Special Guest at the gig 23/05/09 - Noise is the Best Revenge

Re: Special Guest at the gig tonight.

Didn't Marr comment on proposed Smiths reformation a few years ago saying

" I am not rich enough not to seriously consider that proposition"

Lets face it even a Marr/Moz tour alone without the other two would sell out evry venue booked withing minutes and probably generate £5m each from promoters etc...

The ONLY thing stopping this is Morrissey.

So why then would Marr think

" Yeah no problem I'll just come to your birthday bash and play a few tunes just to keep everyone happy"

Doesnt this rumour start at every major Moz gig and leads to ......Nothing!

The 45th birthday gig was nothing special with average setlist and no surprises so why do you think tonight will be any different. Booking Manc on his birthday is probably more to do with spending time with his family rather than keeping fans happy!

I think there would have been more chance of someone like Noel Gallagher appearing.....If he wasnt in South America!

no-one really wants a Smiths reunion. not Moz not Marr, not even (most of) the fans.
but Moz and Marr doing something musical together sometime is a completely different kettle of fish, and well within the realms...

Last edited:

I was 'informed' of this on Wednesday, said he was playing 'This Charming Man' and then going off.

I decided not to put the rumour up on here as didnt want to look daft afterwards in the non event of it happening.

Jukebox Jury

bigmouths strike again...... What i mean is, if i had any info, id keep ir to myself cos it makes sum people worked up and its just silly and pountless. If it happen great suprise, if not no harm done.....

.....Just As long as the Birthday Boy himself actually turns up ( .... I/we will be only 2 hours stuck in traffic getting there.... but that's Stiil a LONG time without any "News" of His Master's Illlness.....( ...Anything can happen in the next Half hour, as some puppet once said........ but 2 Hours is not as long as some fans have travelled....Hi Australian Lady!!!)
I couldn't really shive a Git who the "Alleged" guest is..........just as long as I don't see another "Tonights Performance Cancelled" sign on a theatre door .....EVER.....
Happy Birthday Morrissey! Hope all goes well for tonight ....

And yes, for the "Pedantics" on here, I already know that I use too many " " 's (..How d'ya actually Quote a "Quotation " sign anyway????) ...and LOADS of "Dots"........
So sue me....... see ya soon!!!
PS Nugz, ....Not drunk today!!! (... I Will be later though....whatever happens.....but forever sociable, ...as always......)
Enjoy the gig!!
Bezzies to all.....
Dave.

I was 'informed' of this on Wednesday, said he was playing 'This Charming Man' and then going off.

I decided not to put the rumour up on here as didnt want to look daft afterwards in the non event of it happening.

Jukebox Jury
Who informed you of this? Someone in the know?

If I were going to the show tonight, I wouldn't want the surprise ruined if Marr were to show up and play. The surprise would be like Moz giving the audience one of his birthday presents.

I'd be more excited if Alain showed up, truthfully.

Jukebox Jury

it could fairly easily have been kept a secret in the old days but, alas, in this era of instant digital communication, not a flipping chance!

I'd be more excited if Alain showed up, truthfully.

Exactly right. Of the two, Alain is the safer choice. Because Alain can play Johnny's tunes and people in the audience will nod their heads and clap appreciatively.

God forbid Johnny Marr should ever be given a few of Alain Whyte's tunes to play onstage.

....I Just Saw Norman Wisdom on a bus... heading to Ardwick....he had a Ukelle case.....and He was humming "Frankly, Mr. Grimsdale".....

Last edited:

Exactly right. Of the two, Alain is the safer choice. Because Alain can play Johnny's tunes and people in the audience will nod their heads and clap appreciatively.

God forbid Johnny Marr should ever be given a few of Alain Whyte's tunes to play onstage.

:confused: What does that mean?

.....Just As long as the Birthday Boy himself actually turns up ( .... I/we will be only 2 hours stuck in traffic getting there.... but that's Stiil a LONG time without any "News" of His Master's Illlness.....( ...Anything can happen in the next Half hour, as some puppet once said........ but 2 Hours is not as long as some fans have travelled....Hi Australian Lady!!!)
I couldn't really shive a Git who the "Alleged" guest is..........just as long as I don't see another "Tonights Performance Cancelled" sign on a theatre door .....EVER.....
Happy Birthday Morrissey! Hope all goes well for tonight ....

And yes, for the "Pedantics" on here, I already know that I use too many " " 's (..How d'ya actually Quote a "Quotation " sign anyway????) ...and LOADS of "Dots"........
So sue me....... see ya soon!!!
PS Nugz, ....Not drunk today!!! (... I Will be later though....whatever happens.....but forever sociable, ...as always......)
Enjoy the gig!!
Bezzies to all.....
Dave.

Seven shows in the next nine days? You can bet your ass it's going to happen. I can't even believe he agreed to that insane schedule. While some might think it the case his real THROAT is not a miracle worker, even in his home country. So retarded. :mad:

ooohhh I would not ask for a single thing for Christmas and my bday if this happens... :)

I have a feeling it's just going to be a nice concert with Morrissey in a tux and good spirits.

No chance, no special special guests tonight.

Watch for the Moz/Marr reunion in 2010 or 2011.

is that a hunch or inside information, about tonight?
I would defo bet a large amount of cash that they'll do something together by end of 2011...

Back
Top Bottom