Songs that shouldn't have made it onto a Moz album?

JDW

Between his 1988 Viva Hate album to Maladjusted in 1997, Morrissey released a lot of great albums but are there any albums that contain a track that you dislike because either you don't like it lyrically or you find it to be filler. That would be best left off the album or do you think all his 80's/90's albums were done quite well in all. And also if there was a b-side released during the album's release that would have benefited being on it instead of a track.

Any opinions on this?

Roy's Keen should be used at Guantanamo Bay to torture terrorists with. I'd tell you everything after hearing that lyric for the fifth or sixth time.

thats how people grow up has weird production when compared to the rest of the album. songs alright though not my fav but i always have to turn it up because it sounds so compressed and just mixed low. maybe its a single mix or something but it causes me to skip it almost every time

Do Your Best
Southpaw

You're crazy.

As for my choices: The entire production of You Are The Quarry, half of the songs on Ringleader of the Tormentors, That's How People Grow Up, Sorry Doesn't Help and Earth is the Loneliest Planet.

Margaret On The Guillotine
Found Found Found
Sorrow Will Come In The End
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
That's How People Grow Up
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle

Frankly, I cannot objectively tamper with Arsenal, Vauxhall, or Southpaw.

The Father Who Must Be Killed should have been swapped with Christian Dior.

I agree with Bengali. I also can't tamper with YA or Vauxhall.

another great one from swords. such a breezy song about someones death. kinda like istanbul with its oscillating crunch and uplifting sounding verse. love it

so whatre yours then. cant resist after the differences comment.

Going post-Maladjusted

I'm not sorry
How can anyone
You know I couldn't
In the future
To me you are
On the streets
One day goodbye
Sorry doesn't help
I'm ok by myself
I'm not a man (his most excruciating lyric)
Smiler with knife ('sex and love are not the same' is a sub-Robert Palmer observation)
Oboe

Lordy !!!,lordy !!!!!
Forget the solo recordings.......what about the musical monstrosity commonly known as "golden lights" !!!!!!!!
How could a man with such heavenly morals,lyrics,and general wonderfulness inflict 300 million people in america with this assault on the senses by including it on "louder than bombs" !!!!!!
Words fail me !!!!.

Going post-Maladjusted

I'm not sorry
How can anyone
You know I couldn't
In the future
To me you are
On the streets
One day goodbye
Sorry doesn't help
I'm ok by myself
I'm not a man (his most excruciating lyric)
Smiler with knife ('sex and love are not the same' is a sub-Robert Palmer observation)
Oboe

What do you have against I'm Not Sorry? It's my favourite Moz song second to Ammunition!

Lordy !!!,lordy !!!!!
Forget the solo recordings.......what about the musical monstrosity commonly known as "golden lights" !!!!!!!!
How could a man with such heavenly morals,lyrics,and general wonderfulness inflict 300 million people in america with this assault on the senses by including it on "louder than bombs" !!!!!!
Words fail me !!!!.
I don't get your point, what's wrong with the lyrics? I'm not very god in english, so excuse my question.

Billy Budd, The Bullfighter Dies and That's How People Grow Up. If they were the only Morrissey songs that existed I still wouldn't listen to them.

Back
Top Bottom