Special Guest at the gig 23/05/09 - Noise is the Best Revenge

Re: Special Guest at the gig tonight.

If he was seen at the airport, would that be unusual? Maybe he has something on at Salford uni again? He teaches there from time to time.

Maybe Morrissey won't even be at the show, he'll just be a hologram and then Johnny Marr gets up there and plays with the hologram but really he's deluded and playing with himself and so it's not really a reunion at all but all of the crowd is dupped into thinking it is, like walking on the moon at the Apollo? Meanwhile Morrissey's at home with me in my arms. :sweet:

(I really need to get a more productive hobby than thinking I mean a thing to Morrissey :o)

You been smoking the wacky backy?

I think it would be great if Marr showed up tomorrow night and sang, "it's not your birthday anymore"

I just found out who will be the special guest:

peteburns.jpg

Last edited:

Ooooooh the suspense! I am so excited for tonight and I`m not even there. Don`t think Johnny Marr will be there. It would be cool if he sang with Chrissie Hynde though.

Its killing me to find out what the set list will be and if there are indeed any surprises. What time is the show in Manchester? I'm a big enough of a nerd to check someone's Twitter updates if someone is posting them from the show.

I hope this happens, but i cant see it.
However if he doesnt play TCM first in his set tonight then who knows.
TCM as an encore with JM........................stopit im getting carried away with it all but, but,but,:)

Been told that Johnny Marr will be playing at the gig tonight.

Hope its true. :thumb:

... But isn't Johnny in Los Angeles at the moment? I thought he was doing something with The Cribs out there. Is he back in the UK? Does anyone know?

According to Mozsupportsrovers' mate, Johnny was spotted at Manchester airport with a guitar case yesterday. Oooooh, the plot thinnens!

I hope it's true, even for one song. :) The Cribs, including Johnny, are back in the UK after three months of recording in LA. Good planning! ;)

I hope this happens, but i cant see it.
However if he doesnt play TCM first in his set tonight then who knows.
TCM as an encore with JM........................stopit im getting carried away with it all but, but,but,:)

So with you on that. TCM is easily one of the best songs ever and as much as it was fun seeing Moz with the current band playing it, hearing the Marr guitar version like on the record...I would have tears of joy seeing that.

Hmmm, maybe it is happening then. Of course i'd be slightly annoyed if this happened when i'm not there to witness it but I only have myself to blame for that. I always thought that if this did happen though it would have been done on the quiet i.e. not Morrissey's 50th birthday gig which has been hyped up so much, just at a normal show so it would have been a much bigger surprise. I'm slightly worried that i'm not as excited about this as I should be. Is there something wrong with me?!

You been smoking the wacky backy?

I don't do drugs. I'm so special I have other people do them for me. :p

Ooooooh the suspense! I am so excited for tonight and I`m not even there. Don`t think Johnny Marr will be there. It would be cool if he sang with Chrissie Hynde though.

Same thing, but it would be nice to see them sing their duet together.

if anything exciting DOES happen (even if its just the long awaited return of "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy") I hope to view it tomorrow morning on You Tube over my Saturday morning French Roast.

Have fun everyone! :guitar:

No chance, no special special guests tonight.

Watch for the Moz/Marr reunion in 2010 or 2011.

We've been being told this for how many years now? :rolleyes:

I have a feeling it's just going to be a nice concert with Morrissey in a tux and good spirits.

:) I was thinking this too. He looks dashing in a tux. Frankly, I think a Sinatra cover is in order for tonight. It'd be lovely. But not "My Way." Something less tacky. Or at least "You Were Good in Your Time" or "Birthday." :D

Maybe Morrissey won't even be at the show, he'll just be a hologram and then Johnny Marr gets up there and plays with the hologram but really he's deluded and playing with himself and so it's not really a reunion at all but all of the crowd is dupped into thinking it is, like walking on the moon at the Apollo? Meanwhile Morrissey's at home with me in my arms. :sweet:

(I really need to get a more productive hobby than thinking I mean a thing to Morrissey :o)

This post belongs in the pigsty! :p

is that a hunch or insi
No chance, no special special guests tonight.

Watch for the Moz/Marr reunion in 2010 or 2011.

is that a hunch or inside information, about tonight?
I would defo bet a large amount of cash that they'll do something together by end of 2011...

Tonight is the perfect night to start their reunion tour, even if for one song, even if it won't be for years. There wouldn't be any big money made tonight if Johnny does does shows up, only a gracious nod to Moz on his 50th birthday. Who wouldn't want that?

Back
Top Bottom