Southpaw Grammer Knocked Out

What does this mean in laywoman's terms?

Is it now considered "out of print" or something? I didnt even know it was reissued!!! :D

Curious as to why he'd report this if he's trying to attract the attention of a label. But perhaps the reason is fairly obvious, and I'm just missing it..

Digging around/trying to remember but what exactly from the Miraval sessions has leaked and what is known to exist and hasn't leaked?
And what do we not know whether it was ever recorded? "Buddy Buried Deeply", "Snake Curves Silently", and "In Control Of Dame Dominance"?

Stephane you're probably reluctant to say what you've heard but can't give out as you'll have people jumping all over you, but any insights?

Well.. now it's time to buy Maladjusted re-issue 'cos it's goona be "out of print" quite soon.

No more Reissues , no more please ...
Cheers Moz

Interesting... I would have thought that the original Southpaw Grammar would be the one to get deleted, as Morrissey seemed to want the re-issue to be considered the "definitive" edition. Obviously, then, this was out of his control. I wonder why this has been deleted, but the Maladjusted re-issue, which charted lower, is still being pressed (for now at least)?

I'm surprised to say this, because I hate the idea of tampering with the original track order (even changing the cover is strictly off-limits to me), but I think this is a great shame. The moment I listened to the Southpaw Grammar re-issue, I was in awe. Perhaps it's because I always thought that Southpaw Grammar was a good, but flawed, album, so that the re-issue just worked for me. I've even since given away my original and now listen to this as if it's the "proper" way to listen to it, having gone so far as to remove "Expanded Edition" from the title in my iTunes library, so that it's simply "Southpaw Grammar". I'm, however, completely uninterested in the Maladjusted re-issue. Sad... Southpaw Grammar, it seems, will always be an under-appreciated album.

Are these, uh...are these the rumored titles of actual Morrissey songs?

Yes. Someone mentioned them to me somewhere in the mid-90s along with "Satan Rejected My Soul" before its release. Not sure if they were supposed to be Miraval sessions though. I think lyrics to Buddy once surfaced but I can't remember if they were fake or not.

"Buddy Buried Deeply", "Snake Curves Silently", and "In Control Of Dame Dominance"?
Stephane you're probably reluctant to say what you've heard but can't give out as you'll have people jumping all over you, but any insights?

I thought thoses tracks were rumoured outtakes from the Maladjusted sessions? I don't think they really exist. The one thing that seems possible are 2 tracks which were once on an advanced Promo Cassette of Maladjusted (I am not worth hitting was one of them if my memory serves me right?). A word from Stephane would be appreciated massively.

Still, I don't believe he will revamp SG for a second time.

Last edited:
And what do we not know whether it was ever recorded? "Buddy Buried Deeply", "Snake Curves Silently", and "In Control Of Dame Dominance"?

Do you find those titles sound like Morrissey titles?

Digging around/trying to remember but what exactly from the Miraval sessions has leaked

Only "Reader Meet Author". And "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" and "Honey You Know Where To Find Me" were released on the Southpaw Grammar redux a few years ago.

Stephane

Good.

It should have been:
CD 1=original album & b-sides
CD 2=demos, miraval sessions, any unreleased stuff from the era, live songs

Do you find those titles sound like Morrissey titles?

Only "Reader Meet Author". And "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" and "Honey You Know Where To Find Me" were released on the Southpaw Grammar redux a few years ago.

Stephane

Only the first one. I'll take your question to mean you know they're just proto-trolling from the 90s. Someone said the third title was a song about Bowie (with Morrissey's track record it's actually quite surprising he never wrote a thinly-veiled song attack on Dave after the failed tour. Someone said You Were Good in Your Time was about him. A gentler Get Off the Stage, like).

Of course know about the tracks on the Southpaw re-release -- just thought there was something else other than Reader that had leaked. Maybe was thinking of Laughing Anne.

Low-pressure question -- is it feasible the other Miraval stuff will ever see the light of day or is it an impossibility?
Higher-pressure question -- have you heard any of it?

As most know Stephane has everything (or just about), regarding the Miraval sessions you can search these forums for a complete list of what was recorded that hasn't been released (as posted by Stephane). I very much doubt these will be released.

Back
Top Bottom