South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

I sincerly hope Morrissey will play live again when he is perfectly fit and well.

I'll patiently wait for his recovery.

the cancelation doesn't change a thing, we still love you!!

"I'll still be by your side
For you are all that matters
And I'll love you to till the day I die
There never need be longing in your eyes "

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

His last two albums both did well in the charts and received good reviews though...

And the sales?

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

Come back home to Manchester.
Do live sessions on the radio and TV, old and new stuff.
Tour smaller UK venues, it just needs you, your voice and your band, less equipment, less expenses, reconnect with your fans again in small sweaty halls, like it used to be and feel the love again.

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

This statement almost made me cry.
The final line: "I shall see you in my dreams" just pushed me over the edge.
I will be so sad if this is the final curtain, I always thought he would go on forever but it seems all good things have to come to an end.

I can feel the heartache seeping through the computer screen, he must be so cut up about the whole thing.
I wish you all the very best Morrissey.
I love you just as much now as I did then and always will.

Come back to us in the UK, we need you!
X

'Come back to us in the UK, we need you!' Like a reindeer needs a hat rack !!!!!!!!

"Wolf !" cried the boy "wolf help!!!! help wolf!" But nobody in the village gave any attention because they'd heard it all before ! And before and before some more.
He's losing his touch surely he could have blamed MI5 and the British secret service for this latest embarrassment.
I'm so glad the platform has been taken away from his bigmouth to spout crass remarks about William and Kate and their new-born prince/princess. And also the British Falkland Isles.
Maybe its just Gods way of telling him to stop being an arse-hole !
Take the phone off the hook Johnny there's a nutter on the loose.

You know he couldn't last someone please take him home (and put his dummy back in his cake hole).

S Cowshed

One thing keeps me annoying... it means that he went bankrupt? Because I checked in Brasil and the sales for all three shows are still open. I mean, it's not the promoter that should transport artist and crew from A to B, B to C, C to D, D to E and so on? So, if this caught him by surprise it was not his decision. So, whom decision it was? If it was promoter's decision the tickets would not be on sale anymore, but I phone Tickets for Fun in Brasil and they don't know a thing. So, anyone knows how this works? Morrissey had already received all the payment and should be paying the logistics costs and he does not have the money anymore because of all that went wrong before?

This is the last song I will ever sing
No I've changed my mind again
GOODNIGHT
AND THANK YOU

"Time will prove everything"
"Don't forget me ! I love you goodbye":nopity::sleeping:

Bless his cotton socks

One thing keeps me annoying... it means that he went bankrupt? Because I checked in Brasil and the sales for all three shows are still open. I mean, it's not the promoter that should transport artist and crew from A to B, B to C, C to D, D to E and so on? So, if this caught him by surprise it was not his decision. So, whom decision it was? If it was promoter's decision the tickets would not be on sale anymore, but I phone Tickets for Fun in Brasil and they don't know a thing. So, anyone knows how this works? Morrissey had already received all the payment and should be paying the logistics costs and he does not have the money anymore because of all that went wrong before?

Your right there is a strange smell about all this but don't worry the truth will come out soon. Seatbelts on everyone ! This could be a bumpy ride ahead !

Wait...didnt he just say he was going to keep singing until he was 'dead in a ditch'? Now he's given up because he can't afford to rent a bus for his crew? Be careful not to make grandiose statements if you're apt to change your mind in a few hours.

If there were ever a time to reform The Smiths it would be now.
It'd easily top The Roses' comeback, which was quite impressive but hit a ceiling pretty quick (still looking forward to new material, tho).

Moz could still keep Boz on as musical director and 2nd guitarist. Would that bother Smiths purists?
I'd also love to hear Johnny play a few of Morrissey's best-ever solo tracks. Would purists object?

Drummer, I'm not sure, but it will never be M Joyce.

There were rumours he was on his uppers before Quarry, and that its relative success pulled him out of the mire.

I would have thought getting from venue to venue was down to him. The promoters are prepared to pay 'x' and from that all other costs are deducted. Perhaps the promoters in Brazil and Argentina were nervous about going the same way as Colors and just pulled the plug. I would have too.

I don't go with the theory some here have put forward that he is lazy. I think the problem is he works too hard. The question then becomes why? He's a very rich man, surely?

It never made sense that he went from small venue to small venue on a worldwide perma-tour when he could have turned up in London, New York, Paris or LA once every couple of years with a new album and filled his pockets and vanished again to write the next album.

It wouldn't surprise me if cashflow is an issue. I would not want to be owed $300 by Morrissey with his reputation, let alone $300,000.

Last edited:

It wouldn't really be the Smiths unless it was all four of them. Like it or not Joyce is a founder member.

If there were ever a time to reform The Smiths it would be now.
It'd easily top The Roses' comeback, which was quite impressive but hit a ceiling pretty quick (still looking forward to new material, tho).

Moz could still keep Boz on as musical director and 2nd guitarist. Would that bother Smiths purists?
I'd also love to hear Johnny play a few of Morrissey's best-ever solo tracks. Would purists object?

And what is your authority on Mr Joyce not playing drums in a re-union !! Money changes everything ! What if Johnny and Andy turn round and say "Well actually Steven its us Craig and Mike or shove it up yer arsenal !"
As for the Boz comment being musical director/2nd guitarist L M A O He's not worthy of TUNING any of Johnny's gear. Clutching at straws springs to mind with your post

Hooky

Joyce is a founder member.

No, he wasn't. Johnny Marr and Morrissey were the founder members of The Smiths. A different drummer was even on their earliest demos.

Wait...didnt he just say he was going to keep singing until he was 'dead in a ditch'? Now he's given up because he can't afford to rent a bus for his crew? Be careful not to make grandiose statements if you're apt to change your mind in a few hours.

Statement TTY

Lets form a charity and donate money so Moz can afford a tour bus and crew so the "Antique-roadshow" can chug on !
May we also bring to your attention that whilst Morrissey remains committed to the sold out tour that doesn't tour without any publicity or promotion he still remains without a recording contract.

Can't imagine why ?

Benny-the-Butcher

"the sensible solution seems to be the art of doing nothing."

Alternatively, one could reply to Johnny's mails and see where that takes you - whilst I have no real affinity with bands like U2, the Rolling Stones, Stone Roses etc I can see that they all have bona fida musicianship which you appear to think comes second to "the voice" these days - it certainly doesn't for me or the record companies it seems...

Milk a reunion for all it's worth (you've earned it baby!) - top up your retirement fund, use the money to record/release a new solo album if you please (new writers preferably), give money to the charities you believe in, heal old wounds/friendships and get some artistic respect back by playing with real musicians once again.

In reality, I half expect new UK dates to be announced this time next week and you'll be off (trudging) down the well beaten track once again - but it really doesn't have to be that way...

I know Joyce has had money off Morrissey and this has made Morrissey upset, but a fairly modest (say, 50 date) worldwide tour by The Smiths would bring in 10s of millions and dwarf that sum.

A Smiths reunion would delight most fans and allow Morrissey a comfortable retirement.

At this point, it's looking like a good option for him.

No, he wasn't. Johnny Marr and Morrissey were the founder members of The Smiths. A different drummer was even on their earliest demos.

Simon Wolstencraft played on a couple of demos but according to Johnny Marr declined to join the band because he didn't like Morrissey's voice. He was never in the Smiths.

When they played their first show it was Morrissey, Marr, Joyce and Rourke.

The fact is he still the best in lyrics and compassion, in singing and fans,u have to after so many humbling cancellation letters. KEEP IT SIMPLE. the marketing skeems have caught up,guit being picky on record labels. If need put out more compilations,everywhere not just UK. Get well . Hell if need to license the bootleg library. MARTIN GORE had all their live shows for sale. Don't u leave us hangin Mozzer.

Simon Wolstencraft played on a couple of demos but according to Johnny Marr declined to join the band because he didn't like Morrissey's voice. He was never in the Smiths.

When they played their first show it was Morrissey, Marr, Joyce and Rourke.

Whatever, Joyce was never a 'founder member', just accept it

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom