Update:
New working link courtesy of @Rob32 :

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 0
The Elvis '68 Comeback style black suit was indeed confirmed as PVC at the time.
It must’ve been HOT. PVC/pleather doesn’t breathe AT ALL.

I've uploaded it to YouTube.

Dunno if it'll get taken down, hopefully not. If the original person who sourced the video would like credit, let me know and I'll add your info to the listing.

I would like to thank the person who uploaded this, with every atom I have. This is one of the very few Smiths Morrissey rare items I have wanted to see
It both disappoints and doesn't disappoint all at once

It would be lovely if some of the more able people whole clean it up, especially the sound.
What we could do as fans is track down the people who made the importance of being moz video and this one and the Tim Board estate and try to get as much unseen footage as possible
It would be great to see the whole M in Elvis suit concert, for instance.
We could make a collection of rare moz footage , like a sprawling film
It's been recorded from screen, as it were. You can even see the progress bar at certain points. I believe they call them telecines. If we had the original DVD it could be ripped with better quality no doubt.
Still massively happy to have it, mind.

Dunno if it'll get taken down, hopefully not. If the original person who sourced the video would like credit, let me know and I'll add your info to the listing.

Thanks (y)

Lovely fans, and ‘mullet’ Moz in PVC? Yes please!

Interesting to hear that at that point some of the crew have been with him since the KU tour, not too surprising.

Thanks (y)

Lovely fans, and ‘mullet’ Moz in PVC? Yes please!

Interesting to hear that at that point some of the crew have been with him since the KU tour, not too surprising.
How effing great did he look? Fantastic hair, sideburns and clothes. LOVE 1998-2003 Moz!

Me & my dear departed friend Barry are the one's who made this film, I was part of Morrissey's crew as a stage tec etc from 1998-2011.. it was my idea that this film should be made, and, as my friend Barry was an up and coming film-maker, I went to Morrissey with the proposed idea, which, at the time, he liked, and we went ahead and shot it, it was done by just the two of us, whilst I was working,
and Barry shared my hotel room throughout the shooting. It's a fine tribute to Barry, I think we did a great job given the very difficult circumstances...Thanks for stealing our work?
So, Mr Rob32..lets hope you end up alongside Johnny Rogan in the A3 pile up.
Barry & I both come from Norwich, so that's that.
Charlie Browne - France July 2022

Better 'stolen' than the film mouldering away unseen by anyone for the rest of eternity. At least the rest of us can appreciate it now.

Me & my dear departed friend Barry are the one's who made this film, I was part of Morrissey's crew as a stage tec etc from 1998-2011.. it was my idea that this film should be made, and, as my friend Barry was an up and coming film-maker, I went to Morrissey with the proposed idea, which, at the time, he liked, and we went ahead and shot it, it was done by just the two of us, whilst I was working,
and Barry shared my hotel room throughout the shooting. It's a fine tribute to Barry, I think we did a great job given the very difficult circumstances...Thanks for stealing our work?
Just imagine the happiness us fans felt after finally getting to see this film. Doesn’t that trump the feeling of having been “robbed”?

Just imagine the happiness us fans felt after finally getting to see this film. Doesn’t that trump the feeling of having been “robbed”?
That’s like having your wallet stolen and the thief sending you a note saying, “hi, I stole your wallet. It’s ok, please don’t be angry, I just really wanted your money 😘

That’s like having your wallet stolen and the thief sending you a note saying, “hi, I stole your wallet. It’s ok, please don’t be angry, I just really wanted your money 😘
Ok! 👍🏻

Hi....really appreciate the work both yourself and Barry put into this. Its unfortunate the way it was released and how you both didnt get the recognition and financial benefit an official release would've brought....its obvious from the film that Morrissey was on board but obviously his opinion changed at some point. As a Morrissey fan all i can say is that I'm hugely grateful for you and Barry capturing this period of his career and its a great watch. I'm sure that doesnt resolve your grievance but thank you in any case.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom