Southpaw Grammar/Maladjusted reissues

I just picked up the Australian copy of the SG re-issue was very disappointed that the CD doesn't have the etching of "the heart is a lonely hunter" on it, like Passions... said it would. Stupid Sony Music.

Otherwise, I'm loving "The Boy Racer" as the opening track.

I just picked up the Australian copy of the SG re-issue was very disappointed that the CD doesn't have the etching of "the heart is a lonely hunter" on it, like Passions... said it would. Stupid Sony Music.

Otherwise, I'm loving "The Boy Racer" as the opening track.

I just ordered what I hope is the Australian Southpaw ecolbook edition, do you know if there is an Australian jewelcase version or an Australian Maladjusted edition?

I got an email from Amazon US last night saying there is a delay in obtaining my copies. :mad:

Well, this is interesting. My Southpaw reissue arrived on time. Checking Recordstore, they say the Maladjusted reissue will be released on the 18th of this month. I queried this, as I know some people already have their copy from different sources. Nope, came back the reply - the definitive release date is the 18th of May. So how come some have already got it? I don't understand.

Peter

I'm in South Korea and I got both in the mail from Amazon.UK two days ago. You've been screwed Uncle Skinny!!! You deserve better!!!

Well, this is interesting. My Southpaw reissue arrived on time. Checking Recordstore, they say the Maladjusted reissue will be released on the 18th of this month. I queried this, as I know some people already have their copy from different sources. Nope, came back the reply - the definitive release date is the 18th of May. So how come some have already got it? I don't understand.

Peter

hmv Pedro, hmv always.:thumb:

Free delivery as well. Just use recordstore for the singles;)

I just ordered what I hope is the Australian Southpaw ecolbook edition, do you know if there is an Australian jewelcase version or an Australian Maladjusted edition?

The Australian one is the jewelcase edition of Southpaw. I checked the (large) store inside out that I bought it from and couldn't find an ecolbook version, or any edition of Maladjusted.

I picked up a jewelcase version. I searched high and low for Maladjusted, but I couldn't find it.

Peter

I'm pretty certain that I saw both re-issues in HMV yesterday. They must be wrong.

Thanks for the replies Morning Star and Ryan. The picture in the auction was of the ecolbook edt but that could just have been used as a stock photo. The seller told me it had "distributed in Australia by Sony music" or something similar on the back. Please let me know should you find any Australian ecolbook editions, be it for Southpaw or Maladjusted:)

Peter

After the delay of delivery of Paris single bundles and YOR, I didn't pre-order from recordstore.co.uk this time.

Went to HMV Oxford Circus 27th April, bought Skull singles, SG and Maladjusted.

Pity recordstore.co.uk failed to deliver Maladjusted with SG. :(

After the delay of delivery of Paris single bundles and YOR, I didn't pre-order from recordstore.co.uk this time.

Went to HMV Oxford Circus 27th April, bought Skull singles, SG and Maladjusted.

Pity recordstore.co.uk failed to deliver Maladjusted with SG. :(

I suppose that going directly to a record shop is still the best thing: you do not up with all sorts of delays and damaged jewel cases at times.......
Cheers Moz

Re: The Morrissey Reissues...

Im confused. Are these UK exclusives/imports for the rest of us? Sorry if this has already been addressed
They've been issued in some other countries outside the UK, but the US isn't one of them. The UK is probably the best region to order them from if you can't find a suitable import dealer in the US.

Last edited:

Peter

The Recordstore Maladjusted cock-up for UK folks doesn't make any sense. I ordered both from Amazon UK (from the other side of the pond) and got them in less than a week.

I was not a fan of the Southpaw track reshuffle when it was announced and, having heard it, it definitely does not work. For their part, though, the unreleased tracks manage to tuck in nicely. The sound mix on some of the Maladjusted tracks is definitely better, notably (to my ears) the title track, He Cried, and Wide to Receive. Still a shame to not hear the unreleased material from the period...

Cheers,
Jamie

Just wanted to let people in the US know that these are available for somewhat reasonable prices from Tower.com (yes, they still exist online). They also ship orders of $25 or more for free. Of course, these have been available for a while, but the prices have only recently come down and the availability issues that I was seeing on the site before seem to have been sorted out.

http://www.tower.com/southpaw-grammar-morrissey-cd/wapi/113193787
http://www.tower.com/maladjusted-morrissey-cd/wapi/113434754

Last edited:
I receive an email yesterday from Amazon US saying that Maladjusted had been pushed back to June 15-26 delivery, and then just received another email saying they are "still trying to obtain" Southpaw Grammar. I went thru them as I found a decent deal for the both of them and had a credit for Amazon to use.

Thanks for letting me know about Tower.com, silentandgrey. I'll give them a shot.

Hallelujah. My copy of Maladjusted arrived today. Nice to see in the liner notes Morrissey says "I Can Have Both" is one of his favourite songs.

Peter

has anyone in the US been able to get SG from Amazon or Tower online?

I'm getting really annoyed. I pre-purchased Southpaw on Amazon weeks ago and then the release date came and went with no shipment. Got an email saying there was a delay. I gave it a week and canceled.

Placed order with Tower, who said it was "in stock." Also bought a Neko Case album at the same time. I got an email yesterday saying that the Neko Case album has shipped but not SG!!!!!! So much for being "in Stock!"

Getting rather annoyed. Soon I will just say to the hell with it and live with my pilfered downloads of the new songs.

Tags
linernotes southpaw
Back
Top Bottom