Special Guest at the gig 23/05/09 - Noise is the Best Revenge

Re: Special Guest at the gig tonight.

Well, Mr. New user, if you are right, then we're in for a treat. Otherwise it's another on the list of 'wouldn't it be great if so-and-so happened'. I'd prefer the former.

Peter

Been told that Johnny Marr will be playing at the gig tonight.

Hope its true. :thumb:

i heard the initials JM being bandied around too - my guess is it's James Maker , who is gonna reprise his pre Bez Bez dancing routine from '83 .

hope everyone has a great night - enjoy it !

I also heard that Labour are going to win the next genreal election, West Ham are going to win the league and Frank Sinatra is going todo one more tour.

Cant tell you who told me, but they're usually very reliable (bet you knew i would say that).

Anyway i hope it turns out to be true, gutted i couldnt make it tonight, ive got to work :(

there's a v good chance of it happening.
Moz and Marr haven't been on better terms since 1987.
I wonder how it would work from a logistical point of view tho e.g would he be an extra guitarist?

If...and IF it's true, I might just do a wee with excitement!

Shouldn't be much of a hassle for someone to 'step aside' to let Johnny have a go!:blushing:

My *dream* ....err...view...is that
Moz does a wildly different set, what with him being back home, on his birthday and JM appears....and it'll all be very special including:
The More You Ignore Me
November Spawned a Monster
This Charming Man (naturally)
Headmaster Ritual
Oh all sorts of lovely oldies.

However, I'm not off to the bookies just yet to waste my money on such a wild bet! :crazy::lbf:

Well a Warner Music Marketing Director i know told me 6 months ago that this would indeed happen... I just dont believe it. (BTW She worked with Johnny on the Smiths reissue). She was also in correspondance via email with Morrissey.

I just dont know if i ever vcould believe this and in truth Im not fussed either way. just Roll on next Thursday when I shall be screaming the house down at Brixton like the teenage girl I am.

(Cant believe i broke my promise to myself to contribute to the Soap Opera that is "Will Johnny Marr ever stand on stage with Moz ever again - forgive me..)

Stu

it really would't be such a massive deal if Marr did come on stage tonight.
it would be fantastic for the fans but it's not ridiculously improbable.
Moz and Marr never hated each other (as some people make out) and have always been on reasonable terms, better in the last few years than at any time since the 80's.
Ironically, Joyce Michael's legal action has probably kept them closer than they would otherwise be.
So if Marr does appear tonight, let's all raise a glass to Joyce Michael, and then promptly throw the glass at him!

... But isn't Johnny in Los Angeles at the moment? I thought he was doing something with The Cribs out there. Is he back in the UK? Does anyone know?

... But isn't Johnny in Los Angeles at the moment? I thought he was doing something with The Cribs out there. Is he back in the UK? Does anyone know?

According to Mozsupportsrovers' mate, Johnny was spotted at Manchester airport with a guitar case yesterday. Oooooh, the plot thinnens!

I don't think there's any chance this'll happen and all those going tonight seem to think that because it's his birthday, even his 50th at that something is going to happen? Why? do you think Moz is nostalgic about his birthday? Not the Moz I know, he'd not be bothered:confused:

According to Mozsupportsrovers' mate, Johnny was spotted at Manchester airport with a guitar case yesterday. Oooooh, the plot thinnens!

Oh, wow. That gave me kind of a little tummy lurch. I'm so torn! On one hand I would love that to happen, but OMG, if it happens and I'm not there, how will I ever stop slapping myself for not going? D:

I'll literally shit my pants.

I don't think there's any chance this'll happen and all those going tonight seem to think that because it's his birthday, even his 50th at that something is going to happen? Why? do you think Moz is nostalgic about his birthday? Not the Moz I know, he'd not be bothered:confused:

Ya think? He's a terribly sentimental person. I think the idea of being 50 might just hit him harder than you'd think.

Morrissey has lined up a concert in his home town on May 22nd and you think he's not nostalgic about his birthday? You're having a giraffe, mate!

Back
Top Bottom