Songs Morrissey should cover

A studio version of 'Trash' would be great. Also, 'Sad Boy' by Stevie Wonder and 'Time Will Pass You By' by Tobi Legend.

I would also suggest one or two of:

"The List Goes On" by the Ordinary Boys
"Life Will Be the Death of Me" by the Ordinary Boys
"Talk Talk Talk" by the Ordinary Boys
"Over the Counter Culture" by the Ordinary Boys

He could also throw in "Danny Boy" cuz reasons.
I though your fist few choices were bad but

The ordinary boys. Lol Lol

Ha hahaha lolol
The worst taste in the whole wide world Papa

Never liked any cover by anyone, in fact some covers almost ruined some of my favourite songs for me.
Had to drop my shopping bag and bolt out of a supermarket once upon hearing a spectacularly bland rendition of "everybody's gotta learn sometime." :tears:
Gwen Stefani went from "cool" to "NOT cool at all" the day she decided to wear Mark Hollis's hat. :crazy:

Examples abund. Covers are traumatic.
The only one I liked was "Hurt" by Johnny Cash, and that may have been because I didn't know it was a cover. I think someone claimed here he's very distantly related to lil Sammy. Hey I'm not prejudiced. You can't choose your family. That cover was quite moving in spite of that.

But I think some songs could make interesting covers. If someone went out of their comfort zone. f*** the rose garden, let's see what could be made out of this:

I'm quite serious. (Careful though, "together forever" would be taking it too far. That one is shite. Let's stick to songs that are timeless.)

The current mood is not ....entertainment. :rolleyes: Too bad, these also would have been great...

Say Hello Wave Goodbye by Soft Cell.

That is a brilliant song and I think he would do a great cover of it or perhaps also by Soft Cell, Sex Dwarf. He could really camp it up just to annoy all the homophobic arseholes

Another one I would love to hear is Mad World by Tears for Fears

Thanks Mozero for all your effort, inspired and ludicrous in equal measure.

I really like this idea. I always thought the camp theatricality of Rufus Wainwright would suit him really well. My absolute favourite for him would be this, but I'm not sure he's got the range these days:

Defo beyond his range but this he could do:

Though given his current leanings :rolleyes: I fear he might do:

:cool:

Ps: I joke, I actually adore the 2nd song, have since I was a little a kid, my rabid anti Nazi opa sang it sometimes, the song it’s based on is actually a German folk song possibly written by a Jewish guy :o connotations now be damned :straightface:

Defo beyond his range but this he could do:

Though given his current leanings :rolleyes: I fear he might do:

:cool:

Ps: I joke, I actually adore the 2nd song, have since I was a little a kid, my rabid anti Nazi opa sang it sometimes, the song it’s based on is actually a German folk song possibly written by a Jewish guy :o connotations now be damned :straightface:

Nice! I also always loved that second one, although you can only imagine the Twitter meltdown if he covered it :lbf: I do think that slightly sleazy, kooky queerness of the Berlin cabaret scene would suit him very well, though. Think he needs to do a 1920s Weimar album :D

Last edited:
Some weird sin - Iggy Pop
Rock n roll suicide - Bowie
Heroin - velvet underground
Need you around - smoking popes
Judy is a punk (studio) - ramones

I’m willing to bet the album will just be studio records of live covers and 6 obscure 60’s pop songs.

Last edited:
just watched a programme on the bbc iplayer,THE REBIRTH OF ELVIS and elvis vocal style is based on a black singer called roy Hamilton,wow what a voice this guy had,would love M to do one of his songs.i would be amazed if M doesn't know of his work.

Back
Top Bottom