"E.E. Lawson" by Ozark Mountain Daredevils

"Walkin' Down The Road" by Ozark Mountain Daredevils

"The Ballad of Curtis Loew" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

"People said he was useless, them people all were Fools

'cause Curtis Loew was the finest picker to ever play the Blues

Yes Sir."

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Listening to these now...

The first tune is unusual... but strangely infectious. That voice!

Great Skynyrd tune.

Why no 38 Special? Y'all a bunch of bustas.

^^^ Like that first tune a lot. And of course, the R.E.M. one too!

^^^ Lots of good tunes!

"I'm a Country Boy" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

"I don't like smoke, choking up my air

and some of those city folks well, they don't care

I don't like cars....buzzing around

I don't even want...a piece of concrete in my town"

"Free Ride" by The Edgar Winter Group

"Cemetery Gates" by Pantera

"I Must reverse my life

I can't live in the past

then set my soul Free

belong to me at last"

^^^ Love the last two cuts. I haven't heard that Outlaws song in eons.

Me neither. It's not the genre of music I listen to every day. But once in a while I like to turn it up.

Here is another classic from, imo, the greatest southern rock band ever. We'll overlook the fact that they fly the Confederate flag...

Me neither. It's not the genre of music I listen to every day. But once in a while I like to turn it up.

Here is another classic from, imo, the greatest southern rock band ever. We'll overlook the fact that they fly the Confederate flag...

I agree, they are the greatest southern rock band of all-time. This song is one of their very best! I believe "That Smell" was released just three days before the plane crash that took the lives of three of the bandmembers. Ronnie Van Zant was of course one of the three killed. He was the predominant songwriter, lead singer, and lead guitarist. What a tragic loss! Of course it was equally as tragic for all the others who lost their lives that day. The song "That Smell" is a song about death. It's eerie that this was the band's single released right before the plane crash. I'm pretty sure these facts are correct.

It always bothered me that they embraced the Confederate flag as much as they did. In my opinion that flag represents slavery. To me it's just that plain and simple. I know that a lot of people from the South feel differently. They feel it represents the Confederate soldiers who fought and died in the War. They are certainly entitled to their opinion.

In the picture that is shown on the Pantera video that I posted, lead guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott is sporting a guitar emblazoned with the Confederate flag. Not my cup of tea either. It's important to note that after Pantera broke up, "Dimebag" Darrell formed another band called Damageplan. Tragically, in December of 2004, he was shot and killed by a deranged gunman while he was on stage performing with Damageplan. The gunman also killed three others. The attack took place in Columbus, Ohio. "Dimebag" Darrell is universally considered to be one of the greatest guitarists in the history of heavy metal music.

250px-Dimebag.jpg

Darrell Abbott

-sorry for such a long winded response.

I agree, they are the greatest southern rock band of all-time. This song is one of their very best! I believe "That Smell" was released just three days before the plane crash that took the lives of three of the bandmembers. Ronnie Van Zant was of course one of the three killed. He was the predominant songwriter, lead singer, and lead guitarist. What a tragic loss! Of course it was equally as tragic for all the others who lost their lives that day. The song "That Smell" is a song about death. It's eerie that this was the band's single released right before the plane crash. I'm pretty sure these facts are correct.

It always bothered me that they embraced the Confederate flag as much as they did. In my opinion that flag represents slavery. To me it's just that plain and simple. I know that a lot of people from the South feel differently. They feel it represents the Confederate soldiers who fought and died in the War. They are certainly entitled to their opinion.

In the picture that is shown on the Pantera video that I posted, lead guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott is sporting a guitar emblazoned with the Confederate flag. Not my cup of tea either. It's important to note that after Pantera broke up, "Dimebag" Darrell formed another band called Damageplan. Tragically, in December of 2004, he was shot and killed by a deranged gunman while he was on stage performing with Damageplan. The gunman also killed three others. The attack took place in Columbus, Ohio. "Dimebag" Darrell is universally considered to be one of the greatest guitarists in the history of heavy metal music.

View attachment 15879

Darrell Abbott

-sorry for such a long winded response.

The time and care you put into your posts are appreciated.

Ya, I noticed the flag on the guitar. Southern pride. Just like Paula Deen, eh? Twisted. Get over it folks. You lost the war. And the war WAS about slavery. They ain't foolin' anyone.

I remember when Dimebag was killed. I was actually posting on a Morrissey fansite when the news broke. Weird, huh?

REM is from the South? :eek: who knew :rolleyes:
anyways, keeping to what the genre is supposed to mean :cool:
I suppose most of it is really not my bag :o however, I do recall a song that my brother liked:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zTefUMhbI[/video]
since I cannot see if the video posted from here in China :straightface:
the song I posted is Flirtin' with Disaster by Molly Hatchet :guitar:

REM is from the South? :eek: who knew :rolleyes:
anyways, keeping to what the genre is supposed to mean :cool:
I suppose most of it is really not my bag :o however, I do recall a song that my brother liked:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zTefUMhbI[/video]
since I cannot see if the video posted from here in China :straightface:
the song I posted is Flirtin' with Disaster by Molly Hatchet :guitar:

Posted already, #7, silly boy! :D

Posted already, #7, silly boy! :D
yeah, as previously stated :o all youtube links appear merely as a blank white box where the video should appear :eek:
see, youtube is blocked here in China, however, sometimes I do go to the effort of running special software just so I can see the link
but not often :straightface: and not when bombarded with links :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom