Songs about Jake

Danny_ pointed out that Morrissey asked to work with Jake recently in order to tease some people like you.

It's very likely that the Omniscient Paperboy, as I like to call him, brought Jako back in the public eye because he knew this thread on Solo would make people laugh.

That's a bit extreme, as far as thoughtfulness goes, but hey.
Jake...Rick Astley...Where will he stop? Noone knows... (not even Johnny Marr, who knows everything before everybody, we got that Johnny!)

457581-5.jpg

mozjake.jpg

I think they're both Jake, but I'm more sure about the second one.

The second one is Jake, the first is Moz's former security guy, who I don't think he was ever involved with :lbf::lbf:

I have some pictures of Jake from instores, I could scan them and upload them, but I don't really understand people's fascination with Jake. I mean, many are so in denial about Morrissey's obvious relationship with him, what can they gain from poring over 15 year old photographs of him? :crazy::crazy::crazy: Besides, there's been many more since :blushing:

I tried to find a pic of Jake once, but it's rather hard (esp. as he is a photographer -- a google image search brings up lots of photos he's taken as opposed to one he's in). Think I found a poor, obtuse shot. Got any pics (out of idle interests)?? Curious what sort of chap M want to share rooms with.....
some older in attachment from http://www.motorcycleaupairboy.com/gallery/search.php?show_result=1&page=2
and
jimmoz.jpg

a recent one from 2008 at a concert, the same year when he worked on pics for yor and hot press with him.
moz.jpg

thats about it on pics

Last edited:
I really don't think that Jake is gay or atleast bisexual, he looks very straight. Oh dear that sounds so pathetic, but I think he looks ever so straight! A ha...then again he is an artist

I really don't think that Jake is gay or atleast bisexual, he looks very straight. Oh dear that sounds so pathetic, but I think he looks ever so straight! A ha...then again he is an artist

How about some examples of what looks gay, bi, and very straight? It would make a nice thread in the Pigsty. Really, you seem to be aware of the concept of dressing up in a somewhat fetishistic way and I am surprised you would make comments like that. I laughed though.

I have some pictures of Jake from instores, I could scan them and upload them, but I don't really understand people's fascination with Jake. I mean, many are so in denial about Morrissey's obvious relationship with him, what can they gain from poring over 15 year old photographs of him? :crazy::crazy::Besides, there's been many more since:
were you there yourself and did shot the pics?waiting hours/ days in line...how brave-some of them were held at a time when it was still cold outside( 94 in the UK) werent they?
too bad he doesnt do any instores anymore..well maybe when the book come out...

yeah i wasnt sure before either..but when i read this, it seems pretty obvious:

Morrissey stated in Observer(26 Feb 95):"I have had an relationship which opened up a crucial area within me.
There is something unstoppable about the Wilde story, and my own" "A Walk On The Wilde Side", interview by Michael Bracewell.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc64/sistasheila/observerfeb95bw.jpg

but-oh well.. who knows really....

but i do doubt there has been "many " after.
Oh dear that sounds so pathetic, but I think he looks ever so straight!
scarlet1987 you would be surpsised how many men looking "obviously" straight are gay/bisexual..
there are for once the "skinhead" look which is pretty popular.
even if they not indulging fully into the macho macho hard appreance they re more than enough looking "straight" but arent.

same with women. so many feminime" obviously" hetero looking are actually not into
men.lesbians consist not exclusely of butch women.

some lapse once. some are some are bi some are pan,some are this some are that, ..sexuality isnt so segretated. and does it really matter who with whom?

i had to add that,scarlet as here was enough homophobic people + posts around here who were dead serious and i dont know you enough to know . i assumed you werent totally serious but oh well. i just had to add it.

i really hope for an photo book of him . cummins did it, linder did it..

yeah he is an artist.the whole thug/low life/boxer thing seemed to be pressed on him from the press:
"Jake was born in South London and is now based in the East End. His first photographs were of Morrissey who used them on a number of single and album sleeves. He went on to study photography at West Surrey Institute Of Art And Design and has since become a leading fashion and portrait photographer contributing to a number of magazines including Another Magazine, Dazed And Confused, GQ, Nylon, Tank and V and has exhibited at The National Portrait Gallery in London.
(from hot press 08)
i like the 4 pics from thats how people grow up and all you need is me covers...really lovely

Last edited:
He just looks too small and pathetic to have moz's cock up 'there'

I am being silly of course, irony is wasted on you lot

hmm now with that comment makes me wonder is Mozz is top, bottom or Versa,. He seems more like a bottom to me. In many lyrics he seems facsinated with rough men. :D

Oh and Jake makes my gaydar go off

he seems facsinated with rough men.

Small blokes who seem to know what they're doing in charge...Mmmm. Shame he wasn't born yet, in 1933...:(

Small blokes OR big ladies but definitely NOT the reverse. He's VERY fussy about that.

... Hey! Maybe he could elope to LA with my :sick: President? I'll buy their tickets.:pray:

Last edited:
Small blokes OR big ladies but definitely NOT the reverse. He's VERY fussy about that.

QUOTE]

Are you talking about Morrissey's sexual preference? Where did the big ladies bit evolve from? I have heard this many times before too

Are you talking about Morrissey's sexual preference? Where did the big ladies bit evolve from? I have heard this many times before too

Possibly from Oscar the famous cross-dresser? (terrribly fond of his mum's clothes, Oscar.)
...Oscar could have been a very large lady. But he probably wouldn't of been bossy enough for Morrissey, who needs an iron fist.:squiffy: Oh dear what have I just said.

No, honestly, I was making this up.

You say Jake is too small but to me the issue is probably weight more than height. Isn't there a minimum weight to sleep with Morrissey? It could be dangerous if you're too thin? Opinions?

Sunny isn't a song about Jake.

It's about Alain's half-brother (or step-brother) who lost his life for drug overdose.

Some people speculate The Operation is about Pete Burns.

Didnt know that thanks.

Didnt know that thanks.

:laughing: You spin me roundround baby- Hold the record still, Pete Burns is making a comeback-

An amusing (to some) coincidence is that if you add an "e" somewhere in his surname, you'll find something they probably removed during the Operation.:eek:

I know. Amazing.

He just looks too small and pathetic to have moz's cock up 'there'

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Maybe Moz was the taker and not the giver. Or maybe it was a purely oral relationship

It surprises me slightly that the symbols interpreters, and Chrystal Geezer in particular, do not comment on the symbolism on this picture. The O in Moz on Jake's belly with the dot in the middle symbolises the male-female sex act. The dot represents the penis and the circle the vagina. What we see on this picture though are two men. You can construct that one of them would rather be a woman with a vagina, but this person neverthess is a biological man. And if one puts his penis in the other person's anus, they still remain two men who put their body parts together and the anus is not a vagina. Facts.

Sometimes it's difficult for me to turn on the symbols machine when the image I have to work with reminds me of my lament, that I was born the wrong sex. I am a gay man trapped in a woman's body. I can't explain it but it's just the way it is. :o I'm also banking on the hope that Morrissey is a lesbian trapped in a man's body. :thumb:

Last edited:
It surprises me slightly that the symbols interpreters, and Chrystal Geezer in particular, do not comment on the symbolism on this picture. The O in Moz on Jake's belly with the dot in the middle symbolises the male-female sex act. The dot represents the penis and the circle the vagina. What we see on this picture though are two men. You can construct that one of them would rather be a woman with a vagina, but this person neverthess is a biological man. And if one puts his penis in the other person's anus, they still remain two men who put their body parts together and the anus is not a vagina. Facts.

What happened to Mr Burns is terrible. Did he inhale to much poppers?

The problem with these quotes is that that they were made by journalists. If you remember Morrissey's radio interview in October/November last year he was very upset that he was so often misquoted. A more valid quote would be one where you actually hear Morrissey say this. Now you can argue that he tells through his songs, but what do you make of some of his songs on Years of Refusal then, in which he sings that nobody ever says to him that the person would like to be held in his arms or that he is ok by himself, that he tried hard to fall in love and that there'd supposedly never be anybody whose dream come true he'd be.

The fact that the interview was conducted by a close friend of Morrissey's (Bracewell) says it all to me

Back
Top Bottom