South America tour postponed due to food poisoning

UPDATE 6:25 PM PT:

Link posted by cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Productora: El equipo de Morrissey está devastado - Coopertiva.cl

Google translate excerpts:

The director of the firm, Rodrigo Perez, explains that "The day Saturday, Morrissey with his closest, about 8 people went to eat at a restaurant outside the path indicated by us, with regrettable consequences ".

"Within hours, one by one they fell, resulting in severe gastric problems. They doctors to examine and what was provided in that moment, it was not appropriate and it was bigger problems".

Against this background, "are with absolute rest. The hotel has almost become an outpatient clinic. There are people who can not get out of bed in 48 hours, and the prognosis is not very encouraging, because they also want to be with their doctors header and return to their countries of origin."

"For most of Morrissey and his team will return to London, just to give them up here in Lima" he said.

UPDATE 4:25 PM PT:

Famous when dead posted the link with some additional info:

Morrissey postpones South American tour due to ‘severe food poisoning,’ returns to U.K. - Slicing Up Eyeballs

Excerpt:

According to a similar but lengthier statement posted by Movistar Arena in Santiago, Chile — where the former Smiths frontman was slated to perform July 26 — those sickened “have remained at rest and observation,” while Morrissey has returned to England to be under the care of his “personal physicians.”

UPDATE 2:45 PM PT:

An anonymous person sends the link to the PuntoTicket Peru Facebook post:

SE POSTERGAN CONCIERTOS DE MORRISSEY EN SUDAMERICA

Bing translation excerpt:

BE postponed concerts of MORRISSEY in South America due to a severe food poisoning suffered by the artist and part of the team that accompanies it in Lima, the concerts scheduled for Latin America in July and August should be postponed to the next year. The new dates will be communicated soon.

Morrissey and his team have been in Lima, Peru from July 1. The artist was very excited about the upcoming shows and is very disappointed to have to postpone dates.
Sincerely, Colors point Ticket will be announcing this Friday 12th the mechanics of return tickets for those who do not wish to attend the new dates. For more information access the web from www.puntoticket.pe or by calling the call center 626 8383. For people wishing to attend the new dates can keep their tickets. We will be informing them advances.

Morrissey se intoxicó en Lima y sus conciertos en Sudamérica fueron postergados
- La Prensa

Google Translate excerpt:

"Latin America Concerts scheduled for July and August will be postponed for the next months," the agency that handles the event communication.

The former leader of the British band The Smiths, Steven Patrick Morrissey ( Morrissey ), not present in Lima. This is because he and some of his team suffered a severe intoxication. As reported by the producer through Facebook Colors Agency 3 Points.

"Latin America Concerts scheduled for July and August will be postponed for the next months. The new dates will be communicated soon, "the statement said.

19594_566258.jpg

Link reblogged by cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Se intoxicó Morrissey y no habrá conciertos:
“Los conciertos agendados para Latinoamérica en julio y agosto deberán postergarse para los próximos meses”, informó la agencia que se encarga de la comunicación del evento.

Original reblog on Tumblr / more details...

UPDATE - link from cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Morrissey posterga todos sus conciertos en Sudamérica - Terra Peru
El exvocalista de The Smiths tenía programado ofrecer un concierto esta noche en Lima, en el Jockey Club del Perú

Last edited by a moderator:
I call BS.....this is a hoax.

If not, he really must be in poor health.

Stay within the path indicated by the concierge! Oh how awful. :( Three days...I bet they were hoping they'd be better by today. Why cancel the whole tour though? Ugh, this sucks.

"On Saturday, Morrissey with his closest, about eight, went to eat at a restaurant outside the path indicated by us, with regrettable consequences, "

http://bit.ly/1dgpHjH

[sigh...] edit: 'sigh'.....because this statement from the promoter may well invalidate/complicate whatever health and cancellation insurance was covering these dates/tour. Suggestive behaviour more like ingenue tourists than professional touring musicians. When travelling on corporate stuff in foreign climes, it makes sense to stick to hotel: maybe it was too expensive so they risked a cheapo pizza? Tour catering is hardly rocket science. Another spectacular own goal by the looks of it.

Last edited:
All of the veggies were washed with raw chicken blood I suppose, or spit. "Burden of Dreams" (doc about Werner Herzog) has a scene where they make a drink out of fermented spit.

Or it could be he got a little sick and used that as a excuse to leave and cover his real reason for leaving, poor ticket sales.

Why isn't Kristeen Young sick? I find it a little hard to believe that she doesn't eat meals with him.

At any rate we can all expect the rambling TTY message soon; telling everyone how sorry he feels and how deeply he wanted to sing, and how great the people of South America are and something something Kate Middleton and something something animals, blah blah blah, shut up Morrissey. Be a man and own up to your commitments. Stop jerking your fans around.

All of the veggies were washed with raw chicken blood I suppose, or spit. "Burden of Dreams" (doc about Werner Herzog) has a scene where they make a drink out of fermented spit.

Or it could be he got a little sick and used that as a excuse to leave and cover his real reason for leaving, poor ticket sales.

I failed to mention that "Burden Of Dreams" was shot in Peru.

Not the scene, but the drink.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sickness (in theory) could have cause a tear where his ulcer is healing. They're tricky things.

Morrissey has got to be one of the most unreliable entertainers in show biz today... Look at his winter tour... Past behavior predicts future behavior. I call bullshit... Morrissey needs to quit taking his fans for granted... I'm not wasting anymore valuable time...

Why isn't Kristeen Young sick? I find it a little hard to believe that she doesn't eat meals with him.

At any rate we can all expect the rambling TTY message soon; telling everyone how sorry he feels and how deeply he wanted to sing, and how great the people of South America are and something something Kate Middleton and something something animals, blah blah blah, shut up Morrissey. Be a man and own up to your commitments. Stop jerking your fans around.

Very well said.

I would pay to watch him poop on stage. No way this is real. Not after canceling the remainder of the US tour. No way. Total hoax. No one goes home (all the way to London) for food poisoning. You can't even get more than a day with your boss using the "I've got food poisoning" excuse.

I woke up this morning and thought "oh cool I'll check Moz solo and see how the setlist ended up, lol that's if the whole tour didn't just get canc-oh...."

It was only the other day someone was saying how it had to go flawlessly... Sigh.

I've had food poisoning before overseas, it sucks, you puke a lot, you shit a lot...you don't go running back home straight away! "Oh you ran back to Ma.."

I just feel sorry for the South Americans, as an Australian going through so many false starts with tours I know it sucks. Ah well, here's hoping he can combine it with the missed American dates soon and we don't get a "sorry the tour has been canceled because Morrissey has gone on fire".

According to her facebook page she's only had swedish fish and skittles since arriving in South America...clever girl.

Anybody can get intoxicated anywhere , don´t blame Peruvian food . It is one of the bests in the world. Thanks

Holy shit!!!

I just got home, I was hoping to see some pics from first show...ohhhh! I am shocked (yeah I know, I know)!

Does Morrissey just have bad luck?!?

I hope everyone's ok...this is just pretty crazy

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom