"Speedway" at Madison Square Garden video by Sam Esty Rayner

So, I might be in the minority (and I DO understand the backlash, given the importance of "Speedway"), but I actually like Gustavo doing the closing vocals, having seen it in the current arrangement live 4 times, and now with the video. Maybe it's just that it's different.

this.

gustavo seems warm and charming person. bits of stage fright makes him look irresistibly modest.

apart from this, his playing is human, warm, genuine, soulful - these sort of musicians i always loved the most. :love:

Thanks for posting. Moz's voice in this video is just perfect - his voice today is almost too good, bigger and stronger than ever but I much prefer his voice from a few years ago.

For me, it isn't even the voice. It was great then, and great now. It's when he delivers a song with minimal passion. That's my greatest source of apprehension with him. Spending money and time to go see him, only to have it be one of those nights where he just phones it in. Anyone who has seen him repeatedly over the years has likely caught one of those nights, and it is frustrating knowing that he's fully capable of greatness.

For me, it isn't even the voice. It was great then, and great now. It's when he delivers a song with minimal passion. That's my greatest source of apprehension with him. Spending money and time to go see him, only to have it be one of those nights where he just phones it in. Anyone who has seen him repeatedly over the years has likely caught one of those nights, and it is frustrating knowing that he's fully capable of greatness.

I don't see it as minimal passion as you put it. Just as good days and bad days which every human being has. And Moz is a human being. It may be frustrating for me in the heat of the moment but later I sit back and think that I don't want him to EVER give us the Beyonce, or whatever, even he's not feeling up to it which you simply can't every single day.

It's definitely all Boz. What he plays is a very simplified version of what is played on the recording and live by Matt.

Yes, it´s Boz, and it loses a lot of power, drums at the end of speedway are top, with Boz it sound amateur.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom