South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

I sincerly hope Morrissey will play live again when he is perfectly fit and well.

I'll patiently wait for his recovery.

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

Can I just tell you that I really enjoy your posts and I always have. Even when you've been against me. I wish you would post more. You are smart. In 2003, I thought you were insane. You gave every indication of that, but as time went on, I could see what you were doing, keeping the spirit of Andy Kaufman alive. I found you charming, even though I didn't agree with some of your proposed thoughts, I still felt you were just pulling everyone's leg. It doesn't matter. One must always recognise brilliance, no matter where or who it comes from. You should write a blog here, keep your fans informed - at least, think about it?

This website needs more people like you, people with brilliant minds. It is so boring without. You know, all these wannabe's today stole your act. I remember. I saw what you were trying to do in the earlier days. It was great.

Anyway, I wish you would post more and give your thoughts and views on things because I enjoy your perspective. I wanted to tell you that there's someone else to add to the book of condolences thread, but I'm not going to be cruel. What's the saying? Let sleeping dogs lie. I look forward to more of your post. Farväl.

SAY WHAT?????

If someone can explain that post then please do.

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

SAY WHAT?????

If someone can explain that post then please do.

It means youre a f***ing idiot

(Im writting this on my third world coconut computer by the way)

Last edited:

I enjoy his cat and mouse game, he has no equal. Even if he didnt sing , he would captivate a room, that is why through your anger you say bad things, but it is all from jealousy and pain, love him from a far.

This page is crazy I love it , I love all the crazy and sick theories , I love all the debate.
Like it or not M-solo is the only place that debates and not only praise the artist.
:crazy:

That was really absurd. If Morrissey is sick, everyone's hearts go to him, everyone will be hoping and praying he gets well. But putting on a tour of South America when the U.S. dates were so messed up was irresponsible and unfair to the fans as people would buy tickets and arrange trips to see a gig in the hope he'd show up. And then those people would face the harassment and the cost of cancelling the trips as well. Just rest, get well and then if it's possible go out and play.

Longtime US fan here. I have to say most of Morrissey's statement is utterly ridiculous. For a number of years now, Morrissey has, for whatever reasons, chosen to do things in an increasingly sad and unprofessional manner. Specifically, I refer to the abortions he has tried to pass off as reissued albums, particularly Viva Hate, and any number of botched tour dates. And there is always some excuse, no matter how slight or unbelievable, his fans are supposed to accept without question. How many times are we meant to believe all the woe that supposedly befalls him? I love Morrissey, his work and what he has meant to my life. But I decided some time ago that until he becomes an adult and shows some respect for the fans who have supported and loved him throughout his career, I am done. No more Greatest Hits reissues, no more Best Ofs. No more ticket purchases for concerts that are never going to happen. It saddens me to see him become this trainwreck.

I'm assuming vivahate's reaction went something like this...

yes-gif.6641

a4a17_ORIG-at_first_i_was_like5.gif

Betrayed by the people he cares for most of all. It's ironic, really.

I don't think it's over, but maybe I'm in denial. I really have faith in Morrissey and feel that he will figure things out. I'm certainly no authority on record company politics or tour funding, or whatever, but this just seems all too sudden, and his message is riddled with sadness.

I think he needs time. Time to rest. Time to write. Time to think...And, maybe he does need a new team - altogether. Certainly new financial advisors. I have always liked Jesse, but maybe he should get new musicians (keep Boz, though.) I wish Alain could/would come back.

There is an answer and a way out of this very deep, dark well of despair. Morrissey must sing to live - I know that much. I guess if I could give a message to Morrissey, it would be: whatever it takes...just do it. Cut your losses. Cut ties. Regain faith in yourself. Know that what stares back at you in the mirror is not a "conclusion." It is the face of greatness. It is the light that never goes out. It is the man who is deemed a lyrical genius. The face of an Icon - who has more to say.

Easier said, I know. But, if there's a will there's a way. Please...don't let go.

I'm assuming vivahate's reaction went something like this...

yes-gif.6641
:lbf:
and really, he should just stop altogether for a long while :straightface:
then go back into some dreary, dark London studio in winter :thumb:
make a kick ass old school Moz album :guitar:
tour the world, for real :cool: which should include a show somewhere in "mainland Asia"
like, say, Hong Kong*, where I have been assured he has a following
that way I can see him perform one last time :o

*=its on my list to visit again anyhoo

If anyone's counting, I make that a total of 60 cancelled Morrissey shows in 2013.
Hope no-one booked flights and hotels for all of 'em. :/

I saw him at a Trayvon Martin rally in LA. He looked pissed.

Was Morrissey wearing a black hoody

I haven't logged in for a while but felt the need to come and post on this.

Just to say really that Morrissey and band should come back to the UK where selling tickets will be easier- particularly for a farewell tour- and logistical problems will be less. You are atill appreciated in UK, despite neglecting the British audience for a good while by not touring ( I appreciate the health problems that Morrissey has had). So, Come Back To Camden!

Mr Morrissey,

it's become very clear in recent years that you're just not fighting fit to tour anymore. Why not spend some time recording the dozens of songs you have stashed away and then go shopping for a deal on the strength of the songs. If financing is a problem then why not use 'Kickstarter' or 'pledgemusic'?

Much better than dicking about for a few more years

Chris

If there were ever a time to reform The Smiths it would be now.
It'd easily top The Roses' comeback, which was quite impressive but hit a ceiling pretty quick (still looking forward to new material, tho).

Moz could still keep Boz on as musical director and 2nd guitarist. Would that bother Smiths purists?
I'd also love to hear Johnny play a few of Morrissey's best-ever solo tracks. Would purists object?

Drummer, I'm not sure, but it will never be M Joyce.

All of this. And a book. They've both been coming, visible from a long, long way off.

P.

:lbf: This is exactly what I did.

Poor Mozza, he'll never learn, and I really really love him always.
I'd like to he'll get some rest for refining him.:sweet:

:lbf:
and really, he should just stop altogether for a long while
then go back into some dreary, dark London studio in winter :thumb:
make a kick ass old school Moz album :guitar:
tour the world, for real which should include a show somewhere in "mainland Asia"
like, say, Hong Kong*, where I have been assured he has a following
that way I can see him perform one last time
Well said! I completely agree.

If he'll come to Asia, ie Hong Kong or Japan.. I'd love to go and see him again.
I only doubt if I'll be risked if there'll be any doubts over his notorious 'cancellation'. I still wonder why Mozza didn't cancel Korean gig last year with poor ticket sales, exhausted tour schedule, etc.. there were so many of reason less appealing him, even he considered to cancel.:rolleyes: Well anyway he didn't cancel any of concert in Asia (including my country) last year and I could meet and see him. Looking back, it was amazing:) I feel I was very lucky. I miss him singing...

I'd also love to hear Johnny play a few of Morrissey's best-ever solo tracks. Would purists object?
The most fanciful thought ever. but it can be... fantastic.

Last edited:

If financing is a problem then why not use 'Kickstarter' or 'pledgemusic'?

He has said many times he is only interested in a traditional record deal with a big label.

A large advance is probably expected as well.

He left it at the "prom". When did the British decide they should have an end of year high school prom?

Good God I really hate all that shit 'will you be my date for the prom' ? :barf: Seeing all those stupid stretched cars riding up and down with wanna be kids waving and giving it the 'see me I'm a V I P you know' ! What a load of bollocks ! "I'm on the guest-list in the V I P area" ! :bow:
Listen up kids you don't know jack-shit its time to ignore all this American nonsense clap-trap and realise that you have to work hard to make money its not rocket science.
Bring back the school disco and hang the dj
There's a good site http://thechapmagazine.co.uk/ that is a great help for us English gents, I buy all my grooming products from their shop the Cyril Salter open razor is a must.

Wilton Shagpile.:D

I do not believe this is the end of the line. Just needs time to reflect and get some perspective.

Morrissey is a mancunian after all, weren't The Smiths and his solo career born out of adversity.

I would like to see him do an unplugged session.
Sitting on a stool, doing something you love. Surely MTV would bite?

'Presley's informal jamming in front of a small audience in the '68 Comeback Special is regarded as a forerunner of the so-called "Unplugged" concept, later popularized by MTV.'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom