Sorry Doesn't Help

I've been hooked on this track lately. I have it on repeat.

Loathed it at first, but it's a grower.

Agreed!

when i first downloaded the leaked YOR album, i really didnt care for the song at all, but the past week or so, its really been growing on me and i possibly even love the song lol :blushing:

I think its a great track - liked it the first i heard it

Rather than anything negative I found the first couple of listenings almost "invisible" but it's really grown on me. Love the retro Sparks-style keyboards and the guitar line (the chord changes are boring, though).

In the Future still pips it for me but I think Jesse is improving as a songwriter after all (said while Jamie's out of the room).

It's still one of the weaker tracks on the album, but that just shows its a much stronger record than the last two.

Re: Sorry doesnt help us

It's not as immediately dramatic as some of the new ones, but it really appeals to me for reasons I cannot describe. It's the lyrics, I'm totally taken in by the story.

I think is one of his best new songs..

It's not as immediately dramatic as some of the new ones, but it really appeals to me for reasons I cannot describe. It's the lyrics, I'm totally taken in by the story.

:thumb::clap::highfive:

It's my #1 favorite song on the album. It doesn't rock as hard as "I'm Ok..." but I love the crap out of it! The organ is unexpected and I think it works so well on that track. Lines like "You lie about the lies that you've told, which is the full extent of what being you is all about", blow me away. I don't know how he thinks of these things.

Vocally I think it's a stunning song. Every time he hits the long note on "us" I get chills. And musically the song is 100% rock solid.

I F-ING LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!

Although it's not my favourite song on the album, it's very good. It reminds me of old Moz, back in the days. The rest of the album sort of cuts himself off from old Moz to me, which is upsetting. Listening to one or two of them, I can't help but think "No more LOTFIP or Everyday Is Like Sunday or even I Have Forgiven Jesus." But with that, it makes me think there could be. It's nice!:)

Although it's not my favourite song on the album, it's very good. It reminds me of old Moz, back in the day's. The rest of the album sort of cuts himself off from old Moz to me, which is upsetting. Listening to one or two of them, I can't help but think "No more LOTFIP or Everyday Is Like Sunday or even I Have Forgiven Jesus." But with that, it makes me think there could be. It's nice!:)

What day's are them?

and sorry will not bring my teen years back to me (any time soon)
Forced back, it springs right out

sorry will not bring my love into my arms (as far as I know…)
sorry doesn’t help us
sorry will not save us

sorry won’t undo all the good gone wrong

"Forced back, it springs right out" is such a sensual detail. It makes the truth a tangible thing, which could also be an allusion to the nature of the lie.

The qualifying "any time soon" and "as far as I know" are classic Morrissey in that they play both sides of the coin. Nothing is ever definite--"I'm not happy and I'm not sad."

"Sorry doesn't help us, sorry will not save us" echo Jeane, to me. And "sorry won't undo all the good gone wrong" immediately makes me think of "what can make GOOD all the BAD that's been done?" in November Spawned a Monster.

"Forced back, it springs right out" is such a sensual detail. It makes the truth a tangible thing, which could also be an allusion to the nature of the lie.

You think it's about a man's attempt to perform his own sex change on the cheap, then?

"Sorry doesn't help us, sorry will not save us" echo Jeane, to me. And "sorry won't undo all the good gone wrong" immediately makes me think of "what can make GOOD all the BAD that's been done?" in November Spawned a Monster.

Or forgiveness-- remember that he said he'd forgiven his enemies on the "There's A Place In Hell" track on "Kill Uncle" but in the live version he says he won't. Oh Morrissey, you devil!

By the way, who would possibly expect forgiveness from Morrissey? We're talking about a man who needed about 45 years to work up the strength of heart to forgive Jesus Christ. Mere mortals needn't hold their breath.

Tags
emma rules ruining it uber-troll
Back
Top Bottom