Songs recorded live/radio but never recorded in studio form?

JDW

Are there any information on songs Morrissey's performed live or on radio but never recorded in a studio?

For example, "Nothing Rhymed" from 2002 performed in Dublin I think. A list would be great!

Thank you.

I'm Playing Easy to Get

Trash

Cosmic Dancer

Streetlife

To Give (The Reason I Live)

Satellite of Love

You Say You Don't Love Me

Last edited:
I'm Playing Easy to Get

Trash

Human Being

Noone Can Hold A Candle to You

Streetlife

Satellite of Love

That´s not right for Human Being and ...Candle. !!

Last edited:
I'm Playing Easy to Get

Trash

Cosmic Dancer

Streetlife

Satellite of Love

Add:

Noise Is The Best Revenge

Moon Over Kentucky

Drive-In Saturday

I wouln't really count all the cover versions he's been playing live over the years. The only two genuine Morrissey songs are Playing Easy To Get and Noise Is The Best Revenge. Along with the mysterious Home Is A Question Mark, this counts for three unreleased tracks from YATQ!

The Kid's A Looker
People Are The Same Everywhere
Action Is My Middle Name

What about the Smiths one?

Off the top of my head: Sweet and Tender Hooligan, Is it Really So Strange?, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, Handsome Devil have all only officially been released as radio session versions.

What about the Smiths one?

Off the top of my head: Sweet and Tender Hooligan, Is it Really So Strange?, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, Handsome Devil have all only officially been released as radio session versions.

are they really, strange. wait not just radio songs but some of those do have studio recordings. louder than bombs at least has the first two. i also dont think cover versions should count

are they really, strange. wait not just radio songs but some of those do have studio recordings. louder than bombs at least has the first two.

Nope. The versions of 'Is It Really So Strange' and 'Sweet and Tender Hooligan' on 'Louder than Bombs' are both BBC radio session versions, recorded for John Peel's radio show. No versions of these songs from any 'proper' Smith's recording session has ever been officially released. An abandoned, unfinished attempt by John Porter to record a proper studio version 'Is It Really So Strange' has been leaked onto bootlegs a few years ago, but that's it. Shame, really.

I'm Playing Easy to Get

Trash

Cosmic Dancer

Streetlife

Satellite of Love

I'd never heard Streetlife, it's on youtube, it's dreadful, but thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom