South With Morrissey (2000) MP4

Update:
New working link courtesy of @Rob32 :

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s like having your wallet stolen and the thief sending you a note saying, “hi, I stole your wallet. It’s ok, please don’t be angry, I just really wanted your money 😘
Not really. Nothing has been done with this footage for 22 years, so that analogy doesn't quite hold up - no one's 'lost' anything. Added to which, the filmaker himself clearly did want fans to see it, as he posted on this website and tried to sell it himself on DVD back in the day.

Me & my dear departed friend Barry are the one's who made this film, I was part of Morrissey's crew as a stage tec etc from 1998-2011.. it was my idea that this film should be made, and, as my friend Barry was an up and coming film-maker, I went to Morrissey with the proposed idea, which, at the time, he liked, and we went ahead and shot it, it was done by just the two of us, whilst I was working,
and Barry shared my hotel room throughout the shooting. It's a fine tribute to Barry, I think we did a great job given the very difficult circumstances...Thanks for stealing our work?
So, Mr Rob32..lets hope you end up alongside Johnny Rogan in the A3 pile up.
Barry & I both come from Norwich, so that's that.
Charlie Browne - France July 2022
If you´ve got an original DVD copy for sale, please message me.

Me & my dear departed friend Barry are the one's who made this film, I was part of Morrissey's crew as a stage tec etc from 1998-2011.. it was my idea that this film should be made, and, as my friend Barry was an up and coming film-maker, I went to Morrissey with the proposed idea, which, at the time, he liked, and we went ahead and shot it, it was done by just the two of us, whilst I was working,
and Barry shared my hotel room throughout the shooting. It's a fine tribute to Barry, I think we did a great job given the very difficult circumstances...Thanks for stealing our work?
Having just found the time to watch the video now, I find this comment very strange.

Between 1999-2000 and 2002, I saw a lot of Morrissey shows. In many ways, this was my favorite Moz period of all time. Big and small cities. Smaller venues, mostly. Fun setlists. Affordable tickets. Cool fans. Even though he really wasn't, Morrissey seemed accessible and every man. I think he even played a DIY punk squat in Europe somewhere during this timeframe.

It just felt good. There was a community. Something that hasn't always been there since.

Charlie, I understand that this is your work, along with your dear late friend. And very good work, at that. It provides an eye into things Morrissey fans are not accustomed to seeing - Morrissey just wandering around Mexico City (looking great), candid comments from Boz and the tour production manager, a soundcheck with Moz, the security guy, and - my favorite - Morrissey walking out of his dressing room post-show with a beer in his hand and a ski cap on his head, heading out to his car.

Unbelievable footage.

Why, 22 years later, are you essentially wishing a car crash death on a fan who shared this?

Clearly, any opportunity to monetize this work expired 20+ years ago, when Morrissey himself put the kibosh on it, for whatever his reasons.

Why, instead, not have some satisfaction in the fact that hundreds/thousands of Morrissey diehards can finally see this film, a long-relished piece of Morrissey folklore. It shouldn't languish in the hands of a few. That's not why you made the effort, surely.

Last edited:
I just uploaded it to YT. If you can watch it right now, do it, 'cos I don't know if this video will be allowed to be there for so long.

Jesus Charlie. Have you not moved on? Hopefully you’ve got a new blazer since you were last on the scene.

Are you the father of the baby on Refusal cover, right?

How does he deal with album?

Hi....really appreciate the work both yourself and Barry put into this. Its unfortunate the way it was released and how you both didnt get the recognition and financial benefit an official release would've brought....its obvious from the film that Morrissey was on board but obviously his opinion changed at some point. As a Morrissey fan all i can say is that I'm hugely grateful for you and Barry capturing this period of his career and its a great watch. I'm sure that doesnt resolve your grievance but thank you in any case.
I love messages of respect and gratitude.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom