Songs that sound like Morrissey wrote them

Ugly Devil

This song by the Icicle Works sounds like something from Malajusted, listen to that chorus.

This is a Morrissey song, as far as I'm concerned. The vocal melody and that chorus.. pure, pure Morrissey.

This is a Morrissey song, as far as I'm concerned. The vocal melody and that chorus.. pure, pure Morrissey.

He nailed this one on the studio version. When he doubles his own voice during the chorus lines it's pure magic.

He nailed this one on the studio version. When he doubles his own voice during the chorus lines it's pure magic.
The note at 2.19 makes it for me, absolutely love it.

Again:

It's more the music and his bariton. Lyrics are 100% Divine Comedy.

Yes, this is a great song, and the music is reminiscent of Morrissey à la Sunny or A Swallow on My Neck or Boxers. I discovered Hamish Hawk on this forum not too long ago, courtesy of someone posting a video of him covering Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want. Not sure if that was you, but I was grateful for the find.

To write a cathedral, I'll need a ball-point pen
It'll sound like 'Common People' sung by Christopher Wren
On an upright piano with nice, narrow keys
In a Glaswegian chapel or a Parisian library

Yes, this is a great song, and the music is reminiscent of Morrissey à la Sunny or A Swallow on My Neck or Boxers. I discovered Hamish Hawk on this forum not too long ago, courtesy of someone posting a video of him covering Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want. Not sure if that was you, but I was grateful for the find.

To write a cathedral, I'll need a ball-point pen
It'll sound like 'Common People' sung by Christopher Wren
On an upright piano with nice, narrow keys
In a Glaswegian chapel or a Parisian library
Yes. The music sounds like a mixture of Sunny, Boxers and There is a place in hell for me and my friends. Absolutely loving it.

I'm Not Worth Hitting and Naked Civil Servant and Diana Dorrs sound similar to Morrissey tracks......

Plus the - truly - superb STAY AS YOU ARE...

Hazard x

Back
Top Bottom