Special Ed. DVD -- Hilarious (spoilers!)

King Leer

Leering since '97
Just watched the DVD included with the special edition (see attached screen grabs).

You've seen some of the clips online. It's a three-camera HD shoot in Russell's very nice abode, whose previous residents included Diana Ross and Bette Davis.

Other topics include meat (they're sitting on those chairs because Moz refused to sit in a leather recliner), the nature of fame, the difficulty of finding good music in Manchester of the 70s, Morrissey's pre-quiff shag hair and the Roundhouse gig debacle, about which Morrissey makes an hilarious dig at Brand. No mention of The Smiths at all and no real YoR content to speak of!

By the end it goes off the rails and Moz starts clapping his hands and demanding Russell sing a song, with Morrissey calling his cardigan "fetching" and saying he has dancer's legs.

They have some kind of rapport, that's for sure.

Attachments

• wrestle2.jpg
    wrestle2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 141
Thanks, King Leer, really enjoyed those two screen shots!

It looks like Moz is really letting loose/acting silly there....I'm sure there are very few people who can bring that out in Morrissey, and Russell is one of them.

the Roundhouse gig debacle, about which Morrissey makes an hilarious dig at Brand. .

Care to give us more details about the Roundhouse? I have not heard/read anything from Moz's side about those cancellations, except the apologies issued on the internet when it happened. Thanks.

Oh he didn't talk about his own "throat problem" but Russell expressed shock at being pelted with missiles and that it was "a lesson". Morrissey then goes on to say that the lesson is that just because "you're a wow and a wiz on one stage doesn't mean you can hop over to another stage and be a wow and a wiz". The way he says it and gesticulates had me laughing out loud.

Care to give us more details about the Roundhouse? I have not heard/read anything from Moz's side about those cancellations, except the apologies issued on the internet when it happened. Thanks.

A forensic recap, but it's all very humorous, really.

Russell thinks of himself as a Morrissey/Smiths fan and said it was a bit naive of him to go on that stage and announce to other Morrissey fans what was going on only to be greeted by missiles. Morrissey then puts it as if he went off stage so that Russell could go on it. Russell stresses that he is the representative of Morrissey fans in this conversation and asks him to give answers to his questions, because this is to be included in the DVD and should be informative.

There is so much going on during these 20 minutes, I have watched it about 6 times now and still didn't get all of it.

After watching the DVD this morning I put some comments on the Wrestling With Russell thread, but will repeat a couple here as this seems to be the main one now;). It is a fantastic thing to watch, and I too have now watched it about 6 times and that isnt enough:)

I thought the falling over on his stool was to die for. Also loved that Morrissey refused to sit on the leather chair that Russell offered him:thumb:

They had a long conversation about animals and Moz refused to be drawn on his comment about slaughterhouses being similar to the Holocaust. A comment Russell clearly didnt agree with himself, but when he tried to discuss this with Moz he was sidelined in the way only Moz can. Also worth mentioning that Russell has the 'Let Me Kiss You' picture, framed above his fireplace:):guitar:.

I'm gonna make myself a nice cup of coffee and I'm gonna watch it now. Looking forward to it!

I kept away from this thread because I wanted to be surprised and I was! :lbf:
The end is really funny - with brand on one knee and moz laughing and being silly, I think you're gonna sing now! :guffaw:

Just watched the DVD included with the special edition (see attached screen grabs).

You've seen some of the clips online. It's a three-camera HD shoot in Russell's very nice abode, whose previous residents included Diana Ross and Bette Davis.

Other topics include meat (they're sitting on those chairs because Moz refused to sit in a leather recliner), the nature of fame, the difficulty of finding good music in Manchester of the 70s, Morrissey's pre-quiff shag hair and the Roundhouse gig debacle, about which Morrissey makes an hilarious dig at Brand. No mention of The Smiths at all and no real YoR content to speak of!

By the end it goes off the rails and Moz starts clapping his hands and demanding Russell sing a song, with Morrissey calling his cardigan "fetching" and saying he has dancer's legs.

They have some kind of rapport, that's for sure.

Is this video on YouTube yet?

I really enjoyed the interview, I think that Russell really brings out Morrisseys fun side! They seem very relaxed in each others company. lovely.

I was dreading this after watching the clip on itsmorrisseyworld, was pleasantly surprised by it. I actually found it quite funny at the end.

YOR Deluxe Edition with Look At Me, I Am Russell Brand interview

I really really really can not stand Russell Brand. Do i have to like him because he likes Morrissey? Seriously, he is so full of himself it is pathetic. The DVD interview turned out to be about Russell Brand. In the end it was disgusting how Russell Brand tried to make it all about himself. Such an attention seeker. He is honest: he wants to be famous. It is not going to happen in the USA Russell. Get over yourself.

Anyone agree?? Disagree? Have you seen the It Is All About Me, Russell Brand dvd extra in the deluxe edition?

Re: YOR Deluxe Edition with Look At Me, I Am Russell Brand interview

obv you dunt hafta like him just because he likes morrrissey. the same way i think bono is a right twat. bono likes morrissey right?

I really really really can not stand Russell Brand. Do i have to like him because he likes Morrissey? Seriously, he is so full of himself it is pathetic. The DVD interview turned out to be about Russell Brand. In the end it was disgusting how Russell Brand tried to make it all about himself. Such an attention seeker. He is honest: he wants to be famous. It is not going to happen in the USA Russell. Get over yourself.

Anyone agree?? Disagree? Have you seen the It Is All About Me, Russell Brand dvd extra in the deluxe edition?

Is that you Russell??:blushing:..looking for compliments are we ??

btw if you look below you will see a couple of lengthy threads covering the topic of the interview, which the large majority of fans enjoyed, myself included. I personally thought he brought the lovely relaxed side of Moz out:):)

Russell had his chance to break in America when he hosted an MTV awards show. There were commercials with him & Britney Spears and everything! I didn't see that show, but I heard from a few people that he was dreadfully aweful. Sometimes it works out like that. So he hasn't become a household name since, and I doubt he will.

It's too bad if he takes away from the interview with Moz, but I'll just try to ignore he's in it at all when I finally get to see it.

- J

obv you dunt hafta like him just because he likes morrrissey. the same way i think bono is a right twat. bono likes morrissey right?

Bono is nice to everyone so yes. I assume he likes Morrissey.

Tags
oh emma russell brand
Back
Top Bottom