of being "a first generation Mexican American" is quite probably part of the issue. Morrissey is all over the place politically, and his views on race are certainly not clear-cut or even vaguely logical. When it comes to the US, he despises Trump and loves Mexicans, so comes across as an extreme left-winger. When it comes to the UK however, he seems to be the complete opposite, and is fiercely anti-immigration, pro-Farage, pro-Brexit, hates the Muslim London mayor because he 'talks funny', complains about the loss of English culture etc.

I can quite believe that two of Morrissey's bandmates have spent plenty of time with him, and come away with completely different views of his attitude towards race.

He's not fiercely anti-immigration, he's mentioned cultural change a couple of times, he doesn't support Farage, being rude about a London accent isn't hate & some left-wingers were pro-Brexit, even if Lexit never got the traction.

People endlessly overreact to a few things he's said over 40 years, while ignoring all the hundreds of other things he's said that counter or mitigate it.

There is some history. Apparently Spencer is Jewish and Morrissey had a few words about that back in the day. If that were the case, then this all makes sense...

It would, if he hadn't said he didn't have a problem with Morrissey. He was just calling out the China remarks, as if they've got anything to do with International relations. Trump hasn't picked China out of a hat. They're the 2 most powerful nations & they have issues with each other.

The fact that Jesse talks about his racial discussions in light of being "a first generation Mexican American" is quite probably part of the issue. Morrissey is all over the place politically, and his views on race are certainly not clear-cut or even vaguely logical. When it comes to the US, he despises Trump and loves Mexicans, so comes across as an extreme left-winger. When it comes to the UK however, he seems to be the complete opposite, and is fiercely anti-immigration, pro-Farage, pro-Brexit, hates the Muslim London mayor because he 'talks funny', complains about the loss of English culture etc.

I can quite believe that two of Morrissey's bandmates have spent plenty of time with him, and come away with completely different views of his attitude towards race.

Cause one is still on the payroll?

As a particular quote has been cited several times, here's its source:

"How did you meet Spencer?
I used to work at this cafe in the East Village and he’d come in every day and I used to think he was the surliest f***ing bastard. And when you work a job like that, it can really get to you. He’d come in with his English accent, ‘give me a latte.’ No good morning, no please, no nothing. So after months of that, I had this friend who told me she knew this guy Spencer who was a musician and she thought we’d get on really well and that we ought to meet. And when I finally met him, I think it was after a show somewhere, I was like, ‘Oh god. it’s this f***ing guy.’ But once we started talking I liked him immediately. And then I realized he was Spencer Cobrin and I was impressed by the fact that he worked with Morrissey for seven years.
Did you get to ever meet Morrissey through Spencer?
No, I mean, they’d been feuding for ages. Still are.
Do you have any good Morrissey stories?
(laughs) Yeah, I got one. I don’t know if I should be telling this. Well, O.K., so Spencer and I were writing together in his apartment in the East Village one afternoon–and Spencer spoke liberally to me about his experiences with Morrissey, that he’s kind of an intense, strange person, and there are rumors that he’s a racist–not that I really believe it, maybe he just uses racist remarks to shock or whatever. Or maybe I’m just still a fan and I’m creating excuses for him. Anyway, at that stage in Morrissey’s life–this was the late 90s–he was big into faxing. It’s very ominous, faxing. I mean, there’s this big, scary machine sitting there and suddenly it just beeps and the grr grr grr of the paper coming through, it’s really a little frightening! So Spencer and I are writing a song together and off goes the fax machine in the other room. And Spencer goes in there and it’s Morrissey faxing to see if he can use this song that he and Spencer wrote together. I think Morrissey owed Spencer money then and things were all out of sorts. So Spencer faxes him back and says, you know, sorry mate but I don’t think that’d be best until we’ve got all the rights sorted out, et cetera, et cetera. And he comes back into the living room and he and I are pling-plonging away on our guitars. Then, after a little while, we hear beep! grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr and we both look at each other and Spencer goes in to get the fax, and he comes back with this piece of paper in his hands and in big, black letters scrolled across the page it reads, ‘YOUR LOSS JEW BOY.’ It was like a death threat the way it looked! (laughs) Poor Spencer, he was just devastated. He’s very sensitive, too. I think after that he and I just went to a bar, did some drugs, drank beer for ten hours."

Full interview:
Chadwick Moore/Scott Matthew/Butt Magazine/2010

Regards,
FWD.

It hasn't. The Spencer/Moz drama has been kicking around forever.
its been kicking around forever but this is the first time he has publicly came out and had a dig,thus the apology.

this fax is as mysterious as area 51,another of these things that will never see the light of day,if he had brass balls and needed money he would get a hundred grand from a daily rag,and the opportunity to really end Ms career,iv mentioned many times on here,this fax doesnt exist,final point this story comes from someone who said we went to a bar and did drugs and drank for ten hours,this guy would be very reliable in court.douche of all bags.

Last edited:
just noticed the article is from BUTT magazine, the community for international homosexuals,thats a bit of a mouthful,ahh the gays always ramming it down your throat.

just noticed the article is from BUTT magazine, the community for international homosexuals,thats a bit of a mouthful,ahh the gays always ramming it down your throat.
Because straight people never force their sexuality on anyone with their violently heterosexual advertisements or their open display of affection for one another in public or their sexist aesthetics...

Morrissey is all over the place politically, and his views on race are certainly not clear-cut or even vaguely logical. When it comes to the US, he despises Trump and loves Mexicans, so comes across as an extreme left-winger. When it comes to the UK however, he seems to be the complete opposite, and is fiercely anti-immigration, pro-Farage, pro-Brexit, hates the Muslim London mayor because he 'talks funny', complains about the loss of English culture etc.

Since when did being pro-Brexit make you an extreme right-winger?
Seems you need to go read something, apart from pop star or twitter related drivel.

Because straight people never force their sexuality on anyone with their violently heterosexual advertisements or their open display of affection for one another in public or their sexist aesthetics...
well they will call it butt magazine,may as well have called it insert cock here,get a grip,get a life,it was a joke,move on, have a nice day.

I am still surprised that the Morrissey fax "YOUR LOSS JEW BOY" was accepted so uncomplainingly in the Morrissey community. Morrissey asks if he can use a song that Spencer co-wrote and he replies that the credits need to be cleared first. What Morrissey replies is also aimed at stirring up the worst prejudices that jews are mainly merchants and traders. Since this happened in the late 90s, it could actually be IHTWTWYS, which he then put on new music for Quarry. I assume that Scott Matthew's descriptions are true.

Naked "private shots" with Morrissey in a hotel room 1991 ad some extra spice to this piquant affair.

Last edited:
well they will call it butt magazine,may as well have called it insert cock here,get a grip,get a life,it was a joke,move on, have a nice day.
Jesus, I was trying to be cheeky. The name of the magazine is supposed to be funny, no need to get offended.

Yeah that Muslim mayor does talk funny though.
Does he f***. What specifically is strange about the way he talks?

Sadiq Khan does not "talk funny" and Morrissey never said he did. Morrissey said that he "can't even speak properly". Khan speaks like most Londoners. Morrissey just expects authority figures to be posh.

I am still surprised that the Morrissey fax "YOUR LOSS JEW BOY" was accepted so uncomplainingly in the Morrissey community. Morrissey asks if he can use a song that Spencer co-wrote and he replies that the credits need to be cleared first. What Morrissey replies is also aimed at stirring up the worst prejudices that jews are mainly merchants and traders. Since this happened in the late 90s, it could actually be IHTWTWYS, which he then put on new music for Quarry. I assume that Scott Matthew's descriptions are true.

Naked "private shots" with Morrissey in a hotel room 1991 ad some extra spice to this piquant affair.

Is there private shots????

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom