South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

I sincerly hope Morrissey will play live again when he is perfectly fit and well.

I'll patiently wait for his recovery.

Get some rest. :sweet:

The saddest statement I have read in a long, long time.
Yes, there may well be an element of exaggeration in his choice of words, yet it should be plain for all to see that this is a man at his lowest ebb, a man who is suffering and needs an arm around his shoulder right now.

All the best Moz.

"Don't let the bastards grind you down"

UK and Ireland, watch this space.

A Shropshire Lad (1896)
by A. E. Housman

XLV. If it chance your eye offend you

If it chance your eye offend you,
Pluck it out, lad, and be sound:
’Twill hurt, but here are salves to friend you,
And many a balsam grows on ground.

And if your hand or foot offend you,
Cut it off, lad, and be whole;
But play the man, stand up and end you,
When your sickness is your soul.

Another statement full of self loathing and "woe is me" yarbles. Everyone bends over backwards to accommodate him during tours and he's forever throwing a strop like mini Mozart/child protege. He needs to either carry on with the tour or pack it in for good instead of wasting everyone's time with his brainless cack. I wish he'd just f*** off and write some songs and focus on getting an album out and stop releasing these "I'm blameless, it's out of my hands" statements. He needs a f***ing slap and then he needs telling to pull his socks up.

then he needs telling to pull his socks up.

Oh Mozza, gal, it's far too hot for socks. Haven't you guys got a heatwave too? I believe this time is not the time to be rough (all other times are ok though. ;) )

Mind you, when Kirk Douglas was sick, his family just said "stop moaning and go mow the lawn, you old useless fart", and apparently, it worked...

He's pouting now (not Kirk) but he probably sees the sense in not being pampered TOO MUCH. ;)
Ah rough northern love! Don't you just love it...So Hot! (wipes armpits)

Also, dear dear Morrissey, since you are apparently pissed off because you PERSONALLY have to apologize (and rightly so! Oh absolutely! Bloody scandal) , please consider hiring me as an Apologizing Assistant. You could pay me loads and everytime something goes wrong I'd sternly go "I unreservedly apologize for that. My bad. Oops-a-daisy." In every country people would shake their fists at me but deep down I wouldn't give a damn. I'd always smile at them. It'd be just like being on Solo when you annoy people, except for the cheque at the end of the month.

Don't say anything, just think about it. Win-Win. Although I know you're just interested in Win, you know it makes sense... :D

So I guess this means the entire South American tour is cancelled. Sad day...

It really sounds like he's done with it. Be it his fault or not, is beside the point. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. This sounds like a farewell. It is truly a sad day for me if it is his final goodbye.

This statement almost made me cry.
The final line: "I shall see you in my dreams" just pushed me over the edge.
I will be so sad if this is the final curtain, I always thought he would go on forever but it seems all good things have to come to an end.

I can feel the heartache seeping through the computer screen, he must be so cut up about the whole thing.
I wish you all the very best Morrissey.
I love you just as much now as I did then and always will.

Come back to us in the UK, we need you!
X

We will always have the memories and who knows the autobiography might make an appearance soon.

Last edited:
If I by chance your eye offend you - true-to-you.net
19 July 2013

If I by chance your eye offend you

I am informed today that the projected tour of South America is snuffed out, thus euthanized - due, I'm reliably advised, to lack of funding. It's quite easy to sell tickets, yet impossible to transport band and crew from F to G.
In a year when far too many disappointments have been buried this really is the last of many final straws, and I am not alone in feeling this. The future is suddenly absent, and my apologies are now so frequent as to be somewhat ridiculous, and it is I who apologize because no one else would bother. It is agonizing to be responsible for imparting such news - especially when it springs upon me unexpectedly and inexplicably. But the collapse of South America rings the curtain down with a colossal thud, and the major problems remain as insoluble now as they were in 2009. The obvious conclusion stares back at me from the mirror, and the wheels are finally off the covered wagon. Cancellations and illness have sucked the life out of all of us, and the only sensible solution seems to be the art of doing nothing.
As always I ask your pardon, and I offer pangs of overwhelming love and gratitude to the band and the crew, whose loyalty stretched above and beyond.

I shall see you in my dreams,
Morrissey
19 July 2013, Los Angeles

morrissey_live_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

May he get some rest, release the auto-biography and do a worldwide book signing.

Bonus: The book should come with an audio CD of Morrissey reading it out loud.

The central problem is obvious and has been for some years.

"Dear God, Please Help Me"
"You Have Killed Me"
"Life Is a Pigsty"
"Something Is Squeezing My Skull"
"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
"That's How People Grow Up"

Just under twenty-five minutes of decent material in the nine years since the sublime Quarry. Couple that with an aggressive delusion that his recent work eclipses what went before and bingo.

I suppose now The Smiths reunion rumours will gain greater ground. I wouldn't go myself, as they were of their time and that's how I want to remember them, but I wouldn't begrudge the four of them one final payday.

The saddest statement I have read in a long, long time.
Yes, there may well be an element of exaggeration in his choice of words, yet it should be plain for all to see that this is a man at his lowest ebb, a man who is suffering and needs an arm around his shoulder right now.

All the best Moz.

"Don't let the bastards grind you down"

I agree. Truly saddened by this. And worried for Morrissey.

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

The central problem is obvious and has been for some years.

"Dear God, Please Help Me"
"You Have Killed Me"
"Life Is a Pigsty"
"Something Is Squeezing My Skull"
"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"
"That's How People Grow Up"

Just under twenty-five minutes of decent material in the nine years since the sublime Quarry. Couple that with an aggressive delusion that his recent work eclipses what went before and bingo.

I suppose now The Smiths reunion rumours will gain greater ground. I wouldn't go myself, as they were of their time and that's how I want to remember them, but I wouldn't begrudge the four of them one final payday.

His last two albums both did well in the charts and received good reviews though...

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

Oh, poor Morrissey. This is such a sad statement :tears: He is clearly devastated.

I hope he gets the rest he needs and hopefully can sing for us again when the time is right.:love:

Take all the time you need, Morrissey, we'll be here waiting. I'm here, I will not move

I'm actually glad to hear this. The never-ending nostalgia/heritage tour was doing nothing for Morrissey as a modern day artist (or his health for that matter). Go and co-write some bloody good songs, and if your own tour is not viable, just do the festival circuit, as you've done reasonably successfully in the past.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom