Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

20200906_222623.jpg

I hope this is draft artwork.
FWD.

That Quarry photo, wow. Awful.

Why can't they just use the original artwork.......this just cheapens everything. The Southpaw photo was taken yrs later....at least use a photo from the same year.

Will anyone who has the originals buy another copy just because its on a different label?

Peculiar framing, super imposing and text configuration, he looks like he's squashed on the Quarry one. Has to be drafts!!!

f*** me the artwork is horrendous, I mean, Jesus.
To read through “Peepholism” and see Moz describe each font, colour, image and frame of The Smiths artwork so lovingly to this bag of shite - is almost as headache inducing as the For Britain badge.
Who is doing the artwork? Sam? Downright bizzare, I mean the recent artwork has been shit, but those are new releases!?!?
I do hope these don’t end up being the final artwork, for I don’t own either of these records on vinyl and I have dreamt of doing so for a while now - but I would have to seriously consider if the final product looked like this crap!

The Southpaw one is just as bad, if not worse.

It's a fairly handsome Moz photo, at least.
Hard to understand why he wants to do this though - we're on to reissues of reissues at this point, and Southpaw was a crap album in the first place.

f*** me the artwork is horrendous, I mean, Jesus.
To read through “Peepholism” and see Moz describe each font, colour, image and frame of The Smiths artwork so lovingly to this bag of shite - is almost as headache inducing as the For Britain badge.
Who is doing the artwork? Sam? Downright bizzare, I mean the recent artwork has been shit, but those are new releases!?!?
I do hope these don’t end up being the final artwork, for I don’t own either of these records on vinyl and I have dreamt of doing so for a while now - but I would have to seriously consider if the final product looked like this crap!
Lol

It's a fairly handsome Moz photo, at least.
Hard to understand why he wants to do this though - we're on to reissues of reissues at this point.
First reissue was CD only?

First reissue was CD only?

True, true. Though even so, I can't imagine who is going to buy this? How many copies and different formats of a mediocre 25-year-old album does any fan need to have?

Except for that fold in the backdrop, these look great.

of course, hoping for some unreleased track too.

:pray::)

I can forgive the Southpaw artwork, just, even if the original artwork is some of the best. But good lord that YATQ looks absolutely awful.

Terrible new photo choices.
I wonder if M secretly likes photos in which he looks laughably bad, eg Swords cover.
The vinyl I'm missing personally is Maladjusted. Wish they'd put that out again. Cover couldn't be much worse. Then again...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom