Southbank Show query

Kimura

Can anyone tell me the name of the girl in the Southbank Show...the boxroom rebel girl?

Black bobbed hair...black dress...

Hmmmm?

Kimura

Re: Southbank Show

Can anyone tell me the name of the girl in the Southbank Show...the boxroom rebel girl?

Hmmmm?

Kimura

Jo O' Keefe?
http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Jo_O'Keefe

In the Smiths heyday, fey young types in cardigans were inspired to express themselves. In 1987 Shaun Duggan, an acolyte who penned a play called William, after the Smiths single William, it was Really Nothing, exploited his superfan status to interview Moz on The Tube in possibly the most embarrassing encounter yet broadcast on British television. And Duggan’s chum Jo O’Keefe inveigled herself on to a South Bank Show devoted to the band.

The pair later became writers on Brookside (Duggan) and Coronation Street (O’Keefe), and Morrissey appeared, playing himself badly, in Damon and Debbie, the long-forgotten spinoff of the now similarly deceased Liverpool soap. (The teenage runaways ran into him in the lobby at London’s Capital Radio, one of the many stations which has generally ignored his music.)

Last edited:

Hmmmm?

Kimura

You love her don't you?

Morrissey appeared, playing himself badly, in Damon and Debbie, the long-forgotten spinoff of the now similarly deceased Liverpool soap. (The teenage runaways ran into him in the lobby at London’s Capital Radio, one of the many stations which has generally ignored his music.)

It wasn't Damon and Debbie but a different Brookside spinofff called 'South', a 2-part drama shown as part of The English Programme on Channel 4. The full dialogue of Morrissey's scene is transcribed under a for 'acting' in Mozpedia.

It wasn't Damon and Debbie but a different Brookside spinofff called 'South', a 2-part drama shown as part of The English Programme on Channel 4. The full dialogue of Morrissey's scene is transcribed under a for 'acting' in Mozpedia.

Cool, cheers for that Sim.

Back
Top Bottom