Songs for skating: what song would you pick?

Je Suis Julie

allyouneedismorrissey.com
Inspired by this:

Songs For Skating: How Would Your Short Program Sound?

Pretend you are an Olympic skater. What song do you choose for your program?

I like one of the comments in the link above, which suggests the Shangri-La's "Leader of the Pack," complete with a real on-ice motorcycle tragedy. Gold medal material!

Personally, I'd pick The Stooges' "Search and Destroy" :guitar: :p

Or, for something slower, KristeenYoung's "Halfway Across the Atlantic Ocean," one of my all-time favorite songs by anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Thunderstruck - AC/DC
2. Kometenmelodie 2 - Kraftwerk
3. Half Jack - The Dresden Dolls
4. She's In Parties - Bauhaus
5. Atomic - Blondie
6. Destination Unknown - Missing Persons
7. Fireworks - Siouxsie and the Banshees
8. Velouria - The Pixies
9. London Calling - The Clash
10. Magic - Ladyhawke

"You Were Always On My Mind", the Pet Shop Boys version. I've thought that ever since it came out!

OOh, great suggestions! I especially like The Pixies and Siouxie. "Kiss Them For Me" would be great too.

And "Coin Operated Boy" by The Dresden Dolls - actually, all of their stuff - it's so wonderfully cabaret.

I think "It's a Sin" by the Pet Shop Boys would be fun.

"Into You Like A Train" by The Psychedelic Furs could provide some great choreography. Or "All That Money Wants" - pure jingle jangle heaven.

"Rio" by Duran Duran - anything off that album, really.

*scans collection*

EDIT - OOOH - Peter Murphy's "Cuts You Up"!!!!!!
^And, if you fall and cut your knee or something, you could pretend it was part of the choreography!

Throwing Muses - "Dizzy" featuring lots of spins

FRENTE! - cover of Bizarre Love Triangle (also covers any falling)

Last edited:
this is a song to do a routine to? lol thanks for putting that thought in my head. :p

"You Were Always On My Mind", the Pet Shop Boys version. I've thought that ever since it came out!

Wait... Gretchen, You've been planning music for your skating routine since the 90s? like, just in case? :)

I'm surprised no one's picked GG Allin or Scraping Foetus OTW yet. Obvious picks for a skating routine. :straightface: Also Wesley Willis.

Last edited:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDxciYuygmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sDxciYuygmU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I do not skate. :straightface: However, I still remembering very fondly when skating goddess
kristi3.jpg

Kristi Yamaguchi :love: skated to

Disney + Kristi skating + Lea singing = heaven :bow:

-could not find the clip on youtube, it was there once :confused:

Grieg music from suite "Peer Gynt" would be great:

I always thought the Moulin Rouge version of Roxanne would be great for it :p

Then a couple of years ago I was watching some skating on the telly and someone copied my idea, the barstards.

I went to the same school as Christopher Dean so I felt I had some skating authority, despite being like Bambi on the ice.

^I remember that, too!

There was a time when I was really into skating. Beginning mainly with the "Battle of the Carmens" - Debbie Thomas vs. Katarina Witt. (I was on Witt's side). Skating turned boring after the Tonya/Kerrigan drama. Also, I lost interest after Sergei Grinkoff died. I loved Gordeeva & Grinkoff and there is STILL no pair who can match them.

l_cb3caa84aecf4cb584ce71bea059e229.jpg

:tears:

But, I did watch the end of the men's short program last night. Go Evan! :horny: (I've never seen Mr. Fur Boy skate - I doubt I'm missing much).

ANYWAY, You know what would make a great pair's song?

When Last I Spoke to Carol!
:thumb: Seriously! :guitar:

I always thought the Moulin Rouge version of Roxanne would be great for it :p

Then a couple of years ago I was watching some skating on the telly and someone copied my idea, the barstards.

I went to the same school as Christopher Dean so I felt I had some skating authority, despite being like Bambi on the ice.

I'd like to skate to "Someday I'll Fly Away" from "Moulin Rouge." It's a VERY beautiful song.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom