Morrissey Central "SOUTH AMERICA" (April 14, 2023)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're right. I was remembering the videos of the 2012 South American tour, where he looked and sounded in a way that seemed to appeal there. If he can afford it in the years left to him, he should absolutely do the punk thing if that's what he wants. It's just not for me - his appeal lies in an interesting and rebellious character presented in the pleasing vocal, music and appearance that have brought him success in the past. I'm not saying he couldn't succeed in the classic punk genre but that he might not hold on to his existing fanbase if he tried it.
Absolutely, i didn't mean in the pantomime safety pins and mohican punk sense, or musically, just his attitude mainly.
He doesn't care what i or you think or anyone really, bar his dear mum probably.
And that makes him, and always has done, very unique.

Not many, I would expect. I love Alain but surely almost all people go to a Moz concert because of Moz.

It's natural that a lot of the criticisms aimed at Morrissey in Europe have (happily) no effect here, if this is the kind of thing you're thinking about. A lot of it is very local. Brexit? For Britain? Why would anyone care here? Most people wouldn't even know what that's all about.

And Moz seemed happy to have him back. Yet he's the one who's decided to leave, Morrissey hasn't kicked him out, at least from the little info we have. It might not even be a permanent thing.

Agree Morrissey probably doesn't exactly choose the musicians (he obviously would have to approve). Doesn't seem like he ever has. Johnny Marr back then approached him and I believe he got all the other members as well. Then Street took the initiative to write with him. Alain appears to have actively sought his involvement with Morrissey back in 1991 (and brought the other members) and this time as well...
You seem very keen, that Morrissey always emerges unsullied from any predicament. Alain literally offered
himself during the pandemic after years of asylum. Daily live videos in which he mostly refers to his ex-employer. He comes back, vibes are the best they've been since Morrissey's total crash in 2017/2018. Touring, recording, a seemingly happy AW and then suddenly exit stage left! Has nothing to do with Morrissey, of course, when the crowd favourite, for reasons still to be clarified, abandons the trust he has so painstakingly earned?! So Morrissey obviously doesn't have a big problem with Jesse Tobias putting together a new band and I hope for you blue-eyed noble fans that it is diverse as f%?@, in order to finally get the hoped-for record deal. But even then, people like you would describe it as a great natural success. Donnie, Sam, Fi & Jesse: Morrissey, so much to answer for! Is this the professional "management" for your band?
Or don't you give a sh$% about anything as far as your external image is concerned?

And always the nervously hysterical comments of the new pseudo-fans on Twitter: it's not 100% confirmed yet that Alain is completely gone. Maybe he'll be back after the next tours. Yes, don't panic while Boz is laughing his head off in Portugal and Alain notices painfully, that 2023 is not 1993 or 2003.

Last edited:
You seem very keen, that Morrissey always emerges unsullied from any predicament. Alain literally offered
himself during the pandemic after years of asylum. Daily live videos in which he mostly refers to his ex-employer. He comes back, vibes are the best they've been since Morrissey's total crash in 2017/2018. Touring, recording, a seemingly happy AW and then suddenly exit stage left! Has nothing to do with Morrissey, of course, when the crowd favourite, for reasons still to be clarified, abandons the trust he has so painstakingly earned?! So Morrissey obviously doesn't have a big problem with Jesse Tobias putting together a new band and I hope for you blue-eyed noble fans that it is diverse as f%?@, in order to finally get the hoped-for record deal. But even then, people like you would describe it as a great natural success. Donnie, Sam, Fi & Jesse: Morrissey, so much to answer for! Is this the professional "management" for your band?
Or don't you give a sh$% about anything as far as your external image is concerned?

And always the nervously hysterical comments of the new pseudo-fans on Twitter: it's not 100% confirmed yet that Alain is completely gone. Maybe he'll be back after the next tours. Yes, don't panic while Boz is laughing his head off in Portugal and Alain notices painfully, that 2023 is not 1993 or 2003.
Lowest bitter is a great sig for you! Who knew you knew!

Lol I'm not sure what your problem is.

Yes, Alain's sudden exit is very strange and unfortunate and it’s sad. No, we don't know what happened, whether the Moz/Alain co-writes are still a thing, whether he might come back or there's no chance of that 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Don’t fool yourself. Even with Alain back you wouldn’t go near a Morrissey concert these days.

Any excuse to stick in the knife, stick in the knife, stick in the knife.

Don’t fool yourself. Even with Alain back you wouldn’t go near a Morrissey concert these days.
Any excuse to stick in the knife, stick in the knife, stick in the knife.
Don't be so dramatic. I almost drove the 110 km to Strasbourg and certainly didn't make the decision easy. Sometimes you decide against it and hope to see Alain at other European concerts, maybe in Germany. I did and he's gone. So, good luck for the new line-up and most enjoable concert memories for the good people of South- and Latin America.

Don't be so dramatic. I almost drove the 110 km to Strasbourg and certainly didn't make the decision easy. Sometimes you decide against it and hope to see Alain at other European concerts, maybe in Germany. I did and he's gone. So, good luck for the new line-up and most enjoable concert memories for the good people of South- and Latin America.
Don’t be such a patronizing ghoul, you can do better.

Again he’s not just playing South-America, but also to the good people of Israel, Ireland and UK.

I do hope for a German show sometime soon too.

Don’t be such a patronizing ghoul, you can do better.

Again he’s not just playing South-America, but also to the good people of Israel, Ireland and UK.

I do hope for a German show sometime soon too.
I am two people @Thewlis
One you know, but don't like.
The other one you don't know, but you don't want to...

They haven't even announced a full band yet for next month's shows in Israel/UK.

I'm guessing it would be quite difficult to organize a multi-country tour like this without proper management in place. Certainly far more complex than a UK or US run, where steady contacts are likely in place for venue booking, travel, staging/equipment, logistics, crew, etc.

I'm guessing it would be quite difficult to organize a multi-country tour like this without proper management in place. Certainly far more complex than a UK or US run, where steady contacts are likely in place for venue booking, travel, staging/equipment, logistics, crew, etc.
Well he does have a tour manager.

Well he does have a tour manager.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. And even though he didn’t announce the band line up
( does he always have to?) doesn’t necessarily mean that the shows are not going to happen.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. And even though he didn’t announce the band line up
( does he always have to?) doesn’t necessarily mean that the shows are not going to happen.
Yeah. And they have announced replacements for Alain and Gustavo, the two band members we know have left.

He has done it before several times ( 2000, 2012, 2015, 2018).

Back
Top Bottom