South America tour postponed due to food poisoning

UPDATE 6:25 PM PT:

Link posted by cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Productora: El equipo de Morrissey está devastado - Coopertiva.cl

Google translate excerpts:

The director of the firm, Rodrigo Perez, explains that "The day Saturday, Morrissey with his closest, about 8 people went to eat at a restaurant outside the path indicated by us, with regrettable consequences ".

"Within hours, one by one they fell, resulting in severe gastric problems. They doctors to examine and what was provided in that moment, it was not appropriate and it was bigger problems".

Against this background, "are with absolute rest. The hotel has almost become an outpatient clinic. There are people who can not get out of bed in 48 hours, and the prognosis is not very encouraging, because they also want to be with their doctors header and return to their countries of origin."

"For most of Morrissey and his team will return to London, just to give them up here in Lima" he said.

UPDATE 4:25 PM PT:

Famous when dead posted the link with some additional info:

Morrissey postpones South American tour due to ‘severe food poisoning,’ returns to U.K. - Slicing Up Eyeballs

Excerpt:

According to a similar but lengthier statement posted by Movistar Arena in Santiago, Chile — where the former Smiths frontman was slated to perform July 26 — those sickened “have remained at rest and observation,” while Morrissey has returned to England to be under the care of his “personal physicians.”

UPDATE 2:45 PM PT:

An anonymous person sends the link to the PuntoTicket Peru Facebook post:

SE POSTERGAN CONCIERTOS DE MORRISSEY EN SUDAMERICA

Bing translation excerpt:

BE postponed concerts of MORRISSEY in South America due to a severe food poisoning suffered by the artist and part of the team that accompanies it in Lima, the concerts scheduled for Latin America in July and August should be postponed to the next year. The new dates will be communicated soon.

Morrissey and his team have been in Lima, Peru from July 1. The artist was very excited about the upcoming shows and is very disappointed to have to postpone dates.
Sincerely, Colors point Ticket will be announcing this Friday 12th the mechanics of return tickets for those who do not wish to attend the new dates. For more information access the web from www.puntoticket.pe or by calling the call center 626 8383. For people wishing to attend the new dates can keep their tickets. We will be informing them advances.

Morrissey se intoxicó en Lima y sus conciertos en Sudamérica fueron postergados
- La Prensa

Google Translate excerpt:

"Latin America Concerts scheduled for July and August will be postponed for the next months," the agency that handles the event communication.

The former leader of the British band The Smiths, Steven Patrick Morrissey ( Morrissey ), not present in Lima. This is because he and some of his team suffered a severe intoxication. As reported by the producer through Facebook Colors Agency 3 Points.

"Latin America Concerts scheduled for July and August will be postponed for the next months. The new dates will be communicated soon, "the statement said.

19594_566258.jpg

Link reblogged by cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Se intoxicó Morrissey y no habrá conciertos:
“Los conciertos agendados para Latinoamérica en julio y agosto deberán postergarse para los próximos meses”, informó la agencia que se encarga de la comunicación del evento.

Original reblog on Tumblr / more details...

UPDATE - link from cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Morrissey posterga todos sus conciertos en Sudamérica - Terra Peru
El exvocalista de The Smiths tenía programado ofrecer un concierto esta noche en Lima, en el Jockey Club del Perú

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.

Apparently, some of you seem to think that my intention was to attack you. It wasn't. I'm sincerely sorry if my post left you thinking that I feel some raging aggression towards you. I don't.

And I know that coming from a 5-year-old this probably doesn't sound too convincing, but I think you people spend too much time here. The internet has a tendency to make you think that all human interaction is about insulting and destroying others. I f***ing hate that. I f***ing hate the fact that people are becoming unable to listen to each other, and that online commucation is mostly about being the coolest f***ing bully. I'm sorry if you think that I was trying to be one of those 800 million internet bullies, because that's something I never want to become.

I appreciate the intelligence of many of the Solo regulars, and I can relate to a lot of things written here. And maybe that's the very reason why I find this place so disturbing. You're clearly not very happy people. At least the ones who've apparently been here for years, posting strange hatred day after day, month after month. (By this I don't mean every one of you. The ones who do this are probably aware of their condition.) I'm 19, I've still got some healthy naivety left, and seeing this place makes me feel pretty horrified. There's no human warmth to be found. And to be honest, some people here seem genuinely insane. This makes me wonder why people who seem relatively nice and normal, like Johnny Barleycorn for instance, WANT to spend their days here. What do you get from this place?

I was going to give you a full response to this, but judging by your last sentence it would be a waste of time. Another victim of a modern education system which has failed to teach the nuances of debate and argument, and instead has been taught to make a point then run away and stick your fingers in your ears.

I'll just say this: If you are the same man at forty as you are at nineteen, if you waste two decades of experiences, both triumphs and disasters, and remain the same, then more fool you.

Actually, I spend 80 % of my time thinking and writing about important issues. As pathetic it may sound, I live for the nuances of debate and argument.

I don't know about the rest of my generation; I've never really liked them, and they've never really liked me.

As I said, I'm 19. I'm already bitter and miserable. If I haven't commited suicide by the age of forty, I'll most likely live under the bridge, married to a cat. People age, people change, people lose their fire, people lose their happiness, people become sad and angry. But this is not the only way, and I certainly don't understand why we _SHOULD_ give up and become sad and angry. Not all people do.

Some posters here spend almost 24 hours a day on this website, doing their best to insult Morrissey and other posters. What is the POINT? If you hate Morrissey, don't devote your life to him. If you hate Morrissey but like his songs, then just listen to the songs and forget the person. You. Don't. Need. Him. And if you hate Morrissey but would like him to become a better musician, then well, all you can do is wait and see - or even better, forget about him and move on. If he really is just some bloke who just happens to have written some good songs, then you will survive without him in your life. He can't be that important. Remember: you hate him. Songs are just songs, you don't have to ruin your whole life because of them. There is more to life than this; this is not everything you are. Drop the irrational hatred. Move on. Tonight. Simple as that.

Is Morrissey capable of saving others? He seems unable to save himself. Does Morrissey have a messiah complex? Or is it you who have projected that upon him?

Ask yourself why you have the need for a Jesus-like figure in your life.

Err. Why would I need a Jesus-like figure in my life? You're being irrational.

You are young. You'll learn.

Let's hope so.

Age... can make one jaded... even bitter.

Certainly. There's still hope that this doesn't happen to me.

But youth... well, you really don't know jack shit at 19. Though you think you do.

I don't think there's much scientific evidence for this. Sure, most 19-year-olds don't know as much about life's hopelessness as most 40-year-olds. This is obvious. However, this doesn't change the fact that 19-year-olds may actually have something that more 40-year-olds should have; hope, for instance, is something quite essential. Misery doesn't have some intrinsic value. If you could potentially be happy, then why not?

He isn't a f***ing singing psychoanalyst...some people just like his songs and his voice. Period. If you feel like Morrissey has "helped you through a hard time in your life", then you're a weak idiot.

I think your definition of a weak idiot is very different from mine. According to mine, the weak idiots are people with no moral backbone. People with no compassion. People who enjoy hurting others. Especially those who are the easiest to hurt. You won't get any happier spending your life like this.

Then you're a moron.
Morrissey went from selling 400,000 albums in 2004 to 250,000 albums in 2006 to 88,000 in 2009. He's lost a majority of his fanbase. Fact.

You don't seem very up to date. The fact is that, 1) unfortunately, people don't buy albums anymore. Nobody's selling nearly as many albums as they used to. The difference between 2004 and 2009 is huge.

2) When it comes to young fans, their number is increasing all the time. Why? Well, The Smiths is very cool at the moment. Many forms of pop culture, such as movies like 500 Days of Summer and The Perks of Being a Wallflower, are introducing The Smiths and Morrissey as cool music for cool young people. I don't know if you've ever been to tumblr, but if you spend a while looking at the profiles of these teenagers, it won't take long till you find a Smiths lyric or a photo of Morrissey.

I don't know if Morrissey used to be even more popular than this. Maybe he did. But at the moment, his music is the thing for 'alternative youth'. There are millions of hipsters loving his music because they think that they're supposed to love his music, but there's also a lot of young people who genuinely, unconditionally love him. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. In fact, the ability to love a popstar can tell a lot of good things about a person; such as the ability to not take yourself so f***ing seriously.

I think I'm in love. ^^

Is that a Beck song reference?

But it makes me kinda nervous to say so...:love:

It wasn't Linds, it was just a nod that the kid pretty much nailed it.

Ok.

Apparently, some of you seem to think that my intention was to attack you. It wasn't. I'm sincerely sorry if my post left you thinking that I feel some raging aggression towards you. I don't.

I don't think anyone was under that impression...I think people just reacted to the complete & utter bullshit your post was rife with.

And I know that coming from a 5-year-old this probably doesn't sound too convincing,

I thought you were supposed to be 19? :lbf:

The internet has a tendency to make you think that all human interaction is about insulting and destroying others. I f***ing hate that. I f***ing hate the fact that people are becoming unable to listen to each other, and that online commucation is mostly about being the coolest f***ing bully. I'm sorry if you think that I was trying to be one of those 800 million internet bullies, because that's something I never want to become.

Then take your own advice and do what you're asking certain members of this site to do - get off it & get on with your life.

I appreciate the intelligence of many of the Solo regulars, and I can relate to a lot of things written here. And maybe that's the very reason why I find this place so disturbing. You're clearly not very happy people. At least the ones who've apparently been here for years, posting strange hatred day after day, month after month. (By this I don't mean every one of you. The ones who do this are probably aware of their condition.)

You're a fool with a lot more problems than naivety if you think there is a direct correlation between happiness and posts made on an internet forum. Take Margaret Dale for example: bubbly Morrissey stalker on this site (& off)...yet killed herself in spite of that.

I'm 19, I've still got some healthy naivety left, and seeing this place makes me feel pretty horrified.

sorry-feeling-such-pussy-get-well-ecard-someecards.jpg

There's no human warmth to be found.

Kewpie can't really help that.

And to be honest, some people here seem genuinely insane.

Leave CrystalGeezer alone!

This makes me wonder why people who seem relatively nice and normal, like Johnny Barleycorn for instance, WANT to spend their days here. What do you get from this place?

Fun.

Actually, I spend 80 % of my time thinking and writing about important issues. As pathetic it may sound, I live for the nuances of debate and argument.

So, you don't actually do anything at all...

I don't know about the rest of my generation; I've never really liked them, and they've never really liked me.

I can't imagine why...

As I said, I'm 19. I'm already bitter and miserable. If I haven't commited suicide by the age of forty, I'll most likely live under the bridge, married to a cat. People age, people change, people lose their fire, people lose their happiness, people become sad and angry. But this is not the only way, and I certainly don't understand why we _SHOULD_ give up and become sad and angry. Not all people do.

Please don't wait that long. Please.

Some posters here spend almost 24 hours a day on this website, doing their best to insult Morrissey and other posters.

Some posters spend almost 24 hours a day on this website saying how much they want Morrissey's dick inside them. How exactly is that a better, more worthy use of time? Because it is complimentary and therefore ceases to be unhealthy? I really want to know considering you feel as if you're the moral authority around here who needs people who were listening to The Smiths when you were nothing but a mistake running down your mother's thigh to either justify their reasons for being here or leave.

What is the POINT? If you hate Morrissey, don't devote your life to him. If you hate Morrissey but like his songs, then just listen to the songs and forget the person. You. Don't. Need. Him. And if you hate Morrissey but would like him to become a better musician, then well, all you can do is wait and see - or even better, forget about him and move on. If he really is just some bloke who just happens to have written some good songs, then you will survive without him in your life. He can't be that important. Remember: you hate him. Songs are just songs, you don't have to ruin your whole life because of them. There is more to life than this; this is not everything you are. Drop the irrational hatred. Move on. Tonight. Simple as that.

deal-with-it.gif

Because you're the kind of person who projects themselves onto a MacGuffin. Morrissey understands you, he sings about your life, blah blah blah. You're looking for someone or something to relate to because no one actually likes you.

I don't think there's much scientific evidence for this. Sure, most 19-year-olds don't know as much about life's hopelessness as most 40-year-olds. This is obvious. However, this doesn't change the fact that 19-year-olds may actually have something that more 40-year-olds should have; hope, for instance, is something quite essential. Misery doesn't have some intrinsic value. If you could potentially be happy, then why not?

You're confusing 'hope' with 'gullibility'...

I think your definition of a weak idiot is very different from mine.

Of course it is...you're an idiot, we've already established that...how could I expect you to understand silly little things like definitions?

According to mine, the weak idiots are people with no moral backbone. People with no compassion. People who enjoy hurting others. Especially those who are the easiest to hurt.

Pretty sure they call that a sadist. Tell you what, if you make it to 40 without killing yourself or dying in your sleep after forgetting to breathe, I'll be sure to mail a dictionary to your little spot under the bridge so you may continue your education. Deal?

You won't get any happier spending your life like this.

Au contraire, I've never been happier. If you had a life half as happy as mine, you would shit yourself to death.

You don't seem very up to date. The fact is that, 1) unfortunately, people don't buy albums anymore. Nobody's selling nearly as many albums as they used to. The difference between 2004 and 2009 is huge.

Really?

David Bowie "The Next Day" 94,000 copies sold in first week. UK
Daft Punk "Random Access Memories" 339,000 copies sold in first week. US
P!nk "The Truth About Love" 281,000 copies sold in first week. US

I could say more but you get the general idea. The fact of the matter is, people still DO buy albums, whether it be physical or digital copies...they just aren't buying Morrissey albums...and for good reason.

2) When it comes to young fans, their number is increasing all the time. Why? Well, The Smiths is very cool at the moment. Many forms of pop culture, such as movies like 500 Days of Summer and The Perks of Being a Wallflower, are introducing The Smiths and Morrissey as cool music for cool young people. I don't know if you've ever been to tumblr, but if you spend a while looking at the profiles of these teenagers, it won't take long till you find a Smiths lyric or a photo of Morrissey. I don't know if Morrissey used to be even more popular than this. Maybe he did. But at the moment, his music is the thing for 'alternative youth'. There are millions of hipsters loving his music because they think that they're supposed to love his music,

And somehow you think such inane douchery equates to Morrissey having more young fans than when he was actually youthful, marketable, unequaled & vital? What a joke! You're absolutely right...you don't know.

but there's also a lot of young people who genuinely, unconditionally love him. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. In fact, the ability to love a popstar can tell a lot of good things about a person; such as the ability to not take yourself so f***ing seriously.

Of course you wouldn't find anything wrong with that...remember - you're an idiot?

That makes perfect sense...don't take yourself so seriously, just take a guy you don't even know who doesn't actually care about you, give him your time & money, project your wants, desires & feelings onto him and then take him seriously. Gotcha. It sounds more to me like a lot of idiots who want to worship someone but think they're too cool for Jesus.

dogma_buddy_christ.jpg

Wow. THIS. Perfect.

The problem with Moz Solo is that the most active posters here are mostly bitter middle-aged men. Let's face it. 20 years ago they perhaps still had some imagination and life and fire burning inside them. They were miserable, but not the way they are today; they believed that they could change something, that there was some importance about their misery, that there was something to live for, that it was okay to love strange popstars; they found Morrissey, and Morrissey helped them, and they thought that Morrissey would save them, but Morrissey didn't and now they're left with nothing but bitterness.

I'm 19. I don't think too many posters here are 19. This doesn't mean that young Morrissey fans don't exist; in fact, I believe there are more young Morrissey fans in the world than maybe ever before. Morrissey has become an important part of alternative youth culture. (Or maybe he always was.) The young fans just communicate elsewhere. This kind of twists the image. If you look at this website, Morrissey seems to have almost no fans at all, and the few ones hate him. In reality, this isn't the case.

Maybe I should get out of here.

Ok.

And I know that coming from a 5-year-old this probably doesn't sound too convincing, but I think you people spend too much time here. The internet has a tendency to make you think that all human interaction is about insulting and destroying others. I f***ing hate that. I f***ing hate the fact that people are becoming unable to listen to each other, and that online commucation is mostly about being the coolest f***ing bully. I'm sorry if you think that I was trying to be one of those 800 million internet bullies, because that's something I never want to become.

I appreciate the intelligence of many of the Solo regulars, and I can relate to a lot of things written here. And maybe that's the very reason why I find this place so disturbing. You're clearly not very happy people. At least the ones who've apparently been here for years, posting strange hatred day after day, month after month. (By this I don't mean every one of you. The ones who do this are probably aware of their condition.) I'm 19, I've still got some healthy naivety left, and seeing this place makes me feel pretty horrified. There's no human warmth to be found. And to be honest, some people here seem genuinely insane. This makes me wonder why people who seem relatively nice and normal, like Johnny Barleycorn for instance, WANT to spend their days here. What do you get from this place?

Some posters here spend almost 24 hours a day on this website, doing their best to insult Morrissey and other posters. What is the POINT? If you hate Morrissey, don't devote your life to him. If you hate Morrissey but like his songs, then just listen to the songs and forget the person. You. Don't. Need. Him. And if you hate Morrissey but would like him to become a better musician, then well, all you can do is wait and see - or even better, forget about him and move on. If he really is just some bloke who just happens to have written some good songs, then you will survive without him in your life. He can't be that important. Remember: you hate him. Songs are just songs, you don't have to ruin your whole life because of them. There is more to life than this; this is not everything you are. Drop the irrational hatred. Move on. Tonight. Simple as that.

Let's hope so.

Certainly. There's still hope that this doesn't happen to me.

I think your definition of a weak idiot is very different from mine. According to mine, the weak idiots are people with no moral backbone. People with no compassion. People who enjoy hurting others. Especially those who are the easiest to hurt. You won't get any happier spending your life like this.

2) When it comes to young fans, their number is increasing all the time. Why? Well, The Smiths is very cool at the moment. Many forms of pop culture, such as movies like 500 Days of Summer and The Perks of Being a Wallflower, are introducing The Smiths and Morrissey as cool music for cool young people. I don't know if you've ever been to tumblr, but if you spend a while looking at the profiles of these teenagers, it won't take long till you find a Smiths lyric or a photo of Morrissey.

I don't know if Morrissey used to be even more popular than this. Maybe he did. But at the moment, his music is the thing for 'alternative youth'. There are millions of hipsters loving his music because they think that they're supposed to love his music, but there's also a lot of young people who genuinely, unconditionally love him. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. In fact, the ability to love a popstar can tell a lot of good things about a person; such as the ability to not take yourself so f***ing seriously.

Oli-ver,

The tone of your first post, #1, is accusatory and hostile. So understandably, several of us responded defensively--myself included.

Now you have returned and responded to our responses with post #2.

I will address some of your remarks from post #2.

I agree that hope is vital. Without it there is no motive to continue doing anything... including waking up in the morning. I do wish for you to never lose this lifeline.

You now claim to be bitter... like those middle-aged men you mentioned in post 1. Not all posters here are bitter. I don't think I am. And not all regulars spend all their free time here. I wonder why it looks that way?
Ten posts a day... is not all day.

But truly, is it of your concern if they do? Isn't it their life to live? Some people watch sports or reality TV shows. Who is to judge? To each their own, right?

And although it may seem strange that people spend time posting on a site dedicated to an artist that they are often critical about, you must realize that Solo is not just about Morrissey. It never was. People post here for the community--to interact with the other people here that they have gotten to know over the last few months or years.

It's not always a lovefest. But it isn't all negative either.

You can see it as half full or half empty. I try to see the good. Maybe you should too.

With a positive attitude, that hope... you mentioned... is more likely to stick around.

I can be snarky. I am opinionated. But I am a decent and fair person. And I believe the same can be said about the majority of posters here.

I hope you stick around. You seem to be an intelligent and introspective person.

realitybites, I sincerely appreciate your response. It does help me restore some faith in humanity. What you're saying makes sense; I understand that as someone who's virtually just a passer-by, I'm probably quite unable to see the whole picture. Now, looking at my first post again, I do see what you mean. The tone is more hostile than it was intended to be, and I missed many important aspects. My apologies.

But when it comes to !Viva Hate!, the situation is a bit more complicated:

1) I could repeat many of the things that I already wrote. Like the fact that I hate bullies. To me, they are the lowest form of life. I hate that the internet turns some people into pathetic monsters.

I think that true weakness is about not being able to stand straight and resist the urge to join the bullies. I don't understand you. Unfortunately, I've seen dozens of your posts, and the only thing they make me think is Why? Your life's only purpose seems to be letting everybody else know how much they suck and how gay they are. To me it makes no sense. I'm not sure whether you're aware that you're actually writing this crap to real, living individuals. This is not a f***ing video game. You don't get any points by destroying anyone.

2) Why are you spending so much time hating someone passionately? It's understandable to be a passionate fan, but you say that you aren’t one, so why all this extreme devotion? (Who hurt you in the first place?)

The insane fans are insane, but at least they're turning their insanity into some sort of positivity. The reason why I'm not concentrating on them is pretty laconic: to me, their insanity seems more sympathetic.

(When it comes to music as a way of getting over rough times, I don't see any reason why not. Throughout human history, art has helped people to deal with difficult things in their lives; it's natural and usually just shows that a person has a healthy emotional life.)

3) You claim that your hate towards me (and seemingly anybody else) is based on the fact that what I wrote was bullshit. So what? I never said I knew everything. Bullshit isn't poisonous. People make mistakes. It's okay. There's no need to lose your marbles over that, y'know.

4) The fact that you're actually telling me to kill myself because you disagree with something I said about a pop singer is alarming. It does hurt.

5) The truth is that you've apparently been here for seven years. You've written 12,173 posts. Why? (I'm assuming that your attitude towards Morrissey has been this negative all the time. Naturally, as a 6-year-old I may be wrong.) You could just move on. Your behaviour seems irrational: by now you should have noticed that your comments won't change Morrissey into the ideal picture in your head, so why are you still here? Don't you think that your behaviour might be seen as severely obsessive? To me it seems that you've spent seven years of your life -- and maybe even more, how am I to know -- trying to change a pop singer and to destroy some random people on the internet. It doesn't make sense. You can't be getting anything from this anymore. You could be doing this for the sake of trolling, but Jesus Christ, nobody trolls on the same website for 7 f***ing years.

Take your own advice and do what you're asking certain members of this site to do - get off it & get on with your life.

I probably will. The sad thing is: you probably won't.

realitybites, I sincerely appreciate your response. It does help me restore some faith in humanity. What you're saying makes sense; I understand that as someone who's virtually just a passer-by, I'm probably quite unable to see the whole picture. Now, looking at my first post again, I do see what you mean. The tone is more hostile than it was intended to be, and I missed many important aspects. My apologies.

But when it comes to !Viva Hate!, the situation is a bit more complicated:

1) I could repeat many of the things that I already wrote. Like the fact that I hate bullies. To me, they are the lowest form of life. I hate that the internet turns some people into pathetic monsters.

I think that true weakness is about not being able to stand straight and resist the urge to join the bullies. I don't understand you. Unfortunately, I've seen dozens of your posts, and the only thing they make me think is Why? Your life's only purpose seems to be letting everybody else know how much they suck and how gay they are. To me it makes no sense. I'm not sure whether you're aware that you're actually writing this crap to real, living individuals. This is not a f***ing video game. You don't get any points by destroying anyone.

2) Why are you spending so much time hating someone passionately? It's understandable to be a passionate fan, but you say that you aren’t one, so why all this extreme devotion? (Who hurt you in the first place?)

The insane fans are insane, but at least they're turning their insanity into some sort of positivity. The reason why I'm not concentrating on them is pretty laconic: to me, their insanity seems more sympathetic.

(When it comes to music as a way of getting over rough times, I don't see any reason why not. Throughout human history, art has helped people to deal with difficult things in their lives; it's natural and usually just shows that a person has a healthy emotional life.)

3) You claim that your hate towards me (and seemingly anybody else) is based on the fact that what I wrote was bullshit. So what? I never said I knew everything. Bullshit isn't poisonous. People make mistakes. It's okay. There's no need to lose your marbles over that, y'know.

4) The fact that you're actually telling me to kill myself because you disagree with something I said about a pop singer is alarming. It does hurt.

5) The truth is that you've apparently been here for seven years. You've written 12,173 posts. Why? (I'm assuming that your attitude towards Morrissey has been this negative all the time. Naturally, as a 6-year-old I may be wrong.) You could just move on. Your behaviour seems irrational: by now you should have noticed that your comments won't change Morrissey into the ideal picture in your head, so why are you still here? Don't you think that your behaviour might be seen as severely obsessive? To me it seems that you've spent seven years of your life -- and maybe even more, how am I to know -- trying to change a pop singer and to destroy some random people on the internet. It doesn't make sense. You can't be getting anything from this anymore. You could be doing this for the sake of trolling, but Jesus Christ, nobody trolls on the same website for 7 f***ing years.

I probably will. The sad thing is: you probably won't.

tg;dr

No apologies necessary. I know it is hard to censor-out things we don't like. I struggle with it daily.

Check out some of the threads in Off Topic. That is how many get to know the others here. I think you have much to contribute.

Hi Oli-ver,

I just wanted to say that I didn't find your first post hostile at all. I think a lot of what you said hit too close to home, to some. And others, well, they DO just like arguing.

Your posts so far have been incredibly intelligent and well worded, and you are definitely an old soul.

As for this? "but Jesus Christ, nobody trolls on the same website for 7 f***ing years." Well... umm... as you have already witnessed for yourself, they DO here, and many, for even longer than 7 years.

One of the problems with internet forums is that the nay-sayers are always much, much louder, than any voice of reason, sincerity, or sanity.

Don't just be a passer-by.

This place clearly needs you.

I would wager dozens and dozens of people read your posts and agreed... but like I said... the gentle voices, and those of sincerity and wisdom, DO tend to get drowned out sometimes.

You are definitely fighting the good fight, and you have said only insightful and well meaning things. I actually am struggling a bit with the fact that you say that you're only 19.

But hey, like I said. Old Soul.

Don't be a stranger.

Morrissey is loved, adored, and respected, by millions and millions and millions of people, all over the world. The only thing I would say, is that yes, because of your age, you might not know... but he has touched and moved people far and wide for many, many decades now. And young people DID know of him, and champion him, and he was just as, if not even more popular, with the youth of the world in decades gone past, and always.

He has been the singular and absolutely pervading voice of several generations already... but I easily concede that in the US, depending on which part one is from... one could be forgiven for not knowing this is a given. Especially at 19.

But you should keep the posts coming. Sometimes you have to really hunt on this place for an intelligent thread to add to... but they do come up, and they do exist.

Well done you, old soul.

And don't let anyone knock you back. Here, anywhere else, or in life.

Life is just about picking one's battles.

Welcome.

Hi Oli-ver,

I just wanted to say that I didn't find your first post hostile at all. I think a lot of what you said hit too close to home, to some. And others, well, they DO just like arguing.

Your posts so far have been incredibly intelligent and well worded, and you are definitely an old soul.

As for this? "but Jesus Christ, nobody trolls on the same website for 7 f***ing years." Well... umm... as you have already witnessed for yourself, they DO here, and many, for even longer than 7 years.

One of the problems with internet forums is that the nay-sayers are always much, much louder, than any voice of reason, sincerity, or sanity.

Don't just be a passer-by.

This place clearly needs you.

I would wager dozens and dozens of people read your posts and agreed... but like I said... the gentle voices, and those of sincerity and wisdom, DO tend to get drowned out sometimes.

You are definitely fighting the good fight, and you have said only insightful and well meaning things. I actually am struggling a bit with the fact that you say that you're only 19.

But hey, like I said. Old Soul.

Don't be a stranger.

Morrissey is loved, adored, and respected, by millions and millions and millions of people, all over the world. The only thing I would say, is that yes, because of your age, you might not know... but he has touched and moved people far and wide for many, many decades now. And young people DID know of him, and champion him, and he was just as, if not even more popular, with the youth of the world in decades gone past, and always.

He has been the singular and absolutely pervading voice of several generations already... but I easily concede that in the US, depending on which part one is from... one could be forgiven for not knowing this is a given. Especially at 19.

But you should keep the posts coming. Sometimes you have to really hunt on this place for an intelligent thread to add to... but they do come up, and they do exist.

Well done you, old soul.

And don't let anyone knock you back. Here, anywhere else, or in life.

Life is just about picking one's battles.

Welcome.

I'm pretty sure Oli-ver has way more important things to do than sit around here wondering what fascinating new thing is going to show up on the blue vinyl table. :straightface:

Oli-ver: you have a firmer grasp of reality (and this particular un-reality) than quite a few people who've been posting here for ages.

Let it be noted that Morrissey serves as a convenient punching bag for all and sundry until he steps up to the mic and croons, say, "That Joke isn't Funny Anymore," whereupon even the hardest-hearted, most cynical and obnoxious blowhards melt inwardly. It's sad, funny and true.

Only the trolls remain unaffected, but they don't count.

Thank you all for the kind words. Very much appreciated.

Maybe this place isn't completely depressing after all. I may stick around. But not for 7 years.

Btw, it would be interesting to see if Johnny Barleycorn has anything to say regarding the things I wrote after the hostile first post.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom