Special Guest at the gig 23/05/09 - Noise is the Best Revenge

Re: Special Guest at the gig tonight.

Morrissey has lined up a concert in his home town on May 22nd and you think he's not nostalgic about his birthday? You're having a giraffe, mate!

We'll see..... but Marr won't be doing anything that's for sure!!

No,not totally improbable I agree.The thing that I can't understand is Morrissey was a huge fan of the NYD in his youth, not unlike many of his fans now who have seen him develop from The Smiths and he brought about the reconciliation of the NYD so surely he must understand how every one feels about "The Smiths", that's why I suggest he's not nostalgic about his 50th

yeah, although not totally improbable, I still think it's a bit unlikely.
I'd say there's about a 32% chance it'll happen...

Ok. The Dealer has dealt us 32. What do you say? Higher or Lower?

bruce460.jpg

Or do you want to change that card?

Ok. The Dealer has dealt us 32. What do you say? Higher or Lower?

bruce460.jpg

Or do you want to change that card?

eh vvvv vvvvv vvvvvv vvvvvv "HIGHER!"

Its another KING!

You get nothing for a pair......

Didn't Marr comment on proposed Smiths reformation a few years ago saying

" I am not rich enough not to seriously consider that proposition"

Lets face it even a Marr/Moz tour alone without the other two would sell out evry venue booked withing minutes and probably generate £5m each from promoters etc...

The ONLY thing stopping this is Morrissey.

So why then would Marr think

" Yeah no problem I'll just come to your birthday bash and play a few tunes just to keep everyone happy"

Doesnt this rumour start at every major Moz gig and leads to ......Nothing!

The 45th birthday gig was nothing special with average setlist and no surprises so why do you think tonight will be any different. Booking Manc on his birthday is probably more to do with spending time with his family rather than keeping fans happy!

I think there would have been more chance of someone like Noel Gallagher appearing.....If he wasnt in South America!

Didn't Marr comment on proposed Smiths reformation a few years ago saying

" I am not rich enough not to seriously consider that proposition"

Lets face it even a Marr/Moz tour alone without the other two would sell out evry venue booked withing minutes and probably generate £5m each from promoters etc...

The ONLY thing stopping this is Morrissey.

So why then would Marr think

" Yeah no problem I'll just come to your birthday bash and play a few tunes just to keep everyone happy"

Doesnt this rumour start at every major Moz gig and leads to ......Nothing!

The 45th birthday gig was nothing special with average setlist and no surprises so why do you think tonight will be any different. Booking Manc on his birthday is probably more to do with spending time with his family rather than keeping fans happy!

I think there would have been more chance of someone like Noel Gallagher appearing.....If he wasnt in South America!

:thumb:Agree!

Should we start taking bets now?

The losing side has to post photoshops of themselves doing humiliating things with Mike Joyce.

Well a 50th birthday is supposed to be more "special" than say a 45th....but I just don't buy Johnny showing. If the "will the Smiths reunite" rumours weren't "bugging" him enough, playing with Morrissey would just put those rumours at insane levels.

yeah, although not totally improbable, I still think it's a bit unlikely.
I'd say there's about a 32% chance it'll happen...
32% chance eh? i recon there is a 96% chance you're living in cloud cuckoo land...

Well a 50th birthday is supposed to be more "special" than say a 45th....but I just don't buy Johnny showing. If the "will the Smiths reunite" rumours weren't "bugging" him enough, playing with Morrissey would just put those rumours at insane levels.

They enjoy insane rumor levels. It makes for good publicity.

Well, it's not Sandie Shaw.

Hi Sandie,

I'm the lead singer for a band called Doll and The Kicks and we are supporting Morrissey on his upcoming European Tour (starting in about 3 weeks!).

I know that you did a version of Hand in Glove with The Smiths and we wanted to do something special for Moz on his birthday concert which is at The Manchester Apollo on either the 22nd or the 23rd of May and we wondered if you would be interested in performing it as a duet with me and my band?

Even if you are not available it would be great to hear back from you, if you want to check out our band its;

www.myspace.com/dollandthekicks

Hannah

x

Hi Hannah
Well fancy that!
This is a really sweet idea. I am sure Morrissey would be bowled over BUT I am in France right now and will not be back in time to make this birthday gesture with you.
It is a great opportunity to support on this European tour. I hope it goes really well for you. You seem to be coming from the right place. Morrissey is very lucky to have you! Please give hime my best regards on his birthday. Tell him he can borrow my zimmer whenever he likes!
Best wishes
Sandie Shaw

Someone get down to William Hill quick.;)

Back
Top Bottom